Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NY teen killed putting head out of party bus

notoverrated

Lmfao. :tu:

ya so if you can dumb it down a bit it would be nice right now you seem to just be saying the same thing over and over to me and its confusing.

ya so if you can dumb it down a bit it would be nice right now you seem to just be saying the same thing over and over to me and its confusing.

My argument translates to...

"You wouldn't have posted that it could be taken as offensive if you didn't feel that I should be held accountable."

My argument translates to...

"You wouldn't have posted that it could be taken as offensive if you didn't feel that I should be held accountable."

yes for your own words not others emotions. maybe i cant explain what i mean but i tihnk thts how i should put it.

he is dead what responsibility does he have?

Lmao the responsibility of being dead... You know what I mean, don't be so petty and pick my words apart trying to prove a point. I'll say it one more time and I'll type real slow for you so that maybe you'll get it okay sweetie...ULTIMATELY it was this kids fault, HE did NOT listen so therefor HIS actions resulted in him dying...so HE is RESPONSIBLE for his own death. You picking up what I'm putting down now lol did I make that clear enough for you sunshine????

Lmao the responsibility of being dead... You know what I mean, don't be so petty and pick my words apart trying to prove a point. I'll say it one more time and I'll type real slow for you so that maybe you'll get it okay sweetie...ULTIMATELY it was this kids fault, HE did NOT listen so therefor HIS actions resulted in him dying...so HE is RESPONSIBLE for his own death. You picking up what I'm putting down now lol did I make that clear enough for you sunshine????

No, no, no! Clearly other people were responsible for his actions!!!

^^^^^

I am sure that is what the parents are attempting to establish, to avoid making their kid look like an idiot.

• Like 1

No, no, no! Clearly other people were responsible for his actions!!!

^^^^^

I am sure that is what the parents are attempting to establish, to avoid making their kid look like an idiot.

Yes he was so clearly a victim of those nasty over passes...you know how they just love to jump out and kill people at random.

yup. thax for walking me threw it mam :passifier:

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but this came to mind...

Too soon? :blush:

• Like 1

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but this came to mind...

Too soon? :blush:

lol great timing

My only comment on this is why wasn't there some sort of "Childproofing" on the emergency hatch? The hatch should only be able to be opened by the driver from some kind of mechanism in the drivers compartment, or automatically if there's an accident like airbags do. We all know you can't just tell a sixteen year old to do or not do something. The teen years are the years where they think they know everything.

Other than that, I'm very sorry this had to happen. The kid should've had another sixty+ years left to enjoy.......

• Like 2

The part of the brain that analyzes risk is not fully developed until around the age of 25.

That is not stupidity just a part of immaturity. Being immature is not a negative just a part of growth.

Those who claim the kid deserved it are stupid or maybe ignorant. The equivalent is yelling at an 8-year-old and expecting them to act and think like adults. It is your expectations that are unrealistic in both cases.

no, it was a stupid thing to do no matter how old. it's not like they had to analyze the risk anyway. they were repeatedly told to leave the hatch alone. repeatedly. to go ahead and pull that stunt is stupid not immature.

I have to agree with the people who are saying that a 17 year old should know better. Just because the science shows that a teenager can't exercise good judgement doesn't mean they can't bloody listen to instructions, especially when it comes to a moving motor vehicle and the possibility of a quick death. Doing drugs? Yeah, that can be blamed on teenagers being undeveloped little morons. Intentionally trying to take off safety belts at amusement parks (which teenagers have done and have died from) is not excusable. If the safety parameters are there, are told to you, and you fully realize what's a stake, then follow those rules and you won't die. Feel bad for the kid if you want, but I'll lose no sleep over the fact that he didn't follow proper instructions nor listen to the 'emergency hatch' warning label. Did he not stop to read it? Probably. But who goes ahead and sticks their head out of a moving vehicle and expects they'll be fine? Morons and the extinct Limb Flailer Monkey.

I didn't say it wasn't tragic, I just said it was stupid.

I consider adults who ignore science as more moronic than teens who ignore adults and fail to heed warning labels.

