Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Former Italian President Francesco Cossiga

ExpandMyMind

Former Italian President Francesco Cossiga, who revealed the existence of Operation Gladio, has told Italy’s oldest and most widely read newspaper that the 9-11 terrorist attacks were run by the CIA and Mossad, and that this was common knowledge among global intelligence agencies. In what translates awkwardly into English, Cossiga told the newspaper Corriere della Sera:

“All the [intelligence services] of America and Europe…know well that the disastrous attack has been planned and realized from the Mossad, with the aid of the Zionist world in order to put under accusation the Arabic countries and in order to induce the western powers to take part … in Iraq [and] Afghanistan.”

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/9-11_solved118.html

• Like 1

Well, there you have it. Conclusive proof of the biggest most elaborate FF in history. But on a more serious note.... those who actually believe such nonsense simply deny the reality that NO human undertaking of that scale with that many moving parts could remain secret for a decade. Some real proof would surface, a deathbed confession, something. I actually could believe the government is capable of attempting it, just don't believe it could be executed so cleanly.

Once again, the only source of truthfulness in government officials comes from OUTSIDE the US.

And now the Italian judge Imposimato has referred torture and rendition charges against Bush et al to the World Court.

Certainly the most likely candidates for the planning and execution of the events of 11 September are amongst CIA and Mossad groups.

And now the Italian judge Imposimato has referred torture and rendition charges against Bush et al to the World Court.

"Judge Imposimato announced that he is going to recommend that the International Criminal Court hold a criminal trial into 9/11"

http://911blogger.com/news/2012-09-09/president-italy-s-supreme-court-refer-911-crimes-international-criminal-court

Well, there you have it. Conclusive proof of the biggest most elaborate FF in history. But on a more serious note.... those who actually believe such nonsense simply deny the reality that NO human undertaking of that scale with that many moving parts could remain secret for a decade. Some real proof would surface, a deathbed confession, something. I actually could believe the government is capable of attempting it, just don't believe it could be executed so cleanly.

gladio was secret for more than 40 years

http://www.globalresearch.ca/secret-warfare-operation-gladio-and-natos-stay-behind-armies/

More relevant quotes to add...

On 9/11 and Iraq war: -

“They did it. I have had long conversations over the past two weeks with contacts at the Army War
College
, at its headquarters, Marine Corps and I made it absolutely clear in both cases that it is 100 percent certain that 9/11 was a Mossad operation. Period.”

~Dr. Alan Sabrosky, PhD, former Director of Studies at the U.S. Army War College

“A highly placed investigator says there are ‘tie-ins’ [between the Israeli spy ring and 9/11]. However, when asked for details, he flatly refuses to
describe
them, saying, ‘evidence linking these Israelis to 9/11 is
classified
. I cannot tell you about evidence that has been gathered. It’s classified information.’”

~Fox News – December, 2001

“There was no question but that [the order to close down the investigation] came from
the White House
. It was immediately assumed at CIA headquarters that this basically was going
to be a
cover-up so that the Israelis would not be implicated in any way in 9/11. Bear in mind that this was a political issue, not a law enforcement or intelligence issue. If somebody says we don't want the Israelis implicated in this - we know that they've been spying the hell out of us, we know that they possibly had information in advance of the attacks, but this would be a political nightmare to deal with.”

~Vince Cannistraro, former CIA chief of counterterrorism

“Why would Iraq attack America or use nuclear weapons against us? I'll tell you what I think the real threat (is) and actually has been since 1990 - it's the threat against Israel.”

~Philip Zelikow, American diplomat – 2002

“The Neoconservatives’ intention in Iraq was never to truly build democracy there. Their intention was to flatten it, to remove Iraq as a regional threat to Israel.”

~Charles Freeman, former U.S. Director of National Intelligence – 2003

“We still ask ourselves: who has benefited from Sept. 11 attacks? I think they [the Jews] were the protagonists of such attacks”.

Prince Nayef, Saudi Interior Minister

“It’s very good [9/11]… well, not very good, but it will generate immediate sympathy [for Israel].”

~Benjamin Netanyahu, Israeli Prime Minister – 2001

“We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq”

Benjamin Netanyahu, Israeli Prime Minister – 2008

On the United States/Israel relationship in general: -

“Israel controls the United States Senate”

~James Fulbright, U.S. Senator – 1973

"[u.S.
Secretary
of State] Baker has used strong language about Israel's political supporters in the past, referring to some members of Congress who support Israel's position as the "little Knesset," a reference to Israel's parliament."

