Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Pyramids Found in Antarctica

chimaybliss

It's not always wise to take a quick look and dismiss things outright.

"In 2001, the oldest town in South America was officially announced. Dating to 2600 BC, it pushed back the date for the “first town” with one millennium. What is even more intriguing, is that the town of Caral has pyramids, contemporary with the Egyptian Pyramid Era."

The Caral Pyramids, before excavation, looked like ordinary dirt mounds. Video.

So you want to point out to me that there's a huge time-frame difference between the Antarctica and Caral. Fair enough. I'm just sayin' that it's not always wise to dismiss things outright. We don't know with any absolute certainty what our human past entailed. If it turns out that the formations in Antarctica are pyramids, we'll have to re-write history. If it turns out they're rock formations, then I think nature did a mighty fine job at making them perfect.

We think mankind is so-many-years-old... based on what's been discovered so far. That's not necessarily the end of the story. I think there's a lot more waiting to be found.

Keep an open mind and see what happens.

Also keep an open mind about geology.

Natural forces are able to create astounding things.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Can it be possible that Antarctica was once warm enough in the recent past to actually have had an ancient civilization living there? And even more perplexing is the question of if an advanced culture did develop there, are there any structures still remaining that are buried underneath the ice? Amazingly a team of researchers is making the claim that they have found evidence of several ancient pyramids on the ice covered continent of Antarctica.

So far, the team has not released much information on their discovery although a few pictures have been leaked on the internet recently. I will let you be the judge on if these pictures truly display artificial pyramids or just the rocky tops of mountains but the images are intriguing and definitely warrant further research in my opinion

Read more and see the pics here: http://goo.gl/zjujn

The first two photo's look like a natural formation

The third photo somehow looks like it is fake (in my opinion)

post-132279-0-43656700-1346533636_thumb.

Something about that does not look right to me

It is a possibility that there is something under the ice and snow but I highly doubt that this is anything apart from somebody trying to get their 15 minutes of fame

Quote by Abramelin: "Also keep an open mind about geology. Natural forces are able to create astounding things."

You're so right! The natural world is loaded with them. Those same forces also bury things, which are rediscovered or seen for the first time eons later.

Looking forward to the scientific verdict on these.

Edited by Winter Summer

piramids everywhere around the world... even on the moon and on mars.. i wont be finding it suprising . if it were piramids... and who said humans began to exist . 200.000 years ago .. its all theory .. not a fact. . . . they still dont know where we came from.. how we became to exist.

i think those piramids are build by aliens.

Quote by Abramelin: "Also keep an open mind about geology. Natural forces are able to create astounding things."

You're so right! The natural world is loaded with them. Those same forces also bury things, which are rediscovered or seen for the first time eons later.

Looking forward to the scientific verdict on these.

Let's assume, for the sake of the argument, there was indeed an ancient civilization on Antarctica,

By now the ever moving glaciers would have flattened it beyond recognition.

If it was super advanced aliens, why did they always just build the same pyramid pattern over and over again instead of leaving something actually pointing definitively to their existence? Like a giant robot.

• Like 2

If it was super advanced aliens, why did they always just build the same pyramid pattern over and over again instead of leaving something actually pointing definitively to their existence? Like a giant robot.

For that matter, why would a super-advanced race of aliens travel the depths of the cosmos to come to our world and build...with stone.

Stupid aliens.

• Like 2

For that matter, why would a super-advanced race of aliens travel the depths of the cosmos to come to our world and build...with stone.

Stupid aliens.

All of the Interplanetary Union of Bricklayers members were on a "work to rule"?

Or maybe.... they decided that humans are better starting with Lego before trying Meccano. (lol)

• Like 1

Let's assume, for the sake of the argument, there was indeed an ancient civilization on Antarctica,

By now the ever moving glaciers would have flattened it beyond recognition.

Could you not build on top of the glaciers and "go with the flow"?

(only jokin')

Could you not build on top of the glaciers and "go with the flow"?

(only jokin')

Of course: you set up thousands of tents or make iglos, maybe a thousand snowmen as totems to impres the penguins..

Those ancients must have been awesome.

• Like 2

Stupid aliens.

It was the earth women, I tell ya.

They watched them frolic on our beaches with their super advanced telescopes.

After they were done ... < ahem> ... watching, they zapped to planet Earth and played god to those women.

"Honey, you see that latest model of the Zeta Ridiculi saucer? That's mine...."

OK, I better go watch a movie (and not think of that heap of bills).

• Like 1

Again I must agree with Hasina. "Conceivable" and "factual" are two entirely different things. If there is no evidence for an idea, that idea cannot be regarded as a theory or an historical model.

Howdy Kmt_sesh

Yes the 3P's possible, plausible and probable. It is possible that a meteor will enter the earth's atmosphere and hit you in the head, it is also plausible but the probability is extremely limited. It is possible that there was a place called Atlantis (as written about by Plato), however it isn't plausible or probable, It is possible the AE built the pyramids as tombs, it is also plausible and probable, etc. Many things are possible, some are plausible and most are probable - but it is in the probably that the question remains

• Like 1

The first two photo's look like a natural formation

The third photo somehow looks like it is fake (in my opinion)

Something about that does not look right to me

It is a possibility that there is something under the ice and snow but I highly doubt that this is anything apart from somebody trying to get their 15 minutes of fame

Agreed. If that glacier were flowing around it, the ice at its base would be deformed. And that glacier is flowing, it's what they do.

• Like 1

I throughly enjoy the idea of aliens. Millions of years ago Antarctica was warm enough for dinosaurs. If it was something out of this world wouldn't we find more evidence. Maybe the real leaders of this world doesn't want us to know.

• Like 1

I throughly enjoy the idea of aliens. Millions of years ago Antarctica was warm enough for dinosaurs. If it was something out of this world wouldn't we find more evidence. Maybe the real leaders of this world doesn't want us to know.

LOL Yes, world leaders work together so darn well.

Welcome to UM, DarthD.

• Like 1

It's the Old Ones!

• Like 1

So you dont trust science.

It has to be TPTB.

For your information

Antarctica Geological Timeline - A history of the land of Antarctica

Note that The Continent became covered with ice 25 Million years ago.

Mass Extinctions took place at the end of the Cretaceous Era and during the Paleocene era, Antarctica started developing a cooler climate which eventually lead to the ice build up and eventually Antarctica becomes what we see during the End of the Eocene era.

and off note :

All the facts in the link are based on scientific studies.

if you dont trust science, you have no right to use the technology that you use today. go run into the wild and live like an ape.

For your information : All the facts in the link are based on scientific studies.

if you dont trust science, you have no right to use the technology that you use today. go run into the wild and live like an ape.

If you don't trust the English language in it's written form you shouldn't use it either. In my opinion. :)

How you know Antarctica froze suddenly?

It isnt? Well how come that we can found plants under ice. Doesnt that indicate that it was frozen suddenly? Maybe I read something wrongly.

I was taking a boat around in the fjords in southern norway a few months back. Rising from the water is one half of a perfectly formed pyramid... Made by....... Weather ;). Still it was wonderfull to see, i understan how it can provoke curiosity.

• Like 1

It isnt? Well how come that we can found plants under ice. Doesnt that indicate that it was frozen suddenly? Maybe I read something wrongly.

You probably mean fossilized plants? They only prove Antarctica was once located on a different latitude with a warmer climate.

See The_Spartan's link.

• Like 1