Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The ZOMBIES are coming!

sean6

Zombies are NOT possible. Stop hoping for one! Don't drag the rest of us down with you.

As far as being the living dead, I don't believe zombies are possible either, but that's beside the point. Did you read the post, or just the title of the thread?

I've heard comments about that website where they're called "dailyfail."

What exactly is your issue with the article itself? It doesn't present any false information. What it actually states is the fact that the U.S. Depeartment of Homeland Security and the CDC are using a "Zombie Pandemic" theme as means of encouraging Americans to prepare themselves for real life disasters that may (some can argue will) occurr.

It's a rather bizarre approach in my opinion.

Oh for pity's sake, how silly can things get? Don't bother to answer, obviously silly as hell. Worry about the real stuff that can kill you and leave the zombies to video games and TV shows.

Are you addressing that statement towards zombie fans / believers, or more towards the creators of the ad campaign?

Worry about the real stuff that can kill you and leave the zombies to video games and TV shows.

With that being the case, does it not seem rather bizarre that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the CDC are the ones running this ad campaign about a "Zombie Pandemic" as a means of attempting to get people to prepare themselves for the event of a real disaster / pandemic occurring?

(Unless of course this article is false and the ad campaign is not real. As best I can tell at the moment, though, that is not the case)

If anyone reads in between the line's then they probably would see that the government are preparing us all for an outbreak of some kind, possibly induced by themselve's or another country (chemical warfare, viruses etc)

I wish it doesn't occur, but it's all too real a possibility. It's not as if governments haven't done such things on smaller scales in the past.

It also ties into the whole "control the people with fear" tactic that has been in place for so long now; getting people to willingly han over their freedoms in belief that it's being done for their own safety.

• Like 1

For anyone that may be doubting if this ad campaign is legit:

Zombie Preparedness

Wonder why Zombies, Zombie Apocalypse, and Zombie Preparedness continue to live or walk dead on a CDC web site? As it turns out what first began as a tongue in cheek campaign to engage new audiences with preparedness messages has proven to be a very effective platform. We continue to reach and engage a wide variety of audiences on all hazards preparedness via Zombie Preparedness; and as our own director, Dr. Ali Khan, notes, "If you are generally well equipped to deal with a zombie apocalypse you will be prepared for a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake, or terrorist attack." So please log on, get a kit, make a plan, and be prepared!

Source: Center for Disease Control and Response (CDC.gov)

I suddenly got a craving for brains. :gun:

Ha ha ha ha ha this is so funny I nearly wet myself. :clap:

Y'all need to work on bladder control. :lol:

zombies are weak, are gov could take them all out in a matter of weeks (imo) but aliens, aliens are something else. something we cant plan for D: and we will get are asses kicked (if we dont get will smith to fight for us). so we should be thinking about alien attack scenarios and not zombie ones, zombies are only good in movies in real life they would last to long.

I watched this program on discovery about what steps would actually have to be taken in different stages of an alien invasion. And I think if something like that happened, every man would have to fight, even the celebrities, so will smith? Yep, I'd say he'd be fighting.

The one thing they don't even talk about is how to kill a zombie, nothing about guns or blades or ammo or trade goods after it iis over, their entire idea is to have three to seven days worth of supplies and to Hide and wait.

not exactly what i would talk about. zombies can hear and can smell in the movies if you hide they can find you but humans can't they should have survival experts and wilderness experts tell you how to prepair for a disaster and let the movies tell you how to prepair for the zombies

I think the military first made a plan for a zombie invasion, then the face eating dude and now FEMA GA a plan? Hmmmmm.... What do they know that we don't? Hmmmmmm..... ;)

lol how to kill a zombie.....use live bait (prefured some body other then your self) since their dead already no need to worry if its going to hurt or not eather cut ,shoot, smash, klobber, rip, decap..run their asses over with a dump truck or ect.. how ever you feel you must do it for your enjoyment ..key things to remember always wear safty gloves and a safty face sheild... zombie juice bad...

me my self i like to get creative reather with a hord of zombies or just a few staggering about budk.com has a wide range of tools to make it happen or if thats not your taste and want to go for the mess Guns International, Used Guns For Sale Online, Antique Guns, Collectible Firea just pick what fits .......

now if the aliens attack you know they are going to walk right through what ever defence we throw at them so it might be each to their own on this one but i would have several items there near by handy for sum reason the phrase "we be fked" just seens naturaly the andswer :alien::no::gun:

• Like 1

Sounds like fun, count me in~

As far as being the living dead, I don't believe zombies are possible either

A zombie isn't the "living dead". A zombie is a mindless version of something that usually isn't.