~L.A. Times, - 1992

“… every time we do something you tell me the Americans will do this and will do that. I want to tell you something very clear, don’t worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it.”

Ariel Sharon, Israeli Prime Minister – 2001

“This [u.S. Government] system is totally in control of the American-Jews, whose first priority is Israel, not the United States.”

Osama bin Laden – 2001

“The other thing is that the Jewish lobby is very wealthy and very powerful… because it gives
money
to every politician in Congress practically… politicians in the United States
need money
to get elected because we don’t have publicly funded elections and so they don’t want to have that lobby working against them and politicians who have stood up to that lobby like Cynthia Mckinney… find themselves attacked to the point that the Jewish lobby… the pro-Israel lobby, AIPAC, has funded people to campaign against people like McKinney who was defeated in an election due to that focussed attack on her.”

~David Lindorff, U.S. investigative journalist

“The bottom line is that AIPAC, which is a de facto agent for a foreign government, has a stranglehold on the U.S. Congress. Open debate about U.S. policy towards Israel does not occur there, even though that policy has important consequences for the entire world.”

~
John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt, Professors of Political Science and International Relations

“Believe me, America accepts all our decisions”

~Avigdor Lieberman, Israeli Foreign Minister – 2009

“But you know, the
Congress
is crazy for war with Iran.
Listen to
senator Graham and senator McCain and Joe
Lieberman
. They are owned by the Israelis, the Saudis are very influential, so when you look at these kind of things you have to ask, who would benefit from the war?”

~Michael Scheuer, former CIA officer and Chief of bin Laden Issue Station

“Instead, the thrust of US policy in the region derives almost entirely from domestic politics, and especially the activities of the ‘Israel Lobby’. Other special-interest groups have managed to skew foreign policy, but no lobby has managed to divert it as far from what the national interest would suggest, while simultaneously convincing
Americans
that US interests and those of the other country – in this case, Israel – are essentially identical.”

~John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt, Professors of Political Science and International Relations

The disproportionate influence that Zionists hold in Congress and America in general, not least during years of the Bush administration, is frightful. On this, everyone from professors to intelligence agents and from politicians to journalists agree - even the extremes of Ariel Sharon and Osama bin Laden found rare agreement. Americans should be mad, and one day they may be, but for now we await the inevitable catastrophe, that history shows always comes where the Jewish people are involved. I only hope they change track before we find it is too late.

Edited by Q24
  • Like 2

Apparently, there is a problem with his statement because the Italian govenment sent out a warning to the United States and nothing implicating the U.S. government, but foreign terrorist in the 9/11 attacks.

--The Italian government shared "general" information of possible attacks in March 2001 based on bugs in apartments in Milan.

ITALY: Muslims warn of an attack on the US and Britain using hijacked airplanes as weapons

September 7, 2001: Father Jean-Marie Benjamin is told at a wedding in Todi, Italy of a plot to attack the US and Britain using hijacked airplanes as weapons. He isn't told time or place specifics. He immediately passes what he knows to a judge and several politicians. He states: "Although I am friendly with many Muslims, I wondered why they were telling me, specifically.

I felt it my duty to inform the Italian government." Benjamin has been called "one of the West's most knowledgeable experts on the Muslim world." Two days after 9/11, he meets with the Italian Foreign Minister on this topic.

– An Iranian in custody in New York City told local police last May of a plot to attack the World Trade Center.

– German intelligence alerted the Central Intelligence Agency, Britain's MI-6 intelligence service, Israel's Mossad in June 2001 that Middle Eastern terrorists were training for hijackings and targeting American and Israeli interests.

– Pakistanis were taken into custody June 4 in the Cayman Islands after they were overheard discussing hijacking attacks in New York City; they were questioned and released, and the information was forwarded to U.S. intelligence.

– Indian intelligence shared "general" information in July 2001.

– In July and August, British intelligence shared "general" information that it had learned through surveillance of Khalid al-Fawwaz, a Saudi Arabian dissident who has publicly acknowledged being a bin Laden operative. Fawwaz, suspected of participating in the 1998 U.S. embassy bombing in Kenya, was arrested after Sept. 11.

