Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skydiver Survives After Parachute Fails

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Liam Dunne, 35, who is a father of two, broke his back after dramatically crashing into the ground at high speed and landing in the soft, waterlogged area.His reserve parachute opened at the last moment on the horrifying descent at a festival in Moteuko, New Zealand, but it was still too late to prevent him suffering serious injury.

:blink: ...what a lucky,lucky beggar he's been...mind..i bet he was...errmm..'clenched' when it failed.. :whistle:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9511386/Skydiver-survives-13000ft-drop-as-parachute-fails.html

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 3

Gotta love that photo! I bet you never take anything for granted again after an experience like that eh?

• Like 2

WOW, that is lucky!!!!!!!

This is why i won't go skydiving. lol

That episode of Hollyoaks (yes i watch it) where the psycho girl cuts her parachute just scared the **** outta me. lol

• Like 2

coffey watches hollyoaks! :D

Haha, I'll try to blame my housemate now cause she watches it and everyone will pretend to believe me.... :tu:

• Like 2

Love the photo; he's lucky to have survived that.

• Like 2

He seems to be recovering well considering he broke his back, so it's good to hear he should be walking again soon. What a very lucky person to even be alive after that fall.

• Like 2

skydiving is the most exhilarating and awesome thing anyone can do. If you ever get the chance you have to try it!

• Like 1

I'm a pilot so my question would be "why would you jump out of a perfectly good plane"?

• Like 3

Is it just cynical old me, or does anyone else think it's sus' that his main chute failed then his reserve wasn't readily available.. If I was him I'd be a little paranoid at this point... :whistle: .

• Like 2

There going to end up changing the label "Skydiver" to "Grounddiver" before long.

Glad to see he made it.

• Like 2