Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's the deal with Scorpios?

emberdawn

Well, from my experience scorpios are not truly evil, however their drive for power and dominance can make them seem that way, furthermore they tend to lash out quite strongly when they perceive an attack which is probably why they are compared to scorpions.

• Like 2

No sign is evil. That's just the typical excuse to hate something: call it evil. Ironic, isn't it?

I would guess it's a matter of not getting on a Scorpio's bad side, as the "lash" as you so may call it can be quite...passionate as the sign tends to be. It's hard to get a Scorpio to forgive. We are also quite protective over the stuff and people we love. And we lash our really strong when that is under threat. I guess people don't like our passionate strikes when provoked.

But if you get on our good side we're softer than bread and cotton. Actually, Scorpios are not only compared to Scorpions, but also to Eagles, and Phoenixes.

About dominance and drive for power...I'm a Scorpio, and I feel no such thing.

EDIT:

Let me add, however, that Astrology as a whole is very far from being proven to be trustworthy. Consider it just "fun" stuff. What is actually proven, is that every human being on the planet is unique and shares it's own personality (or copies another's).

Edited by Alex01
  • Like 1

There is a site that is more than 50 percent Scorpios all wonderful people and very interesting. Believe it or not they do give off a special energy. It is in your posts. Especially Rockabilly and 747400. This is the first time I've read anything from Alex01 and Lilly peaceful energy is what I feel. So I wasn't surprise to see some of you come here. Thank you for answering me.

No sign is evil. That's just the typical excuse to hate something: call it evil. Ironic, isn't it?

I would guess it's a matter of not getting on a Scorpio's bad side, as the "lash" as you so may call it can be quite...passionate as the sign tends to be. It's hard to get a Scorpio to forgive. We are also quite protective over the stuff and people we love. And we lash our really strong when that is under threat. I guess people don't like our passionate strikes when provoked.

But if you get on our good side we're softer than bread and cotton. Actually, Scorpios are not only compared to Scorpions, but also to Eagles, and Phoenixes.

EDIT:

Let me add, however, that Astrology as a whole is very far from being proven to be trustworthy. Consider it just "fun" stuff. What is actually proven, is that every human being on the planet is unique and shares it's own personality (or copies another's).

I was reading a book called archyotypes of the Zodiac is stated that Scorpios can evolve. You start as a Scorpion, then a snake, the final transformation is the pheonix or eagle. It also says the eagle is the only creature who can stare down sun. Astrology for me is just for fun and it's interesting.

EDIT:

I was reading a book called archyotypes of the Zodiac is stated that Scorpios can evolve. You start as a Scorpion, then a snake, the final transformation is the pheonix or eagle. It also says the eagle is the only creature who can stare down sun. Astrology for me is just for fun and it's interesting. Edited by emberdawn

all signs are good. Taurus is strong sign and compatible with Scorpios. I feel sorry for those who get in the way of what you want they might end up with hoof marks on their backs. Lol

awwww yaaaaa :gun:
  • Like 1

Well, this just proves how incorrect astrology really is.

Survey of my friends and family will tell you that I'm a kind hearted person. I enjoy hurting no one, least of all those who love me.

I'm a Scorpio.

Ahh,I should have clarified .Male and females of each sign,have slightly different traits .

I was referring to male Scorpios in dating situations I guess.

I've had 3 Scorpio boyfriends .I've been at the receiving end of it,numerous times.

Scorpio women are not to be messed with ,when it comes to their mate or children .Their stinger comes out faster than you can say,RUN FOR YOUR LIFE !

Same for Taurus or Leo .But in those two cases,the bull will charge,and the lioness will rend you to pieces .

Scorpios and Leos,are probably the two most jealous signs.

Neither sex appreciates their mates either being hit on,or actually straying.

If you do stray ,the Leo will curse you out for a good loud 20 minutes,and walk,a Scorpio will call Taiwan correct time on a loop,from you home phone first ,leave it off the hook while you're at work,then they walk .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Taiwan!?? Wow talk about hit you where it hurts. Yes they do the walk away thing quite well, after they equalize, then in their eyes you no longer exist. If you lucky.

