Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man in China claims to live only on water

Saru

Either this story is nonsense, or he is has some deep psychological issues...

Ok from that above link (my bold)

"The closest thing to food that doesn’t make Ning Xuefa sick is milk, but his family is too poor to buy milk for him every day. So the thirsty young man is forced to survive on water alone."

Soooo reading between the lines, he sometimes drinks milk, not every day mind, since his family are too poor (fair enough) but if say, you drank milk every 3rd day or so, I reckon it would be enough to keep you alive.

Ok from that above link (my bold)

"The closest thing to food that doesn’t make Ning Xuefa sick is milk, but his family is too poor to buy milk for him every day. So the thirsty young man is forced to survive on water alone."

Soooo reading between the lines, he sometimes drinks milk, not every day mind, since his family are too poor (fair enough) but if say, you drank milk every 3rd day or so, I reckon it would be enough to keep you alive.

maybe if he just laid down all day and he probably would be crazy sick all his life, from the picture he looks pretty healthy.

Irish Hunger Strike of 1981

In 1981, members of the Irish Republican Army (IRA) imprisoned in England went on a hunger strike to protest their incarceration. Former IRA commanding officer Bobby Sands was actually elected into the British House of Commons while striking, helping to raise awareness for their cause.

British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher refused to bend, however. The prisoners drank small amounts of water, but refused food altogether. Sands died from starvation in a prison hospital on the 66th day of the strike. Thatcher remained steadfast and called Sands a criminal and his death a suicide. Nine more prisoners died from starvation after Sands. Thomas McElwee lasted the longest, at 73 total days -- a full week longer than the next closest prisoner [source: irishhungerstrike.com].

• Like 1

maybe if he just laid down all day and he probably would be crazy sick all his life, from the picture he looks pretty healthy.

Ah yes, but the picture dosen't show his body. The article says he is 1.5m and 40kg. That's pretty slim. Also goes on to say

"He tried to get a job in construction to help out his parents, but his weak body, frail constitution and the constant need to go to the bathroom even at night eventually got him fired. Ning had to return home and depend on his family for help"

(the funny thing is I have to click on the comments section to read this lower part of the article - comes right after the pic of him - hmmm)

Oh, pallidin, that is a sad part of history right there... :no: Not good

I call bullpockies on it as well.

I recall reading a similar story of a woman who claimed to live off of nothing but pure water and air; she even went so far as to claim that the evil food industry had us all fooled into believing we need food to live

so a group of researcher decided to study her. Not surprisingly after a few days she started getting sick and claimed it was polluted air so they moved her to a new place with clean air and she continued to deteriorate.

She then casually admitted to sneaking a mouthful of cake or whatever to satiate some sort of food "orgasm" or whatever blarney she was peddling.

We are all biological beings and regardless of the baloney that many "esoteric" religions love to peddle, we are not exempt from its rules for maintenance...

Here's a test, take a newborn animal and put it in a cage and refuse to feed it anything meanwhile explaining that it doesn't need food and water because it only thinks it does and see how far it gets...

Correct. Impossible in terms of known science. It's possible that our understanding could be inaccurate. Some so called "scientific" people are so closed-minded.

Correct. It is possible your understanding could be inaccurate.

Some "open minded" people are so gullible.

Does he plan on reproducing?

This has been claimed by many people over the years. There are also some who claim not to drink anything but "live off the sun." I think they are sometimes called "breatharians."

In every case it has been proven a fraud but it often takes a while as "locals" want to believe it and someone has to come in looking to prove the fraud.

there is a old man that doesnt even drink water or eat and is like 72 (so he says)

there's a guy in india who gets all his nourishment from supposesdly staring at the sun, at least thats what he says. I think there was an article on the site about it a couple of years ago.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

If you don't need food, you don't need air either !

• 1 month later...

Its sounds true enough to me. He drinks Jamieson's Irish whiskey. All alcoholics never eat and stay alive for years