The living coming back to life, well novbody knows if that is posisble, but mindless humans is certianly not. Rabies proves that. However the virus mutating enough or another virus mutating enough to cause a zombie pandemic is very unlikely. Even if a vorus did mutate it would probbaly be controlled very quickly. Depending on how sever of course. If it was too sever it would be airborne and we would all be dead before we even realised anyway. lol

My understanding is,they are telling us to NOT get weapons,DO NOT be prepared,just run to a FEMA camp,and get catalogued ,vaccinated,and sleep with hundreds of strangers .

If you buy *any* items for self preservation,even nightscopes,it puts your name on a watchlist .

It was on PIX news this morning,before anyone says I made it up ,as I do not make anything up .

My understanding is,they are telling us to NOT get weapons,DO NOT be prepared,just run to a FEMA camp,and get catalogued ,vaccinated,and sleep with hundreds of strangers .

If you buy *any* items for self preservation,even nightscopes,it puts your name on a watchlist .

It was on PIX news this morning,before anyone says I made it up ,as I do not make anything up .

quote from OP article link and from the link at the end of this post :

To get ready for the living dead, they urge citizens to stock up on food, batteries and water, and to keep a spare change of clothes and medication on hand.

But anyway, THE REAL REASON this alert was spread around:

The ‘alert’ was a humorous way to give advice to citizens on how to prepare for such real threats as hurricanes, earthquakes, pandemics and terrorist attacks.

So they are advising to buy and stock up and be prepared, that was the whole point of this alert.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/zombie-alert-issued-homeland-security-article-1.1154245

If you want to see zombies all you have to do is stand outside the Reebok Stadium after a bad result.

Zombies are NOT possible. Stop hoping for one! Don't drag the rest of us down with you.

Oh, I don't know about that dear! You should see some of the people at my over 60's club these days. Walking corpses if ever I saw one.

Aside from that I'm sure I've read somewhere that a zombie style outbreak could actually occur as a result of extreme/mutated versions of rabies in humans. I will try to find the article. Oh yes, here it is dearies: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/10/1001027-rabies-influenza-zombie-virus-science/

Okay so the odds that a zombie apocolypse will happen are very slim, so even if there was one, everybody would know exactly what to do and if you really think about it, it wouldnt even be an apocolypse at all, it would just be a short crisis.

What is a Zombie?

Is a Zombie a human who arises from death and lives again?

As far as I know there was only one person who is said to have done that!

Guess Who!

And if you guessed right,

then you know that there is nothing to fear from Zombies.

:whistle: Define what a zombie is....a walking clusterfk infection dripping stuck on stupid mindless life blood sucking critter..

Well seems to me theres a pritty damn good example of what a fkn zombie is in the white house sucking the life out of america for the past 4 years so yeah zombies are real! as far as vampires well met a few vampiric ego life force sucking people as well so its a toss up which is worse ...all im saying is my bullets and machita are not racest by any means a zombie steps across my path you better count on this redneck not going down an out with out taken a few of them b******* with me :gun: :gun:

this is so funny.. this is the 2012 version of duck and cover.

let's say the government is the adult, the civilian is the child.

adult: "ok, now listen up billy, we're going to play a game called zombie attack, i want you and your mommy to run around the house getting all the batteries and food and water and take it down into the basement as fast as you can, ok, coz zombies are going to attack the house, but don't be scared billy, remember, we're just playing a game"

meanwhile, back in the real world, a tornado was heading their way.