My aunt is a scorpio. I adore her and always have, the only clash she and I ever have is she asks for whatever she wants, regardless of what it is. But that probably only bothers me because I have guilt issues with telling people no. She's loyal, caring, and will bend over backwards to help those in need.

On one hand, I have to say that all signs have their upside and their downside, and a person's experiences have an impact on their personality too. Can't blame the sign or generalize everyone with that sign :)

That being said, I avoid cancer's completely and no romantic relationships with leo (waaay too clingy for my tastes) Or pisces. Virgo, it seems, is just right. Or another Aquarius :D

The downsides of my sign (that I'm aware of) is a tendancy to seem emotionally cold and aloof. I don't know if this is related to my sign or just me, but I don't have any patience what-so-ever for drama. I won't even be friends with someone who has a lot of that going on, it's absolute zero tolerance.

• Like 1

Scorpio have a mean streak ,a mile wide. They also enjoy hurting people who love them . Yah

I'm a male Scorpio, and this description sounds like the direct opposite of me.

• Like 1

Well, this just proves how incorrect astrology really is.

Survey of my friends and family will tell you that I'm a kind hearted person. I enjoy hurting no one, least of all those who love me.

I'm a Scorpio.

Apart from the fact that humans generally use the Gregorian calendar to apply their star sign, It goes deeper than just your sign. Anyone who bases their opinion purely off the generic 'this sign has this trait and that sign has that trait' Isn't going to neccessarily identify with it. I'm sure there are others more knowledgeable than me, but there are other variables no one has mentioned yet which 'have' an effect on personalities. For instance, who has had their Natal chart done here? It provides the location of the Planets, Sun and Moon at birth. There are many degrees of each sign. Signs are often split into 3 sub-signs, eg: Scorpio I/ Scorpio II/Scorpio III. There is your ascendant sign, which some say is more important than your astrological sign. It also varies depending on your place of birth. It matters where each planet is when you are born, not just where your ruling planet was. There are 12 houses which also effect you. These 12 houses are unique to the place and time of birth. The distance between planets at the time of your birth may also be measured and used to identify their ' personality adjustment signal strength' (for lack of a better description).

Many people are operating under the belief they are a certain star sign and do not identify with it at all, yet when provided with a full, detailed Natal chart can turn around and go "Wow, I knew I was a Scorpio but I never knew all this!"

A great book which so far I have used on 100+ people with an accuracy of around 95% is The Secret Language of Birthdays. A full description of each day of the year, accompanied by explanations of the Equinox and Solstice periods, the seasons, the period of life each sign represents, Aries and Taurus, young, full of beans and not afraid to speak their mind or fight, through to the middles age of Libra, who by this time have calmed down and can look upon arguments with a logical, not emotional or reactional eye, then on to the 'older' signs representing the end of the life cycle, Aquarius and Pisces where the signee's are usually less active in the 'real world' and tend to be dreamers, not too concerned with building their fortune and marking their mark on the world anymore, but rather searching for spirituality and what happens next?

Of course, nurture can and will play a part in every individuals life.

Anyway, I'm tired.

Hope I aroused some interest in you Lilly

You sexy Scorpio you ;)

Edited by Wandering
  • Like 2

Sorry this wasn't meant to be mean. Trying to understand why they get such a bad rap when they are usually gentle loving people. I have heard them called demon spawn, deviants, sexual pervs, dishonest, back stabbing, evil, mobile homes for demons, not worth marrying because they can't be loyal. Just trying trying to enlighten. My friend asked her mom why people do what they do to her. Her mom turned around and casually said " because your a Scorpio" ???? "really" ????

I despair of anyone who genuinely believes that people are worthy of scorn because their birthday fell in between some arbitrary date brackets. That is even more stupid than racism. Or homophobia.

In fact it's about as stupid as it gets.

Horoscopes are ridiculous. "A brush with fortune is possible when you meet a person who has a face. In the job world, things could go either way when you have to make a decision."

It's hard to make horoscopes NOT fit your day as the predictions are so general and vague that you would have to be some kind of hermit sociopath in order to not get at least a 50% hit rate.

BTW I'm a Libra. After the drubbing I've just given star signs, it probably lists impatient, sarcastic and killjoy as my character traits, just so my whole post get annoyingly reclassified as support for astrology.