– Based on its own intelligence, the Israeli government provided "general" information to the United States in the second week of August that an Al Qaeda attack was imminent.

– French intelligence echoed the "general" information in the final week of August.

– Russian President Vladimir Putin has said publicly that he ordered his intelligence agencies to alert the United States last summer that suicide pilots were training for attacks on U.S. targets.

– Millennium bomber Ahmad Ressam testified in closed and open court trials relating to his Dec. 1999 arrest for trying to bring bomb-making materials across the Canadian border that attack plans, including hijackings and attacks on New York City targets, were ongoing.

– An Islamic terrorist conspiracy was uncovered in 1996 in the Philippines to hijack a dozen airplanes and fly them into CIA headquarters and other buildings. Among the discoveries was a plot for a "bojinka" – a big bang. The information was discovered on a computer and noted in the 1997 trial of Ramzi Yousef, one of the 1993 World Trade Center bombers.

– U.S. investigators confirmed in October that a 29-year-old Iranian in custody in Germany's Langenhagen prison last year made phone calls to U.S. police from his deportation cell that an attack on the World Trade Center was imminent in "the days before the attack." The warning was considered the threat of a madman.

– In October, U.S. government officials confirmed that India's intelligence agency had information before the attacks that two Islamist radicals with ties to Usama bin Laden were discussing an attack on the White House. India's information was not provided to U.S. intelligence until Sept. 13.

Sources have also told Fox News that the memo from the FBI Phoenix office about Arabs training in U.S. flight schools never reached headquarters because FBI counterterrorism officials were overwhelmed by the bombing of the USS Cole. The memo ended up "sitting on a shelf," according to sources.

More relevant quotes to add...

On 9/11 and Iraq war: -

“They did it. I have had long conversations over the past two weeks with contacts at the Army War
College
, at its headquarters, Marine Corps and I made it absolutely clear in both cases that it is 100 percent certain that 9/11 was a Mossad operation. Period.”

~Dr. Alan Sabrosky, PhD, former Director of Studies at the U.S. Army War College

“A highly placed investigator says there are ‘tie-ins’ [between the Israeli spy ring and 9/11]. However, when asked for details, he flatly refuses to
describe
them, saying, ‘evidence linking these Israelis to 9/11 is
classified
. I cannot tell you about evidence that has been gathered. It’s classified information.’”

~Fox News – December, 2001

“There was no question but that [the order to close down the investigation] came from
the White House
. It was immediately assumed at CIA headquarters that this basically was going
to be a
cover-up so that the Israelis would not be implicated in any way in 9/11. Bear in mind that this was a political issue, not a law enforcement or intelligence issue. If somebody says we don't want the Israelis implicated in this - we know that they've been spying the hell out of us, we know that they possibly had information in advance of the attacks, but this would be a political nightmare to deal with.”

~Vince Cannistraro, former CIA chief of counterterrorism

“Why would Iraq attack America or use nuclear weapons against us? I'll tell you what I think the real threat (is) and actually has been since 1990 - it's the threat against Israel.”

~Philip Zelikow, American diplomat – 2002

“The Neoconservatives’ intention in Iraq was never to truly build democracy there. Their intention was to flatten it, to remove Iraq as a regional threat to Israel.”

~Charles Freeman, former U.S. Director of National Intelligence – 2003

“We still ask ourselves: who has benefited from Sept. 11 attacks? I think they [the Jews] were the protagonists of such attacks”.

Prince Nayef, Saudi Interior Minister

“It’s very good [9/11]… well, not very good, but it will generate immediate sympathy [for Israel].”

~Benjamin Netanyahu, Israeli Prime Minister – 2001

“We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq”

Benjamin Netanyahu, Israeli Prime Minister – 2008

On the United States/Israel relationship in general: -

“Israel controls the United States Senate”

~James Fulbright, U.S. Senator – 1973

"[u.S.
Secretary
of State] Baker has used strong language about Israel's political supporters in the past, referring to some members of Congress who support Israel's position as the "little Knesset," a reference to Israel's parliament."

~L.A. Times, - 1992

“… every time we do something you tell me the Americans will do this and will do that. I want to tell you something very clear, don’t worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it.”

