Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Short conversation with owner of Dibbuk box

None of the above

As some of you will remember. Having seen that this new movie was allegedly based on a true story, I attempted to see what I could discover.

Original thread: http://www.unexplain...howtopic=232822

Anyway, I recieved another email from the current owner of the now famous 'Dibbuk box' that the movie is based on so I thought I'd give you peeps an update.

The owner of the box has asked that people now respect his privacy, but has given me permission to share the information that he has provided. So bearing that in mind, please take it for what it is and make your own minds up, but I would ask that you don't contact the box's owner as he clearly is getting a lot of massages and is trying to move on from what seems to have been (for whatever reason) a difficult time in his life.

Messages are slightly shortened, my and his name removed etc:

(my message)

Sorry to bother you. I guess you are getting a lot of messages about the box that you bought back in 2004, Item number: 3701347648.

IMDB (internet movie database) forums has a claim that your box was the basis for the new film 'The Possession'.

I wondered if you could possibly confirm that this is the case?

were you involved in or contacted by the moviemakers?

And of course the burning question, did you personally have any unusual experiences after buying the box?

I hope you don't mind me asking, it's a great story and I guess a lot of people are curious.

Thanks for your time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

(reply recieved)

The Dibbuk Box artifact is going to be a LIONSGATE movie called The Possession and comes out next Friday.

It is in an acacia ark surrounded in gold - and has been pretty calm for the last 4 years.

Go to the website and you can see it - press click button - lower right corner of homepage - dibbuk box website.

Link: www.dibukbox.com

Best regards,

Here are some details for your research on the topic:

Dibbuk Box Website: www.dibbukbox.com

Book produced by the Truman University Press: http://tsup.truman.e....asp?itemId=453

The Possession movie trailer: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0431021/

Truman student Jeff Denight article: http://blogs.truman....ting-his-story/

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I thanked him for his time in replying and sent my best wishes

---------------------------------------------------------------------

(reply recieved)

Hello *************,

First off - thank you for your kind note and concern. The last time I had such an outpouring of help was when I first purchased the Dibbuk Box and all went down hill pretty fast. To keep up with the emails - I put up the website to answer questions. Link: www.dibbukbox.com

The support I received in 2004 was both appreciated and had an effect on my choices with this artifact.

Now due to the Possession movie, SyFy Paranormal Witness show and some publications - a new out-pouring has occurred and although I prefer one-to-one personal notes it will impossible due to the volume filling my email box. Many of you are asking the same questions: Do I still have it, where is it, asking to buy the box or offering help to dispose of the box. Thank you again for your interest and concern

Yes, I have the Dibbuk Box.

I have not had any problems with the box since it has been placed in a 24KT gold-lined - Acacia wood ark. That was 5-years ago.

No the box is not available for viewing.

And, where is it? I recently buried the box away and am done with it. It is gone to the earth where its energy can and will be pulled from it. This is a common method of the Jewish faith for all powerful - spiritual things - torahs, books on God and amulets. So it is gone. Only a replica used for video-taping exists to show. That's it.

Please respect my privacy and that of my family. I have done everything asked of the public since getting this artifact. It has been studied - video-taped and probed - (viewed by scientist, mediums,rabbis and a host of others) -- now it is done. I have not tried to hide anything but now I am done.

I just had a physical assessment and I am very healthy and well - my current tests measured against my last assessment test 9-years ago - my health scores are actually better in every category than I was a few months before I received the box in 2004 (now that is pretty odd - but a very good t (message ends here, not me clipping it, some error in sending I guess)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I replied)

Hi again ********.

Thanks for the extra information. I do appreciate it as I can imagine how many questions you must recieve.

I'm glad to hear that you are well and things are better now.

Unless you object, I will share some of this information and links, but I will of course respect your privacy and not ask any more questions of you.

I'll just finish by thanking you again for taking the time to help me understand this unique experience that you have endured and to wish you every success in the future.

My very best wishes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(reply recieved)

Hi **********,

You have my permission to share the information that I provided to you!

Best regards,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Atlantia
  • Like 2

Interesting, I have yet to see the movie...hope its a good one!.

thanks for sharing :)

Burying it, as I beleive was done, was the cure for sure. One more tasty snack for the earth. Paranormal Witness tv show did this box and I could tell it was needing the earth, or a volcano. Ugly box too. In the future (when people are generally more intelligent) things such as this box will be a trifle to deal with, like a gnat.

Edited by devilmaycare

• 2 weeks later...

The movie was ok .Creepy . Sensationalized of course .

I found the other movie based on the box,which is a few years old now .

It focuses on the college students that had it .

It's called "Kill Kate Malone".

Wasn't marketed well .

Atlantia,

Thank you for doing the research.

I saw the Paranormal Witness episode on SyFy that dealt with the Dibbuk Box.

The ending of the show had a professor as the last owner. Is that who you were corresponding with or has the box changed hands again?

Also, thank you for posting the links. Unfortunately, I can't get to them from work. I'll take a look this evening from home.

Ron

Wow it seems he really believes in its Power. If he is willing to seal it away like that and not tell anyone the wereabouts

He really believes in the publicity and getting paid for interviews and books more like, IMO.

• Like 2

Last week on that new tv show about paranormal they did a story on this box and the guy put the box somewhere ..is the story true maybe

It's true as in there was a box. That's about it.

