Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

psychokinesis!

len_dog1092

People claim to have abilities such as telekinesis, and so on. I am not skeptic and would like to think it is possible but the lack of evidence makes it hard to commit to learn. Can anybody enlighten me as to why nobody has stepped up to the challenges of proving this feat when people like james randi are offering money for proof?

People claim to have abilities such as telekinesis, and so on. I am not skeptic and would like to think it is possible but the lack of evidence makes it hard to commit to learn. Can anybody enlighten me as to why nobody has stepped up to the challenges of proving this feat when people like james randi are offering money for proof?

only works when nobodies looking, simples

• Like 2

The mind is capable of many great things, though getting lost in imaginary ideas seems to be it's greatest power.

Stick around for awhile and you will see just how much power imagination truely has. ;)

Edited by Jeffertonturner
  • Like 1

I suppose I could pretend to be open-minded and say something like "Well..it's possible" and all that and I suppose it could be true but so far I have NEVER seen one shred of evidence to support the existence of telekinesis.

There are so many factors that can affect any supposed test that it would be very hard to determine its authenticity.

It Exists .. But People Who Manage To Do It Are Well Hidden In Some Remote Monasteries Is My Guess .. They Certainly Don't Hang Around In Forums Trying To Convince Everybody They Are Capable Of Doing It ..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i belive that before something like 1000 years the imagination of the people at that time,was so good that they actually do stuff with their own mind like telekinesis but with power which is unbeliveable,but why is that power gone?i belive with my teory that this was one of the senses of the humankind which been lost,beacuse of the tecnological age in our life,theres amother possiblitty,that after people created this power,there were chaos in the world and there was an agreement beetween all the world,which says they never going to use this powers again actulay it could happen.sorry for my bad english is not the best but for my country is good.good bye(shalom)

I dont have any telekentic ability but i do have a range of other abilities . Why should i need to prove them to anyone? I use them to help peolpe around me and to keep me safe. The peole i live and work with know i have them and will ask for my help if i can give it. I dont need to demonstrate any abilty to prove its existence.

The first time i did so as a young teenager i got into a lot of trouble. Many other times as a young person i drove people away physically afraid of being near/ with me. And who needs money when you can find all you need, or earn it legitimately. I suspect jus t based on my own experiences that being truly psychic is in part a trade off for a bigger picture of who and what you are. To be truly psychic one cant think of it in terms of using it for power or profi.t Mine work to protect me and to help others in need but not just on demand.

Personally i am not at all interested in seeking publicity or notoriety and i dont need any more money than i have now. I already give away a lot of what i earn. Its a lot like true spiritual experiences.They work because they are singular They exist between one individual mind and a greater cosmic consciousness or god. Nonetheless they are real, physical, and verifiable by witnesses and evidences.

Ps if you consider poltereists as a form of telekinesis then this is the most accepted proven and common form of paranormal activity. Most people know someone who has witmnessed a form of poltergeist TK.

My neice, her teenage son and daughter, were moving house from a house which had been badly affected by poltergeists. They shifted a sofa and all saw a shot glass suspended in mid air behind the sofa.It stayed unsupported in the air for long enough for my neice to call other wirtnesses into the room and observe it, then it fell to the ground in front of half a dozen observers

Edited by Mr Walker

• 1 month later...

There are two types of psychokinesis: macro-psychokinesis and micro-psychokinesis.

Macro-psychokinesis is the ability to move or levitate an object using nothing but the power of the mind. You can generally think of it as those superheroes like Magneto from X-men. Micro-psychokinesis, on the other hand, is the ability to affect a random system's outcome like a coin, dice, etc in favor of the telekinetic's will.

While macro-pk is quite controversial, there is supposed evidence from the lab that supports micro-pk. However, if there is such thing as micro-pk, it is hardly ever significant since its effect-size is extremely tiny, meaning that it might take more than 10,000 or even 100,000 trials to detect the effect via scientific methodology.

Edited by Zabarov

Easy, and well observed, think about it like this;

If you proved to the world that you could do it..... then you would never be left alone and could also endanger the persons life.

the reason nobody has sought out the cash rewards either is for the same reason.

examples: People go kill to protect the "validity" of their religion. 2. well you see what happens to regular celebrities, imagine yourself dealing with that times about 152 times over

• Like 1

Actually the reason it isn't widely known to be real is not because people don't show it off, it's because the media won't accept it until the scientific community can either 'fit' it into their current model of physics, or make an entirely new model of physics based on what doesn't 'fit'. To do this, they would need more advanced instruments to measure whatever it is that causes PK. Scientists don't have a clue what causes it, but they have observed that PK and ESP seem to occur independent of space and time.This is the part where I get into the space-time vacuum, and zero-point energy, and how PK and ESP do not break any laws of physics. However, I feel it would be time well wasted to go into that, when you can just Google it.

• Like 1