Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Witness Urinates On Self

topsecretresearch

Entirely possible Quaentum. That would make perfect sense actually. :tu:

I was waiting for someone to come up with that, although I noticed you did not. LOL

By moon dog, they mean something that looks like this:

agust-gudmundsson1_strip.jpg

moon-dog-1.jpg

2902311637_398bf2db21.jpg

According to this definition:

"Moon dogs are the paler version of sun dogs: bursts of light often in reds and blues that appear on both sides of the moon. Both phenomena are the work of almost invisible clouds that reside in the atmosphere where commercial airliners cruise, at about 30,000 feet. The clouds are composed largely of ice crystals, known as diamond dust. The official name for a moon dog is a paraselene if seen at 22 degrees. If the image is at 90, 120 or 140 degrees then it's known as a parantiselene."

Whether the conditions were right that morning for this relatively rare event or if that is actually what was in the picture/video remains to be determined, but they can only occur when the moon is full and bright--or nearly so.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=13&ved=0CGwQFjAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fhome.hiwaay.net%2F~krcool%2FAstro%2Fmoon%2Fmoonring%2F&ei=O3FHUI3VBcSZ2QXeg4CYCg&usg=AFQjCNGzmk-xECraeDL5qSWWa68YPf4CtA&sig2=n6LA-isM3oU3iQzkhGCOQw

I was waiting for someone to come up with that, although I noticed you did not. LOL

By moon dog, they mean something that looks like this:

agust-gudmundsson1_strip.jpg

moon-dog-1.jpg

2902311637_398bf2db21.jpg

Wow. You'd have to be awfully stupid to think those were 'UFO's'.

Here's a moondog that could be confused for a UFO by someone who just woke up.

20070623MoonDogPanoramab.jpg

Edited by Quaentum

Personally, I don't think it looks scary enough to cause me to wet myself, although I have heard of dogs barking at the moon. For that matter, I've also heard of dogs barking at UFOs. They don't seem to like them very much.

I think it's pretty obvious that I didn't come up with it, and it's also pretty obvious that I never claimed to have come up with it.

But apparently you thought of the possibility and just didn't mention it? :rolleyes:

I'm also not afraid of congratulating Quaentum on his good thinking, and giving him credit for the possible explanation.

I'm also not afraid of congratulating Quaentum on his good thinking, and giving him credit for the possible explanation.

You do that very well.

Here's a moondog that could be confused for a UFO by someone who just woke up.

Maybe someone should contact him and ask him to explain where the moon was when he saw it the first time and why he didn't see it the second time. If the moon moved behind some clouds (on a clear morning?) then would there still be a moon dog?

Just where did he see the moon in the sky and where was his UFO? Was it moving? How fast? What direction?

These are the details were do not have with this story.

How bright are we usually when we are woken up from our sleep at 4 AM?? And what would the average person/layman think if he saw these 'moondogs' up on the horizon, for the first time in his life?

I think I would be quite amazed, even if I had drank only coffee for a week, lol.

Lunar-Halos.jpg

http://www.photon-echoes.com/halos.htm

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Maybe someone should contact him and ask him to explain where the moon was when he saw it the first time and why he didn't see it the second time. If the moon moved behind some clouds (on a clear morning?) then would there still be a moon dog?

Just where did he see the moon in the sky and where was his UFO? Was it moving? How fast? What direction?

I do not believe that having clear skies necessarily means cloudless though I have yet to find specifics in searching.

wow so much importance tacked onto something that doesn't matter a whit.

it's possible the guy was lying or stupid or just plain wrong. those three possibilities far outweigh the possibility that he actually saw a ufo.

what i've seen regarding this 'sighting' is not p***yourpants worthy by anyone's standards.

Edited by JGirl

I showed where he lived, photos and all.

If you or anyone else has a FaceBook account, you can ask him (see one of my former posts of today).

But what 'bothers' me a bit is that the article in the OP is the only article you can find about the event or whatever it was.

I have this nagging feeling they did contact him again, and after they talked with him decided it would be better to just let this 'report' die a peaceful death.

How bright are we usually when we are woken up from our sleep at 4 AM?? And what would the average person/layman think if he saw these 'moondogs' up on the horizon, for

Does that mean stupid people? Who's not an average person? Selena Gomez?

Does that mean stupid people? Who's not an average person? Selena Gomez?