• Like 3

Hey, you might want to check out the website for the San Antonio Express News today.The man who bought it off ebay has an interview in the paper at the bottom of page one. His name is Jason Haxton,and he wrote a book about it. Got to send the article to my sister, as this guy's mother was Jessica's high school art teacher, Rhea Haxton. Boy talk about a small world.I think their website is www.mysa.com.

Hey,also on the front page of the paper is a photo of the box.

• 2 weeks later...

i was checking the same story on paranormal witness from scifi channel..that was scary..i was checking a very serious seller on ebay who is selling a vintage star of david.sorry my english but i'm italian and now i live in U.S.A. i bought some antiques from him before and everything was great..but last month he was telling me about his star of david..is NOT a cursed object the opposite he's got good luck from it but he had visions of a mostly transparent old woman in his house since he bought the charm..he is a very serious seller and no bull**** i made bussiness with him before...his wife is really scare cause she is a religious jewish lady..but he told me that is nothing negative..just the opposite..

he listed like a Vintage Mysterious Star of David Charm Silver (Possibly Haunted?) cause he does not want to involve his great reputation with bull**** stories..i will wait until the last day of the listing and bid myself..

what a great forum here..good to meet you guys

Giorgio

Edited by Tiggs
Link to Ebay removed
  • Like 1

Alright .. That's The First Time I've Ever Heard About The Story, The Box And The Movie (Seriously, Where Do I Live?? :rolleyes: )

So On Which Guy Was The Movie Based? The Guy Who Originally Bought It Off The Old Woman's Family, Or The Guy Who Bought It On eBay??

Did The Guy That Bought It On eBay Had Any Weird Experiences Like The Guy Who Wrote The Story On www.dibbukbox.com? Is That Why He Buried It?

Sorry I Might Be A Bit Confused About Who Bought/Sold The Item And Who Wrote The Story .. Also, Which Guy Was The Book Based On??

• Like 1

The gentleman who is selling the Vintage Mysterious Star of David Charm Silver (Possibly Haunted?) on EBAY!!

took the time to explain me about the star of David..is real silver and even told me where he bought it..he sent me some pictures from his house that i can see very BIG ORBS..really shinny ones and strong ones..he took it close to his house stairs,,he told me that his house was out of this entity before the star of David..but he is not afraid..he's getting a lot of good business but his wife is not really happy. she is very religious..i gonna wait until the last day...and bid myself..i trust the man..i bought some things before and he is a senior guy..very serious

about the Dibbuk box look to me that is on the way to be like the amytiville horror..all Hollywood legend

PS/my apologizes cause my English..i was born in Europe but now i live in America

• Like 1

I seen the ebay bid is this the guy who brought the dibbuk box in 04? and it seems a bit bs from the previous owner that I have to buy a book for the rest of the story?

Edited by Ronseal
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

This is a very interesting item to say the least. I have seen such actions many times before whereas one purchases an item that is said to be haunted. As we know in many such cases sellers are merely spinning a tale to inflate the items final value. A word of caution to all though, this is not accurate in every case. Though very seldom, once in ahwile claims to such items are true. I would strongly suggest to all that you heed warning in all such cases be they real or merely a tale of fiction.

Items such as this Dibbuk box as well as Ouija's and the host of other paranormal have their place in our world. These items also have hands to wich they are safe and to hands which they are not. All to often those with no experience find their way to these types of items and this never turn out good. When one reaches into the unknown it will very well reach back to create a link to our time and place. To prevent this, such items require very specific before hand preparation to assure your safety as well as those around you. To serve this purpose we all have guardians as well as guides in the beyond. Believe me when I say that you will need them if your to delve safely into these types of objects. This is not to say that these guardians and guides will be able to afford the protection you seek in every instance however they will advise you to let well enough alone if they cannot protect you.

In closing I ask all who are are unaware of call up the proper protection that you leave well enough alone until such a time that you are capable of doing so. All to often the inexperienced view items such as this box , Ouijas and other haunted items as toys that are neat perhaps even cool and in doing they they may just underestimate the outcomes. I am of course not referring to the Parker Brother Ouijas or boards made by the novelty makers but instead , boards known to have been properly cured and prepared. The same holds true for everyday items used in authentic ceremonies and rituals. All such items hold a power from the other side and unless you have protection from that other side it is best to leave well enough alone because attaining that you seek may not always be a good thing.

In closing : They who walk in the shaows walk with the wisdom of a dual soul. In them part walks in the light the other part darkness purpose being to balance that which is , that which was and all yet to come. Please enjoy your journeys through these things but when doing so please do so with great care.

Edited by Arrius

It's true as in there was a box. That's about it.

What a coincidence to have an eyewitness commenting here on UM. This happens amazingly often, and they always debunk each story so completely and with such detail. I know I'm satisfied that nothing actually happened now. Whew.

I watched the movie a few days ago. It had a few creepy moments but was mostly too over the top to be scary to me.

• 3 weeks later...

What a coincidence to have an eyewitness commenting here on UM. This happens amazingly often, and they always debunk each story so completely and with such detail. I know I'm satisfied that nothing actually happened now. Whew.

I watched the movie a few days ago. It had a few creepy moments but was mostly too over the top to be scary to me.

Thanks! :tu:

I'm really glad I stumbled onto this topic. I hadn't heard anything about the Dibbuk box before but this is really, really intriguing. I wonder if there's any truth behind the stories that the original owner had told before it had sold. This is insane.