• Like 2

I despair of anyone who genuinely believes that people are worthy of scorn because their birthday fell in between some arbitrary date brackets. That is even more stupid than racism. Or homophobia.

In fact it's about as stupid as it gets.

Horoscopes are ridiculous. "A brush with fortune is possible when you meet a person who has a face. In the job world, things could go either way when you have to make a decision."

It's hard to make horoscopes NOT fit your day as the predictions are so general and vague that you would have to be some kind of hermit sociopath in order to not get at least a 50% hit rate.

BTW I'm a Libra. After the drubbing I've just given star signs, it probably lists impatient, sarcastic and killjoy as my character traits, just so my whole post get annoyingly reclassified as support for astrology.

I think there's a world of difference between horoscopes, which are just something to fill a column in a newspaper, and the whole huge and very complex subject of astrology (as suggested in the post by Wandering just above). I know Skeptics will say that there's still no scientific proof, as they say about everything, but even if there isn't, it's still a much larger subject than that.

• Like 1

My Mum's A Scorpio And My Dad's A Leo .. All Would Be God If I, Their Only Child, Am A Pisces <_<

I Must Say I always Had A Hard Way With Scorpios .. My Mum For Example Is The Most Stubborn And Difficult Person To Deal With .. Is It Because Of Her Zodiac Sign Or Not I Don't Know, But I've Never Been Too Keen On Them ..

• Like 1

can't be loyal?

my last three relationships ended because another woman intervened and my lover graciously accepted the attention. They weren't scorpios... I am and I'd never do that to someone.

Edited by RockabyeBillie
  • Like 1

My Mum's A Scorpio And My Dad's A Leo .. All Would Be God If I, Their Only Child, Am A Pisces <_<

I Must Say I always Had A Hard Way With Scorpios .. My Mum For Example Is The Most Stubborn And Difficult Person To Deal With .. Is It Because Of Her Zodiac Sign Or Not I Don't Know, But I've Never Been Too Keen On Them ..

My Mum is a Scorpio and I'm a Pisces too! I totally feel you on dealing with her! When I lived at home, holy **** we had some barnburners. My Dad is a Libra so wouldn't take sides so we'd just end up goin and goin and goin!

Put it this way, I won't be marrying a Scorpio! ;)

• Like 2

nice avatar!

Gojira Ichiban!

I think there's a world of difference between horoscopes, which are just something to fill a column in a newspaper, and the whole huge and very complex subject of astrology (as suggested in the post by Wandering just above). I know Skeptics will say that there's still no scientific proof, as they say about everything, but even if there isn't, it's still a much larger subject than that.

Oh there is more to the subject than my condescending dismissive last post, but it is definitely all hogwash. Of all the factors which could influence one's 'personality' (a fluid concept throughout one's life anyway), which day of the year and the positional state of celestial bodies are not amongst them.

If astrology did have any reality behind it, it would be as accepted as a mainstream branch of science. The whole idea of astrology is that you can measure and predict, which would be great if the measurements and predictions weren't just made up.

Where is the purpose in listing character traits for people born in a certain month, when the eligible population will have a hit rate of anything between 0% and 100% - what on earth is that supposed to prove?

• Like 2

If astrology did have any reality behind it, it would be as accepted as a mainstream branch of science. The whole idea of astrology is that you can measure and predict, which would be great if the measurements and predictions weren't just made up.

I have to agree, there's really no scientific evidence that astrology actually works.

Where is the purpose in listing character traits for people born in a certain month, when the eligible population will have a hit rate of anything between 0% and 100% - what on earth is that supposed to prove?

Exactly, one can find some Scorpio's that fit the description to a tee...and others that simply do not. I highly suspect a person's personality/character to be a result of genetics and life experiences...not the position of stars and planets.

• Like 1

I have to agree, there's really no scientific evidence that astrology actually works.

Exactly, one can find some Scorpio's that fit the description to a tee...and others that simply do not. I highly suspect a person's personality/character to be a result of genetics and life experiences...not the position of stars and planets.

I've seen personality characteristics tied to blood type as well and mine fit very well for my type - AB-
  • Like 1

I didn't convince you?

Sigh! :wub: Scorpios might not be what I want to marry, but they are certainly worth putting in some effort to get to know! ;)

• Like 1