Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NY teen killed putting head out of party bus

notoverrated

He should have known better. He was well-aware of the risks, but chose to do what he did anyway regardless. Therefore, it is his fault, and he did deserve it. And, I am not sympathetic towards blatant stupidity and ignorance, I am sorry. I never did any such thing as a youngster, as I had more of a head on my shoulders than that. My parents told me to keep my arms inside of the window once, and I did so. If he had been sensible, and listened to the adult, then this would have never happened. He is dead.

I have no sympathy. Zero. I guess I am a bad person. Oh, well.

no one said you are a bad person that is not for me to decide (i dont care ) but you made a stupid comment that could be taken offensively.
  • Like 1

I have to agree with the people who are saying that a 17 year old should know better. Just because the science shows that a teenager can't exercise good judgement doesn't mean they can't bloody listen to instructions, especially when it comes to a moving motor vehicle and the possibility of a quick death. Doing drugs? Yeah, that can be blamed on teenagers being undeveloped little morons. Intentionally trying to take off safety belts at amusement parks (which teenagers have done and have died from) is not excusable. If the safety parameters are there, are told to you, and you fully realize what's a stake, then follow those rules and you won't die. Feel bad for the kid if you want, but I'll lose no sleep over the fact that he didn't follow proper instructions nor listen to the 'emergency hatch' warning label. Did he not stop to read it? Probably. But who goes ahead and sticks their head out of a moving vehicle and expects they'll be fine? Morons and the extinct Limb Flailer Monkey.

I vote bad luck has more to do with it. Many teens make bad mistakes that could have turned out fatal yet chance spared them.

Edited by Chasingtherabbit
  • Like 1

I've found that fate has a way of reminding us when we say blatantly cruel or heartless things that it stops being funny when it starts being YOU. The child was sixteen years old. He made a mistake and he will never be seventeen. I feel badly for those with no mercy in their hearts for the simple humanity of a child.

• Like 4

I've found that fate has a way of reminding us when we say blatantly cruel or heartless things that it stops being funny when it starts being YOU. The child was sixteen years old. He made a mistake and he will never be seventeen. I feel badly for those with no mercy in their hearts for the simple humanity of a child.

yes the world unforgiving. people are selfish and like to feel Superior, its one of the reasons i think the world keeps getting worse.

no one said you are a bad person that is not for me to decide (i dont care ) but you made a stupid comment that could be taken offensively.

If people are offended, then that is their issue, not mine. I can't be held accountable for how somebody perceives and processes my response. That is entirely up to them. It is none of my business.

If people are offended, then that is their issue, not mine. I can't be held accountable for how somebody perceives and processes my response. That is entirely up to them. It is none of my business.

your taking this to personally. i disagreed with you nothing more then that, im not trying to discussed your social views just the topic man.

your taking this to personally. i disagreed with you nothing more then that, im not trying to discussed your social views just the topic man.

You said that what I said could viewed in an offensive light, to which I replied that I am not held accountable by anybody for how they perceive/process my response.

Okay lets be honest here, we are human and we ALL do stupid things at times and as far as age is concerned it doesn't matter how old you are. Especially for guys and a prime example of that is Jackass. Yes they were all told several times not to mess with it and he didn't listen but he didn't deserve to die...maybe getting kicked off the party bus he deserved but not to die BUT his lack of respect for authority ended his life so ultimately it IS his fault, I'm sorry. I feel bad for his family and loved ones.

• Like 2

A neurologist penned the following article which seems to disagree.

Why Healthy Teenagers Die

This is one neurologist. I would be interested in seeing how many others agree with what has been penned.

You said that what I said could viewed in an offensive light, to which I replied that I am not held accountable by anybody for how they perceive/process my response.

but you are accountable for what you say. and it said it could be offensive.
  • Like 1

This is one neurologist. I would be interested in seeing how many others agree with what has been penned.

its not just one, its pretty popular theory. i hear it on like discovery or something one of those smart shows.
  • Like 1

but you are accountable for what you say. and it said it could be offensive.

