Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Baltic Sea Object Is a Glacial Deposit

Mister No Name

http://news.yahoo.co...-154845865.html

'Mysterious' Baltic Sea Object Is a Glacial Deposit

By Natalie Wolchover | LiveScience.com – 6 hrs ago

A feature on the floor of the Baltic Sea that was discovered last summer by Swedish treasure hunters is making headlines

once again. The latest media coverage draws upon an hour-long radio interview with Peter Lindberg, head of the Ocean X

Team (which made the "discovery"), in which Lindberg delivers a string of cryptic and titillating statements about the

"strange" and "mysterious" seafloor object his team has been exploring for a year.

• Like 2

Well that's solved now everyone can go and find something else then.

• Like 1

Very interesting! This wont stop the die hard aliens crowd however.

I'm waiting for the cover-up respsonses. :P

• Like 1

That's way more interesting to me then some kind of alien ship, but not as interesting as the theory that it was some kind of Nazi weapon against submarines.

• Like 1

From the article posted on other thread: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=232944

The divers recently gave samples of stone from the object to Volker Brüchert, an associate professor of geology at Stockholm

University. Swedish tabloids quote Brüchert as saying: "I was surprised when I researched the material I found a great black

stone that could be a volcanic rock. My hypothesis is that this object, this structure was formed during the Ice Age many

thousands of years ago."

In other words, an expert appears to back up their claims that this seafloor object is unexplained, and perhaps is an Atlantislike ancient building complex.

To double check, Life's Little Mysteries consulted that expert. Turns out, neither he, nor any

of the other experts contacted about the Baltic Sea object, think there is anything mysterious about it.

"It's good to hear critical voices about this 'Baltic Sea mystery,'" Brüchert wrote in an email. "What has been generously

ignored by the Ocean-X team is that most of the samples they have brought up from the sea bottom are granites and gneisses

and sandstones."

These, he explains, are exactly what one would expect to see in a glacial basin, which is what the Baltic Sea is — a region

carved out by glacial ice long ago.

• Like 1

Well at least it gave us all something to talk about.

• Like 1

Doesn't sound like they know for sure what it is.

• Like 1

I read somewhere that Peter Lindhberg believed that the Swedish Coast Guard were jamming their equipment and that the US and Russia were doing military drills in the area.

Whats striking about this is that I have seen far more efforts to debunk and discard the object rather than explore it. If it was the result of ancient civilazations, I believe we have a mandate to know.

I would feel much better is the exploration were being done by scholars instead of a private company.

• Like 2

A glacial deposit can interfere with electronic equipment? Interesting. :tu:

• Like 2

A glacial deposit can interfere with electronic equipment? Interesting. :tu:

Giant magnet? Put here by giants?! I like this theory.

• Like 1

From the article posted on other thread: http://www.unexplain...howtopic=232944

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

You linked to this thread.

I assume you meant the other thread, which is 37 pages already:

http://www.unexplain...c=228373&st=525

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Seriously people, this rivals the face on mars.

Stop wearing out your keyboards; this thing is not unnatural.

Edit: Hello Mr. semicolon.

Edited by Timonthy

i knew it wasn't going to be interesting

If it looks indeed like this:

post-18246-0-19642300-1346482942_thumb.j

... it sure is interesting.

Last time there was an article that Baltic anomaly was a secret Nazi weapon, now it's about a glacial deposit. The latter one seems more likely to me.

• 4 months later...

“It is unique!” caught my attention.

If it’s natural, I’d naturally expect other similar deposits in the area. Are there any? Or it's natural for that type of deposit to look like that and to stick out, all alone?

• 6 months later...

I wonder, if its not anything unnatural why then does it affect all electrical equipment within close proximity?

OK, it's a UFO that crashed long ago on a glacier and got carried along (and chewed up in the process) by the glacier's ice and eventually deposited where it was found. Howzat? :P