Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Getting your money back from Ron Paul, Inc.

Yamato

H.R. 459: Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2012

112th Congress, 2011–2012

To require a full audit of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal reserve banks by the Comptroller General of the United States, and for other purposes.

Sponsor :Rep. Ronald “Ron” Paul [R-TX14]

http://www.govtrack....bills/112/hr459

It has everything to do with what you said, and you don't even know it.

Opposing the European Central Bank is analogous to opposing the US Federal Reserve. Central banking by central planners in the form of unionized bankers creating massive overages of credit to keep interest rates artificially low and prevent deflation of prices which would otherwise not occur by natural market forces is the biggest meat and potatoes issue Ron Paul has cut his teeth on for his entire political career. This ponzi scheme forces the business cycle and the dramatic booms and busts we've been living (suffering) through for far too long now. These are financial weapons of mass destruction and they literally ruin peoples' lives. Bank of America is planning on sending bags of money across the Greek border for their coming currency collapse and exodus from the EU. This is exactly the kind of blowback that Ron Paul has been warning us about since 2003 ("years before anyone else could have possibly seen it coming"). The American people are the ones on the hook to have to pay for this, even if you don't lose your house, even if you don't lose your savings in the tech bubble, in the real estate bubble, in the coming bond bubble, even if you don't see the value of your life's work erode before your eyes thanks to the dilution of the purchasing power of the dollar in the face of those 0% interest rates on our savings those wonderful banks are rewarding our poor, elderly, and disabled with. It's frankly insensitive not to care about this issue so much that you can't even acknowledge it.

[media=]

[/media]

And again, read the book so you can acknowledge what I'm saying instead of repeatedly denying it as irrelevant. Opposing central authority is Ron Paul's bread and butter. Claiming he supports the EU was the most ridiculous comment I've heard on this message board this year; congrats.

Edited by Yamato

Did you even read my post? Nowhere did I use the phrase "No strings", nowhere did I claim that England was part of the EU... and the EU model is what Ron Paul seems to think is a good idea : I loose collection of individual states with a weak central authority that all share a common currency. That's exactly what Ron paul advocates.

So, to be honest, you seem to not only be having a conversation with someone else, but you also misrepresent what Ron Paul has advocated.

The EU shares a fiat currency among it's member states..(currently the USA does too).

Ron Paul isn't advocating fiat money... he's advocating sound money. Hard money. Money that forces the banks from over leveraging their deposits to loans thus endangering the savings of it's INDIVIDUAL clients. It's the sole reason we're in this global mess today.

We're being ripped off daily. The largest bank heist in history continues and it's the banks doing the robbing. The Central banks, directed by GOV executives, are pumping trillions of taxpayer's money into a broken system. A broken system that was not created by the majority but by very few who continue to leach at it and call themselves as doing "God's work".

• Like 1

The EU shares a fiat currency among it's member states..(currently the USA does too).

Ron Paul isn't advocating fiat money... he's advocating sound money. Hard money. Money that forces the banks from over leveraging their deposits to loans thus endangering the savings of it's INDIVIDUAL clients. It's the sole reason we're in this global mess today.

We're being ripped off daily. The largest bank heist in history continues and it's the banks doing the robbing. The Central banks, directed by GOV executives, are pumping trillions of taxpayer's money into a broken system. A broken system that was not created by the majority but by very few who continue to leach at it and call themselves as doing "God's work".

The more fiat money they print, the more the value of the money already in circulation becomes diluted. Inflation used to mean (and still should mean) the inflation of the money supply. The new money circulating in the system has to search for something to do with itself and prices will always rise just to chase after all that new money eventually. People don't even notice or care about this issue because the number of dollars they have in their bank account doesn't change, and the rip-off goes by right under our noses and we don't even knows it. The formula for the CPI is repeatedly bastardized as many times as is necessary to make us all think that inflation is under control and we believe that too. I don't know how people can honestly live their lives and not seem to notice the rampant inflation in every subsidized industry: food, energy, education, health care.

Government's Frankenstein bank has utterly failed us in its stated reason for existing and yet the racquet continues ad infinitum. I like how you paraphrased Celente: It's the greatest bank robbery in the history of the world, and this time it's the banks who are doing the robbing.

• Like 1

Ron Paul is advocating a country where the states have more power than the federal govt (Quite EU like). That was my point, regardless of the direction Yamato wanted to babble in.