If people are offended, then that is their issue, not mine. I can't be held accountable for how somebody perceives and processes my response. That is entirely up to them. It is none of my business.

This is one neurologist. I would be interested in seeing how many others agree with what has been penned.

Many others would agree since it is consensus. The second link was from the US Department of Health and Human Services and referenced the work of three different individuals, two Ph. D's and one M.D. (1, 2, 3.) You also don't have to be convinced or revise your opinion and can continue with your view since science does not require your agreement to be validated.

Edited by Chasingtherabbit

I'm not 'ignoring science' as you put it. It's like people with the dangers of drinking and driving. Some people have this biological need to drink and/or get drunk, they're supported by it, they need it more then food almost or their brain begins to panic. I know this quite well. Yet people always get p***y about the drunk driver who hits and kills people. Who knows if that man or woman 'needs' alcohol, but does this make their crime excusable? Hell to the no. We're thinking beings, even if science says teenagers have more of a detachment from actions = consequences a huge lot of teenagers somehow successfully make it to adult hood without getting a quick haircut from an overpass or shoot themselves with a gun. You even have adults with the actions = consequences problem thing. If teenagers have such a problem with it, then I've got an idea, let's make adulthood start at 25. No driving, no drinking till then. Maybe this will stop all the unneeded idiotic deaths.

Edited by Hasina

Well to be fair it is partly because of harsh views that hold children accountable as adults that allow them to grow up to be adults.

It is still moronic on the adults part to be overly harsh (negative reinforcement works poorly) in their opinion of kids and teens. They help but not as much as those adults who understand better (positive reinforcement such as sending the teens who wanted to open the hatch to deliver the message or switching their attention somehow to something other than the hatch but this take creativity and intellegience on the part of the adult).

Any adult can sit and talk negatively of those with less experience but their strong opinion reflects more on them than on the kids they are judging.

Also for adults there are some activies that can shrink the frontal lobes where the prefrontal cortex is located causing them to also engage in risky behavior but that is for another thread.

Edited by Chasingtherabbit

Right, they should have made them sing 'Wheels on the Bus' cause gosh darnit, holes are so enticing.

LOL they might as well join along since we seem to be singing that very same song now.

Good one Hasina!

I consider adults who ignore science as more moronic than teens who ignore adults and fail to heed warning labels.

Science?

The Teen ignored science..... A teen is a young adult really.

I knew physics back then, certianly enough to figure out why I was being told not to open the roof hatch.

I'm wondering why it was so damned hot in the bus the kids were all complaining, security had to tell them several times they couldn't open the emergency hatch AND then had to go down to the driver to talk through the heat issue - if you hire a bus from a "limousine" company, you should be able to expect decent air-conditioning dammit.

It was the kids own responsibility for ignoring the guards intructions and opening the hatch BUT I would be having some serious words with the company for putting 65 teens into an oven - their brains aren't fully formed to begin with, add a little baking ... just saying.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't go so far as to say he "deserved" to die, but his death was of his making.

My kids knew not to do what they were told not to do from a very young age. Sure, they did it sometimes anyway, and then whatever happened to them was because they made the choice to do the wrong thing. That's called personal responsibility.

Seventeen year olds can enter college, are trusted to drive, can get married in some states. And yet we can't hold them accountable for not sticking their head out of a bus after being told not to repeatedly?

Of course it's tragic, and I feel sorry for the family and especially the kids who had to witness the kid get killed. But there are consequences for our choices, and those consequences are our responsibility for the most part.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

- post removed -

Ah the good old spam account commenting on a tragic news article. Quite the opportunist are you?

As for those saying he deserved it, I wouldn't say that. Even intelligent people sometimes do stupid stuff in the sour of the moment or even enjoying it. But really it is his fault. The risks are obvious and he took the chance and paid the price, simple as that.

I won't describe this kid badly, because i tend to respect the dead people and i tend also to not form an opinion for a person or a group from an individual case. This kid should have acted more logically at that case, but it's still a human loss isn't it? My condolences to the kid's family...