Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Many Syrian Rebels Want Islamic State

and-then

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/08/syria-crisis-jihad-idUSL6E8K80WG20120908

Caliphate, anyone? This French surgeon, working in Aleppo tending FSA and other wounded reports on the trend toward Islamization of the post Assad State.

I'm going to post what I said on another forum:

Thing is, I'm not entirely sure how long a theocratic state would last in Syria. Society there doesn't seem as overly homogenous (or however you spell that damn word) as other places now ruled by theocrats.

Of course, had the West acted, support for extreme Islamists might have dropped considerably.

Now, I've seen similar articles twice now and I am sure that the majority of Islamist fighters in Syria are indeed foreigners. I honestly think Syria's society is secular enough and non-homogenous enough to reject any form of conservative Islamist government.

The only reason the Muslim Brotherhood won in Egypt was because the people voted them in because they wanted them in power. I don't think Syrians want Islamists. That is to say though that we should support Assad, because he is just as evil of a person as any.

I'm going to post what I said on another forum:

Now, I've seen similar articles twice now and I am sure that the majority of Islamist fighters in Syria are indeed foreigners. I honestly think Syria's society is secular enough and non-homogenous enough to reject any form of conservative Islamist government.

The only reason the Muslim Brotherhood won in Egypt was because the people voted them in because they wanted them in power. I don't think Syrians want Islamists. That is to say though that we should support Assad, because he is just as evil of a person as any.

Well they certainly are a diverse group. I hope diverse enough to keep the Sharia cowboys at bay. But after such a long and bloody siege who knows what they'll find acceptable just to return some semblance of order to their lives. Time will tell. And the French Islamists that he saw there are scary... they seem to idolize the evil SOB that slaughtered school children in Toulouse.

is that what westerns lie to them self today to cover the shame of leaving people dying ?

quite creative ,, dull and expected

with or without we're moving on

• Like 1

is that what westerns lie to them self today to cover the shame of leaving people dying ?

Sorry KoS but you guys don't appear to be moving anywhere except deeper into chaos. I'm not trying to anger you but I have a question. Why is it that the Arab League hasn't gathered an army and tried to come to your aid? Surely Arabs helping their brothers would be better than westerners that your people don't trust? If the stories are true then foreign fighters are establishing themselves there and will either share power after Assad is gone or they will have to be fought off also. And if they make a move to acquire those chem/bio toys the REAL trouble is going to begin quickly. And yes, I know you feel that's just an excuse for the west to intrude after the Syrians have won the battle but, dude, you guys aren't winning anything. Your people are just getting slaughtered. That happens when an ARMY fights against it's own civilians.
  • Like 1

Sorry KoS but you guys don't appear to be moving anywhere except deeper into chaos. I'm not trying to anger you but I have a question. Why is it that the Arab League hasn't gathered an army and tried to come to your aid? Surely Arabs helping their brothers would be better than westerners that your people don't trust? If the stories are true then foreign fighters are establishing themselves there and will either share power after Assad is gone or they will have to be fought off also. And if they make a move to acquire those chem/bio toys the REAL trouble is going to begin quickly. And yes, I know you feel that's just an excuse for the west to intrude after the Syrians have won the battle but, dude, you guys aren't winning anything. Your people are just getting slaughtered. That happens when an ARMY fights against it's own civilians.

then you have Iran preventing it.

You know saying that is racist right? If you said that to a black person you would be in trouble right now.

You know saying that is racist right? If you said that to a black person you would be in trouble right now.

You know what you're saying is complete BS, right? KOS' people are dying. They are being pushed further into chaos.

• Like 3

You know what you're saying is complete BS, right?

No it really isn't actually. It's politically incorrect and racist to say "you peeople" or "your people" to a race.

But then you are from New Zealand and I'm talking about a UK/US thing... So I don't even know how you can say it's BS... LOL

Edited by Coffey

No it really isn't actually.

Yes it is.

It's politically incorrect and racist to say "you peeople" or "your people" to a race.

Ah, political correctness. How I missed you. Also, no it isn't racist at all. But of course, I wouldn't imagine you to know the difference between racism and perfectly legitimate speech. After all, you do seem to think that Israelis are all Nazis.

But then you are from New Zealand and I'm talking about a UK/US thing... So I don't even know how you can say it's BS... LOL

And this is relevant how? Just because I am a New Zealander doesn't mean I should conform to some expected stereotype (if there is one of New Zealanders).

Not just the west!

But sadly when the outside powers that want to meddle in the M.E prioritize their list of 'interests', human rights are not usually near the top of that list.

How bad are things at the moment, Knight? Reports coming through on the media here are sporadic at best

Edited by Atlantia

Not just the west!

But sadly when the outside powers that want to meddle in the M.E prioritize their list of 'interests', human rights are not usually near the top of that list.

How bad are things at the moment, Knight? Reports coming through on the media here are sporadic at best

KoS has a little trouble with expecting any help from the Arab neighbors. This is no slight against them on my part. But I do wonder why they in the Arab League have not done more, openly to help their brothers in Syria. They, collectively, should have more clout in dealing with Russia than Europe or the US.

Not just the west!

left home with family about more than a week ago coz of missiles and heavy arm attack on buildings nearby

didn't come back yet our home is in one piece thankfully except for few stolen things by what we call .. our army

but we're more lucky than others whole houses went down

• Like 4

left home with family about more than a week ago coz of missiles and heavy arm attack on buildings nearby

didn't come back yet our home is in one piece thankfully except for few stolen things by what we call .. our army

but we're more lucky than others whole houses went down

Stay safe and good luck.

It's hard to imagine what the people of your country are having to endure at the moment.

