Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canada cut ties with Iran

Erikl

Israeli PM thanks Canada for cutting ties with Iran

Harper talks tough on decision to oust diplomats, shutter embassy in Tehran

Posted: Sep 9, 2012 8:15 AM ET

Last Updated: Sep 9, 2012 8:35 AM ET

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has told CBC his country appreciates Canada's "forthright stand" against the Iranian government.

Its to do with Iran's stance on Syria and not Israel, as Iran is supplying weapons and blaming the west

Its to do with Iran's stance on Syria and not Israel, as Iran is supplying weapons and blaming the west

And the fact that it helps Israel in some small way is a negative from your point of view? The move was surprising to many people. The timing of the move even more so but Canada is free to act in the way it wishes and I also applaud them for taking a stand my own president is too selfish to.

Canada cut ties with Iran partly because of issues of secrurity. Remember Iranians did storm the British embassy last fall. Threats against Israel was part of it as Irans backing of Syria.

Here's the article I read about this.

Link

Edited by Hilander

And the fact that it helps Israel in some small way is a negative from your point of view? The move was surprising to many people. The timing of the move even more so but Canada is free to act in the way it wishes and I also applaud them for taking a stand my own president is too selfish to.

He didn't say it was negative at all.

He just stated the real reason.

Canada also does that because of Iran's continuing policy of calling for the destruction of Israel, and it's outright antisemitism.

"personae non gratae all remaining Iranian diplomats in Canada," Baird said in a statement.

"Canada’s position on the regime in Iran is well known. Canada views the Government of Iran as the most significant threat to global peace and security in the world today."

Baird's statement cited Iran's failure to comply with UN resolutions on its

According to CBC, the statement also makes reference to Iran's "blatant disregard of the Vienna Convention that guarantees the protection of diplomatic personnel."

Canada also does that because of Iran's continuing policy of calling for the destruction of Israel, and it's outright antisemitism.

No. It's to do with Iran's insistence on shipping weapons and personnel to the Syrian government and then saying the West is the cause of all the bombings, massacres etc. whilst giving full support to a terrorist regime themselves.

Wars & rumors of wars: apparently a War soon!

then there's a rumor Aliens would come to stop the War! not necessarily whatsoever... but who knows!

Edited by Ely
  • Like 1

Wars & rumors of wars: apparently a War soon!

then there's a rumor Aliens would come to stop the War! not necessarily whatsoever... but who knows!

The concept of a "false flag" is the perfect tool for misinformation. Any action of any type anywhere can be called a FF with no proof, just conjecture. Do they exist in reality? I'm sure they have at some point. Are there as many as people claim? No way.

Official Canadian government members have stated that one of the main reasons IS NOT only Syria, but also the continued call of genocide and violent antisemitism voiced by the Iranian regime:

“the original [2001] Durban conference, and its declaration, as well as the non-governmental activities associated with it, proved to be a dangerous platform for racism, including anti-Semitism,” as Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney said.

http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=284342

Which is btw, on my view, just shows that the Canadian government is one of the last non-hypocrite, high moral, government left in the West.

This is in strike contradiction to Mr Ban Ki-moon who participated last week in the conference in Tehran along with other 120 state representatives. <_<

Official Canadian government members have stated that one of the main reasons IS NOT only Syria, but also the continued call of genocide and violent antisemitism voiced by the Iranian regime:

http://www.jpost.com....aspx?id=284342

Which is btw, on my view, just shows that the Canadian government is one of the last non-hypocrite, high moral, government left in the West.

This is in strike contradiction to Mr Ban Ki-moon who participated last week in the conference in Tehran along with other 120 state representatives. <_<

I agree that Harper is the de facto leader of the free world these days. Obama has relinquished any claim to such a title due to his blatant hypocrisy and betrayal of the traditional role of the US in world affairs, especially regarding maintaining stability in the M.E. If there will be a regional war there i believe it will be seen in large measure due to his stupidity and lack of leadership. The UN is a sham organization of thugs and Moon is simply another shill at the top hawking for them. The NAM countries are irrelevant except as flimsy camouflage for Iran's aspirations. The only one's paying attention to them are the anti western crowd.

...and because of their ramping up of nuclear technology, and possible threats to our embassy, but primarily giving arms to Assad's regime (that launched Iran into pariah status.

I'm no fan of my Prime Minister, but this is one time where *gak*... I agree with my government.

I agree that Harper is the de facto leader of the free world these days.

HAH hah! *pardon me and a lot of Canadians as we roll around on the floor and laugh right now*

• Like 2

HAH hah! *pardon me and a lot of Canadians as we roll around on the floor and laugh right now*

I don't know the man's reputation or anything about the internal politics in Canada but in this step he's taken he has shown more resolve than my president has in the last 3.5 years. I just admire him for it primarily because I support Israel. I think it was the correct thing to do and wish other countries would isolate them more as well. It may be our last chance to prevent a truly awful war in that region. I've read some pretty negative opinions about him from other Canadians here so.. sorry if I spiked a humor meter :w00t:
  • Like 1

This move honestly surprised the heck out of me. We've had plenty of issues with Iran before but there hadn't been any big issues lately. Iran had openly admitted to helping out the Syrian government but we haven't been taking much of a lead on the Syria issue so wouldn't think that would have set us off. The timing of this just seems odd. Maybe the decision was made months ago and was only made public once we were sure all our officials were out of the country.

The concept of a "false flag" is the perfect tool for misinformation. Any action of any type anywhere can be called a FF with no proof, just conjecture. Do they exist in reality? I'm sure they have at some point. Are there as many as people claim? No way.

Of course they exist. Hitler did it twice himself.

If it didn't exist the term wouldn't exist as it comes from A country putitng another countries flag on their plane and bombing another country. That country then things it was the country who the flag belongs to's fault.

The US has carried over a few of Hitlers tricks as well, so I wouldn't put it past them. ( example: Floride)

Edited by Coffey

This move honestly surprised the heck out of me. We've had plenty of issues with Iran before but there hadn't been any big issues lately. Iran had openly admitted to helping out the Syrian government but we haven't been taking much of a lead on the Syria issue so wouldn't think that would have set us off. The timing of this just seems odd. Maybe the decision was made months ago and was only made public once we were sure all our officials were out of the country.

I read an opinion yesterday that the announcement being made in Russia seemed odd as well. Almost as though there was some kind of urgency to it or it would have been avoided in that setting. No need to tweak a bear's nose. It either was just an ill conceived (politically) notion on his behalf or there might be much more to the story. BTW there's a new moon over Iran on 9/17... just sayin'