Ron Paul is advocating a country where the states have more power than the federal govt (Quite EU like). That was my point, regardless of the direction Yamato wanted to babble in.

I acknowledge your point but it's misleading at best. It's correct to say that Paul advocates the end of the EU, and even much further than that; because even before the EU Europe still had fiat currencies. He advocates for competing currencies (if the US dollar took the lead in tying itself to gold, we would continue to be the reserve currency of the world for good, and the currency against which all others are measured) and that is going in the polar opposite direction that you were. He advocates for the end of centralized banking; the end of central planning bureaucracy. I suppose it might sound like babbling if you don't understand the relevance of this to what you keep insisting. I can acknowledge your point; you can't seem to acknowledge mine.

If Ron Paul was a legislator in Europe he'd take Nigel Farage's job as the biggest voice there is against the EU. I suspect Paul would be more vocal in his opposition of the EU than he is of the Fed, because the EU doesn't have the track record that we do to back its fiat up.

If you're interested in learning more about how the powers of the federal government are enumerated and thus constrained, grab a copy of the Constitution and read it. It's the easiest law there is to read and understand. Mine easily fits in my pocket. ;)

If centralization is so good and Ron Paul is so bad, then why not advocate for the New World Order? Get your George Herbert Walker Bush cap out, and start marching. One centralized world government operating one centralized currency! What could possibly go wrong? :w00t:

I acknowledge your point but it's misleading at best. It's correct to say that Paul advocates the end of the EU, and even much further than that; because even before the EU Europe still had fiat currencies. He advocates for competing currencies (if the US dollar took the lead in tying itself to gold, we would continue to be the reserve currency of the world for good, and the currency against which all others are measured) and that is going in the polar opposite direction that you were. He advocates for the end of centralized banking; the end of central planning bureaucracy. I suppose it might sound like babbling if you don't understand the relevance of this to what you keep insisting. I can acknowledge your point; you can't seem to acknowledge mine.

If Ron Paul was a legislator in Europe he'd take Nigel Farage's job as the biggest voice there is against the EU. I suspect Paul would be more vocal in his opposition of the EU than he is of the Fed, because the EU doesn't have the track record that we do to back its fiat up.

If you're interested in learning more about how the powers of the federal government are enumerated and thus constrained, grab a copy of the Constitution and read it. It's the easiest law there is to read and understand. Mine easily fits in my pocket. ;)

If centralization is so good and Ron Paul is so bad, then why not advocate for the New World Order? Get your George Herbert Walker Bush cap out, and start marching. One centralized world government operating one centralized currency! What could possibly go wrong? :w00t:

And you are still babbling about something that is not being discussed. When you feel like actually discussing the point I am trying to make rather than about flat currencies and shared currencies and unicorns flying in the sky, let me know. Until then, you are still babbling in a direction that nobody was going.

And you are still babbling about something that is not being discussed. When you feel like actually discussing the point I am trying to make rather than about flat currencies and shared currencies and unicorns flying in the sky, let me know. Until then, you are still babbling in a direction that nobody was going.

Ron Paul opposes the EU for the reasons I am telling you above, countering your arrogant and doggedly stubborn error that you can't let go of.

Ron Paul opposes the EU for the reasons I am telling you above, countering your arrogant and doggedly stubborn error that you can't let go of.

Blah blah blah "I'm not going to adress what you said I am going to babble about Paul's stance on the EU"... blah blah blah...

You really refuse to even consider admitting that the basic argument I made - that Ron Paul prefers a loose confederation of competing states with a weak federal govt and that is a bad idea - don't you? Well, then, go wander off into a babble fest of copy and pasted blather - I'm sure that will be your response to this post as well just as it has been to the other posts.

Blah blah blah "I'm not going to adress what you said I am going to babble about Paul's stance on the EU"... blah blah blah...

You really refuse to even consider admitting that the basic argument I made - that Ron Paul prefers a loose confederation of competing states with a weak federal govt and that is a bad idea - don't you? Well, then, go wander off into a babble fest of copy and pasted blather - I'm sure that will be your response to this post as well just as it has been to the other posts.