Being accountable for what I say and being held accountable for how they are perceived are two entirely different concepts. If somebody is offended, that is their choice. It does not matter as to what you say in life, an individual could find it offensive. There are individuals who get offended when you say "Jesus Christ" in vain.. so, should I be held accountable for how they feel, or should they be held accountable for how they feel?

its not just one, its pretty popular theory. i hear it on like discovery or something one of those smart shows.

I would be interested in seeing this "theory" pursued more rigorously.

• Like 1

Being accountable for what I say and being held accountable for how they are perceived are two entirely different concepts. If somebody is offended, that is their choice. It does not matter as to what you say in life, an individual could find it offensive. There are individuals who get offended when you say "Jesus Christ" in vain.. so, should I be held accountable for how they feel, or should they be held accountable for how they feel?

when did i say that you were? i said it could be viewed as offensive that's all it was more of a "be respectful" type thing. if you dont want to be respectful thats your thing dude.

I would be interested in seeing this "theory" pursued more rigorously.

ok.... google it.

when did i say that you were? i said it could be viewed as offensive that's all it was more of a "be respectful" type thing. if you dont want to be respectful thats your thing dude.

It was implied. Also, "respect" is a relative term.

ok.... google it.

Will do, indeed.

Hey hey hey, I thought this thread was about some teenager getting killed by an overpass. When did this become a petty fight about how people's opinions can be offensive. Yeah, the kid died, but he did so in a pretty obviously stupid way. Alienated Being just voiced his opinion about it, no need to crawl up his butt about it like Richard Gere's gerbil.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 1

It was implied. Also, "respect" is a relative term.

Will do, indeed.

you just love argue -.- . i "implied" that you should be respectful (if you want to argue wat respectful is you can argue with someone else cause im sure 90% of the pop has pretty much the same grasp on it)

Hey hey hey, I thought this thread was about some teenager getting killed by an overpass. When did this become a petty fight about how people's opinions can be offensive. Yeah, the kid died, but he did so in a pretty obviously stupid way. Alienated Being just voiced his opinion about it, no need to crawl up his butt about it like Richard Gere's gerbil.

i dont even know D:

We are all entitled to our opinion and sometimes they are offensive to others but either way we have the right to feel/think however we want. And just like AB should take responsibilty for his words(which he owned notoverrated), this 17 yr old needs to take responsibility for his actions and I think that's all AB is really trying to say.

you just love argue -.- . i "implied" that you should be respectful (if you want to argue wat respectful is you can argue with someone else cause im sure 90% of the pop has pretty much the same grasp on it)

What would be the point in bringing up how other people could feel offended, unless you, yourself didn't feel that I should be held accountable for how they feel? Respect wasn't implied at all - me being held accountable for potential offense that has been taken is what was implied, simply by posting that others could see it as being offensive.

no need to crawl up his butt about it like Richard Gere's gerbil.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm adding you to my friends list just for that comment.

The part of the brain that analyzes risk is not fully developed until around the age of 25.

That is not stupidity just a part of immaturity. Being immature is not a negative just a part of growth.

Those who claim the kid deserved it are stupid or maybe ignorant. The equivalent is yelling at an 8-year-old and expecting them to act and think like adults. It is your expectations that are unrealistic in both cases.

When I was 11 I wouldn't have done something that stupid.... never mind 15.

• Like 2

What would be the point in bringing up how other people could feel offended, unless you, yourself didn't feel that I should be held accountable for how they feel? Respect wasn't implied at all - me being held accountable for potential offense that has been taken is what was implied, simply by posting that others could see it as being offensive.

how do you know wat i implied? your making this to complicated man i have no idea wat ur trying to say.

We are all entitled to our opinion and sometimes they are offensive to others but either way we have the right to feel/think however we want. And just like AB should take responsibilty for his words(which he owned notoverrated), this 17 yr old needs to take responsibility for his actions and I think that's all AB is really trying to say.

he is dead what responsibility does he have?

how do you know wat i implied? your making this to complicated man i have no idea wat ur trying to say.

Lmfao. :tu: