Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Worst end to a TV show that wasn't cancelled

None of the above

OK and I'm going to start the bar pretty high here.

My Lovely Mrs made me watch the whole of Lost.

Which had an ending so bad, so awful, so phone it in and skate on by...

So my first vote goes to LOST, what a pile of carp.

The series ending that left me the most disappointed was "Quantum Leap"... For years the main character was thrown willy-nilly throughout time helping others to have happy lives... and in the end, it is revealed that he can never go home - the one thing he wanted the most...

Great series - bad ending... It wasn't illogical (within the frame work of the series), it wasn't poorly written or acted, just severely disappointing....

(I never watched Lost so i can't comment on that...0

Yeah, "Quantum Leap's" ending was a real bummer. I also didn't like the way "The Sopranos" ended either (was Tony wacked or what?). Generally speaking, most show endings leave a great deal to be desired IMO.

Well obviously you didn't understand the show then.

Lol, ok fanboy, so you know how to be patronising?

I stopped watching LOST ,after the first season . I knew better. All of my LOST watching friends were beyond disappointed with the end,which I don't even know,because I didn't even want to know.

People b****ed on facebook for weeks after the finale .

Yeah, "Quantum Leap's" ending was a real bummer. I also didn't like the way "The Sopranos" ended either (was Tony wacked or what?). Generally speaking, most show endings leave a great deal to be desired IMO.

Two of my friends were Quantum Leap fiends . They've ne er mentioned the end to me .I will have to ask.

I also never watched the sopranos . It's on my netflix q ,so I can just watch it start to finish .

People say the end was done o it left you hanging,but is considered iconic somehow....

I was seriously cheeses off by the end of Medium ,but they did it that way because of the shows sudden cancellation .

Feh

The series ending that left me the most disappointed was "Quantum Leap"... For years the main character was thrown willy-nilly throughout time helping others to have happy lives... and in the end, it is revealed that he can never go home - the one thing he wanted the most...

Great series - bad ending... It wasn't illogical (within the frame work of the series), it wasn't poorly written or acted, just severely disappointing....

(I never watched Lost so i can't comment on that...0

I actually liked the finale episode of Quantum Leap.

Star Trek Enterprise. Never got to the end. Killed of halfway through and then they put TNG people in with Enterprise people to steal the last episode. Bleh.

Way to kill the franchise Bakula! (Ex Quantum Leap)

Star Trek Enterprise. Never got to the end. Killed of halfway through and then they put TNG people in with Enterprise people to steal the last episode. Bleh.

Way to kill the franchise Bakula! (Ex Quantum Leap)

It wasn't Bakula's fault... I blame the writers/director... Heck I could have written a better end for the series than they did - and I have no talent...

I really liked Enterprise...Didn't care much for the last episode... I thought what they did to 'Trip' was totally pointless...

The main problem with that series was that they made the alien races way too advanced and powerful... and then for the most part they are never heard from again in any of the other series...

The Galaxy was way too populated with advanced peoples...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd vote for Alf.

The whole premise of the show's run was that the family needed to keep him a secret or government agents would kill him and dissect him. The last episode had those agents showing up at the door and the series ending - pretty harsh for a sit com.

I will admit, I liked Friends. But they might as well have called it "Ross and Rachel." The last few episodes should have been more about the new babies Monica and Chandler have and their happy future and all that nicey-nice. But what do we get? Ross and Rachel in the sack...I could be just fussy but that kind of ruined it for me.

Edited by Melly

I'd vote for Alf.

The whole premise of the show's run was that the family needed to keep him a secret or government agents would kill him and dissect him. The last episode had those agents showing up at the door and the series ending - pretty harsh for a sit com.

Oh wow, I had forgotten that is how Alf ended... I must have blanked out that memory from my childhood.

NuBSG. (spoiler alert)

(The Ron Moore Battlestar Galactica)

The whole ending, The chief breaking whats her names neck and destroying the peace treaty, the crappie CGi cylons for the big final battle, matey out of Quantum leap shooting himself, Earth being populated with early hominids the Colonials abandoning their technology. Starbuck vanishing......

Super awful!

A shocking end to a mediocre series.

Long live original BSG!

Not thrilled with the way Weeds ended.

I wasn't thrilled with the way "Weeds" kept going for roughly 4 years after it had lost it's basic mojo for telling compelling stories... It tried hard to recapture things but every twist it threw in just seemed to make things worse.

I wasn't thrilled with the way "Weeds" kept going for roughly 4 years after it had lost it's basic mojo for telling compelling stories... It tried hard to recapture things but every twist it threw in just seemed to make things worse.

Good point. I think it declined rapidly when Celia left the show. (I just like watching Nancy every week ;) )

Yeah the Sopranos disappointed me to greatly, and whats with the way they just end an episode it just cuts to black lmao. Its like okay i guess that ones over

Firefly was a great show. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/ It had it all,... great CG animations, witty dialogue the quirky premises and settings was great. The characters in the story were also interesting.

It was axed after eleven of the fourteen produced episodes were aired.

I have no idea why. :angry:

Edited by Hazzard

Firefly was a great show. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0303461/ It had it all,... great CG animations, witty dialogue the quirky premises and settings was great. The characters in the story were also interesting.

It was axed after eleven of the fourteen produced episodes were aired.

I have no idea why. :angry:

(SPOILER ALERT) If you've not seen Firefly or serenity just go and watch them and don't read this post.

Firefly was cancelled though. Joss Whedon did wrap it up with the movie Serenity and I thought he did a good job.

Serenity is one of the best Sci-Fi movies of the last decade, for all the reasons you outline above.

I thought it was a shame that Joss kills off Wash and Book, and of course much of the hinted at 'back stories' never gets explained, but for a show that was cancelled after 10 episodes aired, I think we got llucky with the movie.

The TV show is a true gem. Joss' best TV work by a wide, wide margin. The Movie Serenity is a classic.

And I never get tired of watching River kick butt!

http://youtu.be/nAzZoU9tOeY

• 2 weeks later...

NuBSG. (spoiler alert)

(The Ron Moore Battlestar Galactica)

The whole ending, The chief breaking whats her names neck and destroying the peace treaty, the crappie CGi cylons for the big final battle, matey out of Quantum leap shooting himself, Earth being populated with early hominids the Colonials abandoning their technology. Starbuck vanishing......

Super awful!

A shocking end to a mediocre series.

Long live original BSG!

I absolutely loved everything about that show, including the ending. This may speak more about me than anything else, but I actually didn't see the ending coming. Awesome sci fi.

I couldnt get into the original. Too cheesy. It reminds me of the original 'V'.

• Like 1

I absolutely loved everything about that show, including the ending. This may speak more about me than anything else, but I actually didn't see the ending coming. Awesome sci fi.

I couldnt get into the original. Too cheesy. It reminds me of the original 'V'.

*Gasp* Wash out your mouth with soap! Thats just crazy talk ;)

I've got one of the original spacesuits from the 'Fire in Space' episode, some smaller original props and a full size Centurion in the lounge.

I met most of the cast in Birmingham some years ago... I'm a little bit of a fan.

Edited by Atlantia
  • Like 1