If you are out to feel insulted about nothing, please do.

If you are, however, able to read, you'd know that I said that I myself would be pretty amazed viewing a spectacle like that, at 4 AM in the morning after just having woken up from my sleep.

If you are, however, able to read, you'd know that I said that I myself would be pretty amazed viewing a spectacle like that, at 4 AM in the morning after just having woken up from my sleep.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be insulted by.

Yes, nature is amazing. You should check out the northern lights sometime.

Edited by Sweetpumper

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be insulted by.

Yes, nature is amazing. You should check out the northern lights sometime.

So this is one of your normal responses:

"Does that mean stupid people? Who's not an average person? Selena Gomez"

Seems a bit over the top to me.

Not many people have ever seen 'moondogs', and that was all I was saying. Combine that with the time of day. and having woken up a minute before, and you get the picture.

I've never seen one so I don't know, but from the pictures it looks like just about anyone could see that it was a reflection from the moon.

As for our "experiencer" we really have no way of knowing if he's an idiot or the greatest genius who ever lived in Jonesboro. Arkansas.

I knew a guy from Arkansas in the Army who used to pay me to write letters to his girlfriend. He wasn't stupid but he just never learned to read or write properly. He could certainly knock down just about any target with a rifle, though, and I knew immediately that he was someone very reliable who you'd want on your side if it ever came to a real fight, even if he hadn't had much education.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

I've never seen one so I don't know, but from the pictures it looks like just about anyone could see that it was a reflection from the moon.

Yeah, you are sleeping, your dogs wake you up, you still feel somewhat drowsy, you walk outside, and watch this at the horizon :

011705-4w.JPG

Or this:

Lunar-Halos.jpg

... and you yawn, "Ah, just a reflection of the moon", and go back to bed or something.

Edited by Abramelin

Yeah, you are sleeping, your dogs wake you up, you still feel somewhat drowsy, you walk outside, and watch this at the horizon :

Or this:

... and you yawn, "Ah, just a reflection of the moon", and go back to bed or something.

I would say that you all a very quickly adopting this suggestion or possible "explanation", but still based on the same limited information as yesterday. It sounds plausible, and maybe it is plausible, but that doesn't make it a fact.

Edited by TheMacGuffin
  • Like 1

I would say that you all a very quickly adopting this suggestion or possible "explanation", but still based on the same limited information as yesterday. It sounds plausible, and maybe it is plausible, but that doesn't make it a fact.

You suggested you would know it's a moon's reflection.

I am not saying this is what the guy saw, but if this is what he saw, then it's understandable he would have thought he'd seen UFOs.

Maybe you are a qualified astronomer, or at least a very enthousiastic amateur astronomer, and so you'd know within a sec what your were looking at.

But that is not true for most people; moondogs don't show up every night and everywhere.

Combine the image with a few clouds in the dark early morning sky and the moondog phenomenon could look even nore like a UFO.

==

Unless we can watch the video with our own eyes, all we can do is speculate what Kibby might have seen.

I have severe doubts we will ever find out more about this thing, unless someone contacts Kibby.

I do not expect much of it, however.

You suggested you would know it's a moon's reflection.

I am not saying this is what the guy saw, but if this is what he saw, then it's understandable he would have thought he'd seen UFOs.

Maybe you are a qualified astronomer, or at least a very enthousiastic amateur astronomer, and so you'd know within a sec what your were looking at.

But that is not true for most people; moondogs don't show up every night and everywhere.

Combine the image with a few clouds in the dark early morning sky and the moondog phenomenon could look even nore like a UFO.

==

Unless we can watch the video with our own eyes, all we can do is speculate what Kibby might have seen.

I have severe doubts we will ever find out more about this thing, unless someone contacts Kibby.

I do not expect much of it, however.

Let it go, otherwise powers of 'in the know' will crush you...

Where is our Big D? Conflict resolver? BBQ unites!

I'm surprised that no one has yet suggested it was Venus. Did anyone check that?

Venusdogs?

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 2

One website I looked at stated that Venus would only have been visible in the evening at that particular time, but maybe some of our "scientific skeptics" know more about these things than me and already would have checked this.

Venus had indeed been responsible for many UFO reports, and this is the type of thing real investigators always rule out in any UFO case like this.

2009-10-03-the-morning-star-paradox.jpg

Edited by TheMacGuffin