Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sinkhole

K_Bonita

Hey

I found this article about a sinkhole in Ottawa,ON Canada. It's not too far from where I live, I heard of it on the radio and also seen pictures. A man was driving down the road and drove his car right into the sinkhole,luckily he got out with no injuries but not so lucky for the car. Anyway people should be more cautious when driving or things could get bad.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...g-culverts.html

• Like 1

I love sinkholes. I've never seen one but they look like a 10yr-olds adventure dream come true. :) Being 48yrs though, I think I'd rather avoid having one "appear" underneath my house. Being rescued in my SpongeBob jammies would be more embarrassment than adventure.

• Like 1

I love sinkholes. I've never seen one but they look like a 10yr-olds adventure dream come true. :) Being 48yrs though, I think I'd rather avoid having one "appear" underneath my house. Being rescued in my SpongeBob jammies would be more embarrassment than adventure.

Hehe oh no that wouldn't be too much fun :lol: ...but seriously sinkholes freak me out, i'm pretty sure there's been some that go really deep down.

• Like 1

There are places where the ground is sinking because of the aquifiers getting low on water.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Sink holes are common in W Tn. When I was small my grandmother fell in one that went up to her waist. The guys liked to never got her out. It was in the orchard where we had played and been many times. Larger sink holes are occuring still around the Reelfoot Lake area. (Caused by an earthquake). Also can see sand blows. From the New Madrid earthquake zone. Theres a big one looming there again.

• Like 1