Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man accidentally shoots himself in the head

Still Waters

A South Carolina man has died after demonstrating the proper way to shoot yourself in the head police say.

James Gagum, 43, was watching a movie at his home in Conway early Friday morning when a witness said he began to argue a character's handling of a gun, according to WPDE.

He said, 'that's not how it's done,' before pulling the trigger three times while holding it to his head, according to the witness.

http://www.dailymail...per-way-it.html

As I said dozen times: "Guns make you safer!"

• Like 2

Oh my gosh, that's sad. Isn't the rule of thumb supposed to be treat every gun as loaded until you've checked?

Yes, but 75% of the gun toters have never had a safety class. Something that should change in THEIR interest, as this article shows.

Is it possible to shoot yourself in the head THREE times? Surely after the first time you would be in no position to be doing anything else? :cry:

Nah, it's possible to quickly pull the trigger fast enough, and muscle memory will make your hand continue what it was doing even after your brains been damaged.

Man Suicide Instructor accidentally shoots himself in the head while demonstrating 'proper' way to do it

That's what the title of the article should of said.

Good God the irony of it all!

• Like 1

Is it possible to shoot yourself in the head THREE times? Surely after the first time you would be in no position to be doing anything else? :cry:

The gun was likely a revolver, so the first two shots he took might of been blanks. He surely didn't see what was going to happen next coming! :unsure2:

The gun was likely a revolver, so the first two shots he took might of been blanks. He surely didn't see what was going to happen next coming! :unsure2:

From the article -

Mr Gagum didn't realize the black handgun was loaded, firing off on the third squeeze.

• Like 1

If you believe this story I have some land I want to sell you in Florida.

The gun was likely a revolver, so the first two shots he took might of been blanks.

I recently learned how to handle and fire hand guns and my instructors burned into my brain that they should always be treated as loaded. I will never forget that. This guy was just showing off and out back fired.

Sadly, the saying "you can't fix stupid" stands out for me on this one. I am sorry for those around him who had to witness this and for his loss of life but I can't help shaking my head at his monumental ego and pride that led him to show off like that.

As I understand it, there was only one bullet, which fired at the third time he pulled the trigger.

So, the first 2 times nothing happened, but his luck ran out when he pulled a third time.