Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Walking Dead Season 3

Simbi Laveau

I love this show!....it's actually my favourite show to watch, I'm quite picky when it comes to tv series not many I like out there and truth be told not too many good ones either. I don't watch reality tv shows and nowadays it seems like that's all there is.

Anyways Season 3 of The Walking Dead is going to be awsome! I can't wait till it comes out, I been waiting for what seem's forever hehe. I've also played The Walking Dead game on the PS3 it's pretty cool,nothing to do with the show but the graphics and game is pretty sweet looking. :)

• Like 1

I love how the show doesn't follow the comic 100%. Makes it worth watching!

• Like 1

*SNIP*

What has Simbi's looks have to do with the OP ?

Whether Simbi is good looking or not is not relevent to this post or any other

Back on topic...

I dont know about the series, I have not seen it :blush: but I do know the game is good

Edited by Lilly
removed rude quote
  • Like 1

Back on topic...

I dont know about the series, I have not seen it :blush: but I do know the game is good

yes computer games are great, especially for grown men

Edited by cenobite

Back on topic...

O_o

Sorry I missed that . Some people have issues I guess.

yes computer games are great, especially for grown men

Having a TIA cenobite ? Tut....so sad .

Can't wait for it to start..I am literally counting the days!!

Have any of you seen the Zombie Short Series, "Dead Set". I think that is the correct name. It is about a group of Big Brother House - contestants. And since they are cut off from the rest of the world, they are unaware that Zombies have taken over. Quite a shock for them when they exit the big brother house. Had a few good laughs with this.

• Like 1

Can't wait! The Walking Dead is a great show; I really enjoy it.

I enjoyed Dead Set as well. It's very British, if I might say, and funny. Including the ending!

• Like 1

yeterday i threw a stone at an old woman, i hit her square on the forehead!

Having a TIA cenobite ? Tut....so sad .

what does tia mean? is it something to do with computnerd games?

Guess you need to google it .

Hi Simbi Laveau,

Although off the topic, the film i'm really waiting for is about the Enfield Poltergeist, link below:-

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/279071/Return-to-the-house-of-fear

This was in Green Street, Enfield Highway, and i grew up in this area of the suburbs of London:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enfield_Highway

I was very lucky in 1977, as i was able to join the London Ghost Club, any can join now, but then it was more difficult:-

http://www.ghostclub.org.uk/

So i knew Maurice Grosse, and although i was a green investigating member back then, because i lived in the area, i did get limited access to this fascinating case, i was a witness to the 11 year olds strange gruff voice and did see objects move!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maurice_Grosse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XBdXHmtJfo&feature=related

I think i've always been weird, and until i was disabled i was a member of The College of Psychic Studies, however my membership of the Ghost Club expired years ago.

http://www.collegeofpsychicstudies.co.uk/

I'm always researching something even now. I remember you saying that you had read a book on hauntings of U.S. Presidents, i hope you like some research i did a few years ago about Lincoln's assassination, 2 pages change at bottom of link:-

http://www.mauricefernandez.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2094

The body doesn't work right now, but i keep my mind active ha ha! Warm Regards.

• Like 1

http://www.huffingto...ref=mostpopular

All new characters too.

Teasers . Premieres Oct 14

I don't know... I have started to lose faith in that show - this last season was so bumpy that I have to consider it a general failure. I mean, it had it's good points once it got going, but it felt like it was taking 6 episodes to tell 4 episodes worth of story on a consistent basis... So I am not quite as excited about season 3 as I was before season 2...

So it's too slow for you? Too many dialogues? Not enough zombie attacks?

I have to say I like how slowly the story is unfolding. Especially while they were hiding on the farm. It almost gave me cabin fever.

I dont really follow any series on television but this one.

Which AB ,nothing showing .

So it's too slow for you? Too many dialogues? Not enough zombie attacks?

I have to say I like how slowly the story is unfolding. Especially while they were hiding on the farm. It almost gave me cabin fever.

It's not that it is slow - I get that they were building characters and their motivations for much of season 2. It just seemed to me that the show was taking the long way around to do that is all - like I said, it seemed that at some points it would have 4 episodes worth of story stretched out over 6 or 7 episodes.