Good to hear you are in one piece KOS. Let's hope Syrians can succeed in making a positive change for the country.

we better .. and the sooner we relize we're alone in this fight the better

France, Britain and the US are all helping in Syria. My guess is that's why recent gains have been made against an ARMY you civilians are fighting against. To do more - like shower the country with cruise missiles and stealth bombers to take down the aircraft that are killing your friends would be to ask for trouble from Russia. Remember Libya, KoS? We did all that for them. Did you notice how they returned the favor?

France, Britain and the US are all helping in Syria. My guess is that's why recent gains have been made against an ARMY you civilians are fighting against. To do more - like shower the country with cruise missiles and stealth bombers to take down the aircraft that are killing your friends would be to ask for trouble from Russia. Remember Libya, KoS? We did all that for them. Did you notice how they returned the favor?

That's not exactly fair.

A weak government in Lybia has failed to stop extremists from attacking the US consulate and that is deplorable, but I think it's a little early to conclude that this terrorist attack is representative of the Lybian people as a whole.

not a single military weapon has been delivered

any one says otherwise are trying to make them self feel better so they can sleep at night

on contrary the world is actually keep providing cover despite what they say they provide both cover and time'

for the goverment to finish the job

don't fool your self .. where we reached and accomplished so far is nothing thanks to any countries you mentioned

it's pure sacrfices of my people

i would not surprised if your preisdents and politicans wore mini skirts of cheerleaders

and started to cheer for the goverment to finish off the people not even alittle bit

you on this post nearly giving excuses to why the rebels are " bad " r

so much the pointview of your western countries are boiling in your topic

none the less like i said .. with or without we're moving on

like it or not .. a country with 85% of sunnis .. will be ruled by a suni leader

as much as you .. and the west hated it

just please don't sink low enough to start making excuses to the gov trying to accoplish the western media goal

which intended to draw rebels in bad light as exteremists and murderer

so it will be partly justifed to not back them up

the western methods never change .. disgusting

Knight, why do you seem to think that the West doesn't like the Syrian rebels? Most "Western powers" have been criticised for not doing enough to help Syria. They have tried and tried to pass some form of resolution to help make it easier for countries to do something about the situation but the Chinese and Russians keep getting in our way. And they aren't going to take on Russia.

If Russia and China weren't being so obstructive and our leaders had real balls, we would have simply disregarded what the Russians and the Chinese wanted and stormed right in there and got rid of Assad and given the rebels what they needed.

But, just to reiterate, the rebels are not seen as a bad thing in the "West". If anything, they are seen as a force for positive change.

what's going on in security councel is not helping .. is a role play

i veto , you condem gov .. every one is happy massacares continue

as for the rebels .. many and MANY western media been trying to show " inhuman acts of rebels "

like throwing people from roof .. without mentioning these are snipers that shot and killed many innocents

or the whole world goes in tears for few civilians militia slaughtered by the rebels and condems it

while they overlook these damn militans not even raped women even children

and eventally comes some one like and then who wants to say rebels .. want islamic state

which been brought up also in many media stream and draw them as extremist

ohh and they expect them to hold human rights

true .. when we are dealing with humans but what we dealing is here is not humans

a person who let cannon loose not knowing which family it hits .. is not human .. therfore no human rights for him

that is my honest opinion

so i'd rather not hear the west nag about a murderer got what he deserve or sniper went flying off buildings

if they don't like it .. then let them get off their lazy butt and do something to stop these animals from bombing civilians

otherwise they should shut the hell up and let us defend our self by any means

it's kill or be killed couldn't get any simpler than this

not a single military weapon has been delivered

any one says otherwise are trying to make them self feel better so they can sleep at night

on contrary the world is actually keep providing cover despite what they say they provide both cover and time'

for the goverment to finish the job

don't fool your self .. where we reached and accomplished so far is nothing thanks to any countries you mentioned

it's pure sacrfices of my people

i would not surprised if your preisdents and politicans wore mini skirts of cheerleaders

and started to cheer for the goverment to finish off the people not even alittle bit

you on this post nearly giving excuses to why the rebels are " bad " r

so much the pointview of your western countries are boiling in your topic

none the less like i said .. with or without we're moving on

like it or not .. a country with 85% of sunnis .. will be ruled by a suni leader

as much as you .. and the west hated it

just please don't sink low enough to start making excuses to the gov trying to accoplish the western media goal

which intended to draw rebels in bad light as exteremists and murderer

so it will be partly justifed to not back them up

the western methods never change .. disgusting

Knight,

I regret that you feel so ignored and let down by the west and I do understand why you feel that way.

The aid and support given by Europe and the USA might not be what you'd have hoped for, but what about Russia and China?

What about the countries openly supporting the 'Government' in Damascus?

If you are 'disgusted' by us then what of them?

Knight,

I regret that you feel so ignored and let down by the west and I do understand why you feel that way.

The aid and support given by Europe and the USA might not be what you'd have hoped for, but what about Russia and China?

What about the countries openly supporting the 'Government' in Damascus?

If you are 'disgusted' by us then what of them?

to put it simply they are enemies

you wouldn't imagin the hate we bear for these two here

these have people " on field " planing the killing

so as much as it goes for dear russia , china , iran . .. i think their existance here will cease after this resolve

and i mean ceased in like not even civilians will come here anymore

simply not welcomed

to put it simply they are enemies

you wouldn't imagin the hate we bear for these two here

these have people " on field " planing the killing

so as much as it goes for dear russia , china , iran . .. i think their existance here will cease after this resolve

and i mean ceased in like not even civilians will come here anymore

simply not welcomed

I can follow that mindset, but how much influence do the Russian, Chinese or Iranian people have on their respective governments? You should not blame regular people fight this, and especially do not retaliate against hate with more hate. Why not trying to establish a climate where nobody has to be scared anymore?