Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is in this picture?

Alliex

At first I thought it looked like a person about to dive into the water, even though the sea is a distance away from them.

And then I realised it may have been a seagull.

But then I thought it was probably just a ghost.

I love this post how after going through the possibilities you decide a ghost is the answer :tsu:

• Like 2

FqzBG.png

Its a baby Klingon Bird Of Prey.

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 2

Ok some people here are accusing Allie of the same things they do: thinking they know the absolute truth of this and like cases, but she is not believing any absolutes from her own written post she made, so you got a problem.

• Like 1

She said nobody was present on the beach so it's my guess that it's the Tatzelwurm or Mongolian Death worm springing out from underground. The sunset is really nice though.

• Like 3

If I'm looking at the correct part of the picture, I think that it is perhaps a bird.

FqzBG.png

Ayrshire has a HUGE variety of bird species. You can see lists of all bird species in

the area here: http://www.ayrshire-birding.org.uk/ If I were to guess at which bird

species it is, I would say a Crane or Spoonbill:

P2p9I.png

I can't be 100% certain, of course, but it's my best guess as to what we're seeing in the

photo. :)

Edit: Punctuation

Do you realize how hard it would be for multiple people to not spot a bird of that size walking by? I have a pelican that habitats my local swimming hole. He (or she) is quite hard to miss.

I personally don't find pictures of birds that fun :tu:

I do. I take them all the time. They never look like that deformed little thing. Do you take many pictures of birds?

Do you realize how hard it would be for multiple people to not spot a bird of that size walking by? I have a pelican that habitats my local swimming hole. He (or she) is quite hard to miss.

That is true. I live in a swampy area where cranes and similar birds are as abundant as pigeons in large cities. I suppose, considering how many I see every day, they sort of blend into the background at times. I was thinking that perhaps it might have been the case, but I was tugging at my own experiences with large birds. It was my best guess and by no means do I think I'm correct. Just throwing out possible ideas. :tu:

Looks like someone backflipping in front of the camera. I have a tendancy to do that when I see a camera loaded and ready. But if you say there was no one there, maybe a backflipping photojacking ghost, and he's ruining a perfectly good sunset picture! :yes:

• Like 1

I do. I take them all the time. They never look like that deformed little thing. Do you take many pictures of birds?

I don't know much about photography but to me it looks like a picture of a seagull taken from far away against the colour of the sand and no i don't take pictures of birds.

Can you tell me why i'm wrong? Thanks

Iknow it's not worth much but...

I know the beach. Early bells and late afternoon, gulls swoop to pick up the crap left by people etc. They also sit sunbathing now and again and will leap into flight when the mood takes them or just when you're taking a photo. They also ain't shy of people and will swoop and grab a sandwich from your hand. I've seen them swoop and I've also taken a snap of the horizon. It's a gull. Don't let it disturb yer sleep.

7820491552_f81002fbf8.jpg

I don't know much about photography but to me it looks like a picture of a seagull taken from far away against the colour of the sand and no i don't take pictures of birds.

Can you tell me why i'm wrong? Thanks

I'm not going to do that. You can think what you like.

Instead, here's a picture of a usual sized bird on the beach.

Either it's a bigass bird on the sand, or one flying at a really unnatural awkward way, tilted while flapping its wings (which I haven't seen before), or flapping or holding its wings at uneven levels (which is funny to picture, and also not what they do).

Just doesn't look right. I would guess glare from the Sun, before awkward flying bird, or superbird lounging on the sand.

It's just they keep their wings straight when they tilt their body like that, or they would lose balance. A slight bend makes all the difference. And that blob in the picture has more than slight bend. The left wing is facing horizontally and the other is facing down.

Your right picture was more forgiving in the tilts, and your left one straightened it even more.

Aye.. but this beach is in Scotland. If you're not fast; you're for the broth-pot!

The local birds all know this. :)

Edited by Eldorado

It's a bird

It's a plane...

Maybe thats the reason why it went un noticed?

Its a every day occurance on the beach to see a sea gull, that you become blind to it, I dont walk through manchester city center and go "oooh a pidgeon" every 4 seconds.

• Like 1

Maybe thats the reason why it went un noticed?

Its a every day occurance on the beach to see a sea gull, that you become blind to it, I dont walk through manchester city center and go "oooh a pidgeon" every 4 seconds.

No, a pelican, lol.

You're right, seagulls are easy to ignore.

But a bird that size that would be standing on the ground is pelican sized, not seagull.

Could be a bird?

A plane?

It's SUPER Pelican!!

220px-Pelikan_Walvis_Bay.jpg

Edited by _Only

Could be a bird, depending on what time of year. If it's in the summer I'd poke a guess at a tern :tu:

Depends on if it was windy, could be a poly bag, but the shap does look to me like a tern.

ArcticTernLC.jpg

Here's an arctic tern. Terns tend to nest in quite exposed places, like slap bang on the beach. If disturbed it'd rise up, and usually end up goign for you, but if you weren't hanging around in that spot then i guess it would settle down again without too much drama. Could even be a gull, or a grey plover; something like that :)

Grey_Plover_%28Pluvialis_squatarola%29_W_IMG_6950.jpg

OK so the colour might not quite be right, but having owned phones with very basic cameras (as a lot of us will have) they do tend to, especially in low light, produce blobs, often of one colour. At least mines always have :(

Of course, I meant no offence to the OP in my reply.

As for pelican's and tern's, I still believe its a run of the mill sea gull, low to the ground(obviously), in a turn.

They do it all the time.

What is misleading in the picture is the distance from the camera, height of the bird and height of the photographer.

If the picture was taken from the top of a sand bank, the bird flying past would look like its on the floor, yet in reality its 8 ft above it.

• Like 1

Aye they do that! :)

Startled gull, or any bird for that matter, can naturally have a slightly jerky, unnatural looking flight.

My experience with phone cameras is that they often yield quite misleading results :lol:

Well, can't argue with the opinion of a bird!