I don't mind slow storytelling if it is slow for a reason. What I start to mind is when a story is slow because it can't seem to think of anywhere to go... I don't like what feels like treading water in other words. Because, let's be entirely blunt here : The shows strength is not in it's dialog. This show is not at it's strongest when it is a bunch of people standing around and talking... I forget the episode, but I decided to play a "Spot the cliched dialog" game and came up with a count in the double digits.

Plus, there is an almost inexpressible something missing in much of this last season... The first season was really rocky and uneven, but it did seem to have a point of view to it that served as a unifying force behind it. This season felt like it was reaching for that same thing but just working too hard to get to it...

It's not that it is slow - I get that they were building characters and their motivations for much of season 2. It just seemed to me that the show was taking the long way around to do that is all - like I said, it seemed that at some points it would have 4 episodes worth of story stretched out over 6 or 7 episodes.

I don't mind slow storytelling if it is slow for a reason. What I start to mind is when a story is slow because it can't seem to think of anywhere to go... I don't like what feels like treading water in other words. Because, let's be entirely blunt here : The shows strength is not in it's dialog. This show is not at it's strongest when it is a bunch of people standing around and talking... I forget the episode, but I decided to play a "Spot the cliched dialog" game and came up with a count in the double digits.

Plus, there is an almost inexpressible something missing in much of this last season... The first season was really rocky and uneven, but it did seem to have a point of view to it that served as a unifying force behind it. This season felt like it was reaching for that same thing but just working too hard to get to it...

I think there were 2 reasons for this. One was that before the second season they fired Frank Darabont and I think he helped add that little bit of x factor to the first season. But the main thing that I think hindered the 2nd season was the budget. Amc owns the show so they could do whatever they wanted so They reduced the shows budget from 3.4 mil to 2.7 mil and then said oh btw we want 13 episodes not 6. They also decided to keep the 30 percent tax credit for amc and not allow the show to use it to make up the shortfall. All this to make the producers of Mad Men happy. Even with all that I still think that the Walking dead fielded a pretty decent season under the circumstances.

Hopefully AMC gets it's head out of its **** and gets back on the wagon cause I think The walking dead is one of the best series in quite sometime and it has the unique ability to bring in viewers that would not normally watch a "zombie" show. I know lots of people that would never think about watching anything with zombies in it that watch this show and love it. So I am excited for the 3rd season only 3 more weeks.

I think there were 2 reasons for this. One was that before the second season they fired Frank Darabont and I think he helped add that little bit of x factor to the first season. But the main thing that I think hindered the 2nd season was the budget. Amc owns the show so they could do whatever they wanted so They reduced the shows budget from 3.4 mil to 2.7 mil and then said oh btw we want 13 episodes not 6. They also decided to keep the 30 percent tax credit for amc and not allow the show to use it to make up the shortfall. All this to make the producers of Mad Men happy. Even with all that I still think that the Walking dead fielded a pretty decent season under the circumstances.

Hopefully AMC gets it's head out of its **** and gets back on the wagon cause I think The walking dead is one of the best series in quite sometime and it has the unique ability to bring in viewers that would not normally watch a "zombie" show. I know lots of people that would never think about watching anything with zombies in it that watch this show and love it. So I am excited for the 3rd season only 3 more weeks.

You probably hit the nail on the head, especially with the loss of Darabont. Darabont is a somewhat shaky director but overall he almost always has a good sense of how to use a camera in a story like this. The new people involved don't quite have that down yet.

I will say that they show, once it got going this season, seemed to be good. My only abjection was that it took so long to get going... But at the same time it was trying to really flesh out the characters (Which other shows might have been able to do in the first season, except this one was dealing with the dual pressure of a truncated first season and getting the hang of a longer second season). Perhaps season 3 will be more smooth in that respect.

It probably means you're not getting enough CELERY!

I have only watched season one so far. Waiting for season 2 on Netflix that way I don't have to sit through commercials and junk. I loved season one, one of the best series that I've seen in a while.

• Like 1