Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man in China claims to live only on water

Saru

22-year-old Ning Xuefa maintains that he has lived his whole life without eating a single scrap of food.

A 22-year-old man in Henan Province has managed to survive solely by drinking 15 kilograms of water a day - without ever eating a bite of food.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Nope.

I believe this is possible, although not everyone would be able to do it. I think it's a state of mind to a large extent.

I call shenanigans! Unless the water contains enough calories, bacteria or algae perhaps, there is no way this is true. Unless this guy has some sort of regenerating internal organs which his body continually feeds off then his claim is false. Maybe he tried it at one time, his brain was devoured and now he just lives in his own little fantasy world. Poor parenting too if all they fed their kids was water after he was born. Complete lunacy!

• Like 5

I don't see how this is possible. His basal metabolic rate has to be at least 1000 cal per day. The water must be laden with some organic materials or he would simply consume himself.

• Like 2

I have trouble with this too.

Apparently it isn't working very well for this guy at 22:

"he moved to Shenzhen, Guangdong Province to work as a manual laborer, but his weak body and frail constitution failed him time and again"

I'd be curious to see what he looks like on the outside and inside.

• Like 1

I run off of coffee and Twinkies. May I haz news story plz?

I think that's a reasonable request. There's no nutrition in either of those items, so you are just as miraculous as Chinese chappy :lol:

I have trouble with this too.

Apparently it isn't working very well for this guy at 22:

"he moved to Shenzhen, Guangdong Province to work as a manual laborer, but his weak body and frail constitution failed him time and again"

I'd be curious to see what he looks like on the outside and inside.

I guess his best bet would be to become a monk. Sounds as if he's very advanced spiritually if what he says is true.

Bogus, he must eat soup or something..

what would be the benefit of this? none..

Its not about the gain, its all about breaking the limits of the human body and mind.

• Like 1

This smells of BS. to me...

Its not about the gain, its all about breaking the limits of the human body and mind.

I think it's all about him getting his 15 minutes...you can't live off of 0 calories...unless he has an Arc reactor like Ironman.

Didn't they prove another man who claimed to live off of hardly anything a fake several months ago?

• Like 1

You need calories just for basic internal processes, like breathing and brain function. That's not to mention the need for vital vitamins and nutrients from food. :hmm:

What a pile of crap!

I remember hearing of an American woman who made similar claims, She was a fraud and created all sorts of issues for the 'gullible' people that tried to followed her example.

Stories like this appear every now and then and they disappear just as quickly once the claim is put to the test.

• Like 2

What a pile of crap!

I remember hearing of an American woman who made similar claims, She was a fraud and created all sorts of issues for the 'gullible' people that tried to followed her example.

Stories like this appear every now and then and they disappear just as quickly once the claim is put to the test.

Very well said my Aqualish Pirate friend.

• Like 1

Very well said my Aqualish Pirate friend.

We all need an Aqualish Pirate in our lives, and if anyone knows about water its the Aqualish'.

So right from birth, his mother never fed him any milk?