Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

U.S. diplomatic offices attacked

Ashotep

People of the middle east have to understand there is a lot of these low rate scrap films put out on the net criticizing religions, not like this film was some box office smash, the people of America would also condem it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/free-speech-that-mocks-islam-is-national-security-threat-for-u-s-prominent-nj-imam-tells-theblaze/

FREE SPEECH THAT MOCKS ISLAM IS NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT FOR U.S., PROMINENT NJ IMAM TELLS THEBLAZE

“We, as Americans, have to put limits and borders [on] freedom of speech,” Qatanani, leader of the Islamic Center of Passaic County (ICPC), told TheBlaze. He explained that while Americans may ”have the freedom“ to speak their mind, ultimately, they “have no right to [talk about Muslim] holy issues“ as it will incite ”hatred or war among people.”

At the end of the day Qatanani was consistent in his call for peace, however, he was particularly fixated on the “Innocence of Muslims” as egregious enough to justify violence.

Hey imam! How about you and your intolerant hypersensitive barbarian followers kiss my white American assssss!!!!!!!

I'd love for someone in power to tell him and those like him that their inability to take a joke or a middle finger without blowing something up is the real national security risk and the only one who should be questioned over the words they choose to speak is this terrorist imam. Don't tell me he is otherwise. The article says he is a former terrorist. BS, he's still a sympathizer and a believer in the cause and very likely an agitator within the mosque. These people need b****h slapped hard. I'm tired of them turning the cards on us and tired of an administration who can't call a spade a spade and apologizes when somebody does.

Edited by Is it for real
  • Like 1

Are we missing a thread again? What did we do know?

I think it's a continuation of the uproar over the "film". Or some politician/cleric in Pakistan wanting to rouse people up for his own purposes...who knows anymore?

I think it's a continuation of the uproar over the "film". Or some politician/cleric in Pakistan wanting to rouse people up for his own purposes...who knows anymore?

You know, there is a weird idea here that America seems to have - we see people out there in the world that don't like us and, instead of just letting them be, we say "Well, let's get to know them and then they will love us!"

The fact is that there are some people out there that do not like the US. They have various reasons for it that they can give, I am sure, but in the end they just don't like us. And that's okay. Even on the individual level we all have people that we know that just rub us the wrong way... It's not that they are evil or we are stupid it's just we don't like them. And on the individual level we usually just try to avoid dealing with them... but on a national level we seem to have a weird idea that we have to constantly seek to work with people that aren't going to like us.

It's a weird and pretty much uniquely American idea. And it's actually a wonderfully nice view of the world - that we can talk others into liking us. The problem is that it is naive and not really productive.

This film was a work of real world trolling - no question of that. But the fact is that if we hadn't tried to force our friendship into areas where it isn't welcome then we wouldn't have to care... I support free speech but I also say that the film-maker was wrong in using it the way he did. I also support people's right to protest it and be insulted but decry the use of violence in doing so. There are rights and wrongs on both sides of this. And the fact is we aren't going to quell either side by talking.

I suggest we just leave them to their own devices. Let them be angry - I get why they are angry. But if we weren't there and putting ourselves in front of them all the time, then that anger would run it's course and die out (Anger has a tendency to do that) rather than being constantly agitated.

• Like 1

Sorry if I missed it, but did people discuss the possibility that the film was made the way it was on purpose, not to troll, but to refuel American hatred across the middle east? Maybe orchestrated by a world power or someone with something to gain from it?

I completely understand Adja's words. The Spanish used similar justifications when they destroyed the Incan Empire. Doesn't mean the Spanish are secretly plotting to attack non-Christians.

That's right and the Spanish are not Muslim. Muslims plot to dominate the non Muslim world. They have from their beginning. Yes other nations have done that in the past. But what nations today are plotting to conquer? Maybe Russia with certain ex Soviet bloc countries. Maybe China?? Only the doctrine of Islam currently actively accommodates conquering the non Muslims.

And yes the West helped to free the Arabs from the Ottomans...and then processed to divide up the territory between themselves. I'm sure the Arabs were a touch miffed about that.

That's not exactly true. Arab lands were surrendered to Britain and France. It became their territory. The indigenous peoples lost their rights to the land. What the British and French did was turn around and "divide up" (as you put it) the territory into countries according to various kingdoms and returned the land back to the people.

Some Arabs have gotten wealthy by dealing with the West. Most Arabs have gotten jack with a side of squat.

And that's the fault of the West?

Sorry if I missed it, but did people discuss the possibility that the film was made the way it was on purpose, not to troll, but to refuel American hatred across the middle east? Maybe orchestrated by a world power or someone with something to gain from it?

I doubt it. The video has been around since July. The attacks and such began September 11. The administration couldn't bring themselves to suggest this was a planned out 9-11 attack and accepted the excuse of the middle eastern leaders that this obscure video is the source of all rage. Cowards on both sides. The video was a convenient way to demonize Americans instead of the demons at fault. Again, both sides of power are only too eager to condemn Americans and free speech instead of laying blame where it belongs on the hoard of Allah worshipping psychonauts. Weakest foreign policy ever.

Ever see old Disney cartoons from the ww2 era? They may not have been PC and pretty racist but at least America wasn't afraid to recognize the enemy back then. Hell, even South Park backed off of a Muhammad skit a couple years ago, though probably due to death threats as they're certainly not PC. But still. At least they made Team America. That was great.

Or you do not understand...And I do try and understand. I have heard your argument before...it is actually the first argument they start with in a Moral Philosophy class. I do not agree with it because it does not make sense logically and is not provable. If you want, I can explain the Euthyphro dilemma to you and tell you why you idea is incorrect...

Wow! You had to bring that up. This needs to be its own thread. But I think I’m beginning to see more about you. Euthyphro’s Dilemma makes for a great academic exercise. But there is a world of difference between academic exercises and reality. When you make chicken-and-the-egg arguments, at some point you need to know where to get off. If you stay on, I can see now why you are confused. I am trying to finish your replies in PM and maybe I’ll reply to this there. All I’ll say right now is that there is a third option.

FWIW, I hate strangers in my backyard too.