Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man in China claims to live only on water

Saru

So right from birth, his mother never fed him any milk?

Obviously not, it was probably breast water.

What does he drink now Still Waters? ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

What does he drink now Still Waters? ;)

Well well well, I'll have to think about that one. :su

• Like 1

If there is some truth to this, you suppose the water contains nutrients such as protein that would substain him?

Give him a chance he just wanted to stand out from the rest and be noticed.

This sounds like "hooey" to me. Wasn't their a Hindu guru a few years back that swore he lived only on air? If I recall, they caught him sneaking a few bites of food while he was being observed.

If there is some truth to this, you suppose the water contains nutrients such as protein that would substain him?

Pure water does not contain protein.

Contaminated water might, but it will still probably be negligible, and metabolically irrelevant, provided we're not dealing with sewage or significant levels of contamination. Such water would most certainly leave him very ill.

Technically it is possible to live without ever "eating" anything other than water. There are IV solutions that are given to comatose patients who arne't consious to eat that keeps them alive. But actually living on water and water alone... impossible unless that water has some kind of caloric content..

Contaminated water might, but it will still probably be negligible, and metabolically irrelevant, provided we're not dealing with sewage or significant levels of contamination. Such water would most certainly leave him very ill.

I know that pure water doesn't contain protein and such. I'm just wondering if he's enhancing

the H2O and failing to mention it just so he can get his 15 minutes of fame. If it's even feasible

to live like that.

• Like 1

Impossible in term of science

Correct. Impossible in terms of known science. It's possible that our understanding could be inaccurate. Some so called "scientific" people are so closed-minded.

• Like 1

excuse me for bashing you but in the article it doesnt say PURE WATER. it just said water so he might be drinking VITAMIN WATER and when he gets discovered that it wasnt pure water he would probably say, "buts its still WATER! see vitamin WATER!" lol just a theory

excuse me for bashing you but in the article it doesnt say PURE WATER. it just said water so he might be drinking VITAMIN WATER and when he gets discovered that it wasnt pure water he would probably say, "buts its still WATER! see vitamin WATER!" lol just a theory

I don't consider it a bash, it's an idea :P If he were drinking vitamin water, I still don't think it would be possible considering vitamin water doesn't provide every vital nutrient.

One can survive on water alone for a long time. All it needs to perpetuate the scam is to slip in some compact food occasionally.

There is really nothing to see here... this dude just wants to get in the news.

If say ,he lived in some high mountains,where the spring water had salts minerals and organisms in it naturally ,well ~mmmaaayybbe~,and only if he drank copious amounts of it .

He's in Guangdong ,which is across from Hong Kong .

Ummm,no. Not even close .

What a pile of crap!

I remember hearing of an American woman who made similar claims, She was a fraud and created all sorts of issues for the 'gullible' people that tried to followed her example.

Stories like this appear every now and then and they disappear just as quickly once the claim is put to the test.

*nevermind* I think that post would have gone a bit far. retracted.

Edited by orangepeaceful79

Wish they included a photo of this man, he must be a skeleton. If he isn't taking in any calories his body will literally start eating itself.

As an ex nurse, i've seen terminal patients slowly fade out this way, even with nutrients pumped directly into their stomachs they'd lose weight more detrimentally they'd lose muscle mass, very quickly.

This young man is getting calories from somewhere otherwise he wouldn't last 22 years.

Sounds to me like he is anorexic.

I've seen people who seemed to live on cigarettes, but no, not water alone. Beer maybe.

Ha ha put him to the test and lets see how long he can last. What a lot of rubbish. :td:

Technically it is possible to live without ever "eating" anything other than water. There are IV solutions that are given to comatose patients who arne't consious to eat that keeps them alive. But actually living on water and water alone... impossible unless that water has some kind of caloric content..

That's why it's called "solutions", not "water"

Oh wait, no one mentioned the 15kg of water a day. Guess he has to p*** every hour?

Isn't there some people claim that they don't need to eat or drink but they can spiritually absorb the energy of the nature around?

Wish they included a photo of this man, he must be a skeleton.

There's a photo of him in this article -

http://www.odditycen.../tag/ning-xuefa

It seems to tell a different story too -

He told Chinese media that he completely renounced food when he was just a 10-year-old child.

So.......he was eating food until the age of ten.

Isn't there some people claim that they don't need to eat or drink but they can spiritually absorb the energy of the nature around?

Yes there are. They'd have to be very highly evolved spiritually to do that, so I bet there are only a handful of people who can do it. I would guess people who can do it don't go shouting about it.

There's a photo of him in this article -

http://www.odditycen.../tag/ning-xuefa

It seems to tell a different story too -

He told Chinese media that he completely renounced food when he was just a 10-year-old child.

So.......he was eating food until the age of ten.

Hmm, well he certainly isn't a skeleton, is he?

depends on his water source. The water could be full of microorganisms and thats how he is getting some protein and other things. But I highly doubt it.