Ron Paul prefers competing currencies and competing states. Not centralized currencies (Euro) and centralized states (EU) that you say he does. You have to understand history in order to understand your errors if you can't understand me. Europe wasn't centralized at all before the EU, obviously if you believe your own basic argument you could concede that the EU goes against Ron Paul's preference therefore.

Ron Paul prefers competing currencies and competing states. Not centralized currencies (Euro) and centralized states (EU) that you say he does. You have to understand history in order to understand your errors if you can't understand me. Europe wasn't centralized at all before the EU, obviously if you believe your own basic argument you could concede that the EU goes against Ron Paul's preference therefore.

The final season of Damages has had its moments, and in particular, its exploration of the relationship between Patty and Ellen has been as good or better this season than it has ever been before. And yet there’s something that feels not quite right about the season, especially now, as it reaches the penultimate episode of the series. That isn’t to say I didn’t enjoy “I Like Your Chair.” I enjoyed quite a bit of it. But there is something weirdly inert about the pacing of this season. I’m excited for the finale, but “I Like Your Chair” didn’t leave me nearly as excited for the final episode as I expected to be.

This primarily has to do with the nature of the McClaren case, which I was skeptical about at first, then quite intrigued by, before returning to indifference once it was established that Patty and Ellen were more interested in the outcome than anybody else was. Since Rachel Walling and Channing McClaren had their sit down, hashed everything out and agreed to settle the whole damn thing for the sake of their sanity, the stakes have felt incredibly low. I’d imagine that for some people, the reveal that Helmut Torben is in bed with both Bennett Herreshoff and Rutger Simon gave the story some juice, but I can’t say that I care that much, honestly. I went into this episode curious as to why Torben would donate to McClaren’s site while providing stock tips for Fund 23, but was I especially curious? No, not really.

At this point in the game, I’m much more interested in what becomes of Ellen and how her relationship with Patty is resolved. I can’t blame Daniel Zelman and the Brothers Kessler for holding their powder until the season finale, but at the same time, my interest in “I Like Your Chair” peaked during the moments that concerned Patty and or Ellen outside of the case. Anything directly involved with McClaren made me a bit drowsy.

That said, the episode did finally shade in the bits of the story we’d been missing. In Rome, when Naomi first met with McClaren to tip him off to the insider trading at Princefield, Rutger stumbled onto Naomi and McClaren's sexual indiscretion and tore into McClaren about how he was endangering the organization. As is always the case with Damages, the most earth-shaking scandals are boiled down to small, pitiful moments of humans behaving humanly. Rutger, the former serious journalist who struck out on his own to try to reinvent muckraking, found a handsome face to brand the site, but McClaren became the superstar and Rutger the resentful second-in-command. To add insult to injury, McClaren can’t get out of bed without climbing over some lithe blonde, while Rutger is seemingly married to the job. Even Martin Short’s Ray Winstone got laid a few times in season three, but Rutger seems to have a borderline monastic devotion to McClaren Truth. He becomes so fed up with the situation, he approaches Herreshoff and tells him about the forthcoming leak, exchanging enough of a lead time for Herreshoff to insulate himself for funding to run the site on his own once McClaren is disgraced by the exposure of Naomi’s identity.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/i-like-your-chair,84362/?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds&utm_source=type_tv-club

Too bad you refused to actually address my points and simply want to babble about the structure of the EU... But from this point on responses to my posts by you will simply be met with off topic quotes.

With a liberal like you on board to bump my thread to no end, I'm sure I can help everyone here get their money back from Ron Paul! :tu:

With a liberal like you on board to bump my thread to no end, I'm sure I can help everyone here get their money back from Ron Paul! :tu:

Oh, that's nice - now, rather than actually addressing the point I made (That, perhaps, a country made up of independent and competing states with a weak federal govt is not the best way to unite the USA) you will resort to the chestnut of "Liberal vs Conservative" stuff.

Such brainpower on display in your babble fests!

Oh, that's nice - now, rather than actually addressing the point I made (That, perhaps, a country made up of independent and competing states with a weak federal govt is not the best way to unite the USA) you will resort to the chestnut of "Liberal vs Conservative" stuff.

Such brainpower on display in your babble fests!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Blah blah blah... You still cannot actually respond to the basic fallacies in the mentally defective brain called "Ron Paul" so you are now just trying to have the last word.

Basically, you are pretty much just a loony Ron paul zombie that can't address the actual things posted.

Edited by Wookietim