Ariel Sharon, Israeli Prime Minister – 2001

“This [u.S. Government] system is totally in control of the American-Jews, whose first priority is Israel, not the United States.”

Osama bin Laden – 2001

“The other thing is that the Jewish lobby is very wealthy and very powerful… because it gives
money
to every politician in Congress practically… politicians in the United States
need money
to get elected because we don’t have publicly funded elections and so they don’t want to have that lobby working against them and politicians who have stood up to that lobby like Cynthia Mckinney… find themselves attacked to the point that the Jewish lobby… the pro-Israel lobby, AIPAC, has funded people to campaign against people like McKinney who was defeated in an election due to that focussed attack on her.”

~David Lindorff, U.S. investigative journalist

“The bottom line is that AIPAC, which is a de facto agent for a foreign government, has a stranglehold on the U.S. Congress. Open debate about U.S. policy towards Israel does not occur there, even though that policy has important consequences for the entire world.”

~
John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt, Professors of Political Science and International Relations

“Believe me, America accepts all our decisions”

~Avigdor Lieberman, Israeli Foreign Minister – 2009

“But you know, the
Congress
is crazy for war with Iran.
Listen to
senator Graham and senator McCain and Joe
Lieberman
. They are owned by the Israelis, the Saudis are very influential, so when you look at these kind of things you have to ask, who would benefit from the war?”

~Michael Scheuer, former CIA officer and Chief of bin Laden Issue Station

“Instead, the thrust of US policy in the region derives almost entirely from domestic politics, and especially the activities of the ‘Israel Lobby’. Other special-interest groups have managed to skew foreign policy, but no lobby has managed to divert it as far from what the national interest would suggest, while simultaneously convincing
Americans
that US interests and those of the other country – in this case, Israel – are essentially identical.”

~John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt, Professors of Political Science and International Relations

The disproportionate influence that Zionists hold in Congress and America in general, not least during years of the Bush administration, is frightful. On this, everyone from professors to intelligence agents and from politicians to journalists agree - even the extremes of Ariel Sharon and Osama bin Laden found rare agreement. Americans should be mad, and one day they may be, but for now we await the inevitable catastrophe, that history shows always comes where the Jewish people are involved. I only hope they change track before we find it is too late.

:tu:

Incoming reactions: You're...you're....lying! That's it! None of them ever said that! Even if they did, they didn't mean it! Aaaah, now I can rest my weary head and....oh look the TV's on hahha this shows so funny hahaha ahhh, what were we talking about?

I admire the effort but I think all you're gonna get for it is ^^^ that Q. Good quotes. Saved for posterity.

Incoming reactions: You're...you're....lying! That's it! None of them ever said that! Even if they did, they didn't mean it! Aaaah, now I can rest my weary head and....oh look the TV's on hahha this shows so funny hahaha ahhh, what were we talking about?

Let me put it this way. Where's the evidence that I can turn over to our news agencies and be accepted as viable evidence implicating the U.S government in the 9/11 attacks? And, you should know that I will do just that. I guess he was unaware of the following warning from the Italian government ot the United States warning of an attack.

--The Italian government shared "general" information of possible attacks in March 2001 based on bugs in apartments in Milan.

ITALY: Muslims warn of an attack on the US and Britain using hijacked airplanes as weapons

Nothing there implicating the U.S. government in the 9/11 attack.

Edited by skyeagle409

Italy was one of many countries warning the U.S. of an imminent terror attack by al-Qaeda.

"Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US,"

The August 6, 2001 classified memo titled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US," released by Bush in 2004 under pressure from the 9/11 Commission, is well-known. That memo warned that Osama bin Laden and his al-Qaeda operatives were preparing for "hijackings or other types of attacks" on targets in New York, Washington, DC and elsewhere.

http://www.gwu.edu/~...pdb8-6-2001.pdf

Edited by skyeagle409

Yes Q, thanks again for the good information. It fairly well confirms my suspicions.

He was unaware that the Italian government was one of a number of governments that supplied intelligence information of an imminent attack by Muslim terrorist, which was the alarm bell for him NOT to post what he did.

* March 2001 - Italian intelligence warns of an al Qaeda plot in the United States involving a massive strike involving aircraft, based on their wiretap of al Qaeda cell in Milan.

Just another prime example where 9/11 Truthers came in a day late, and a can short of a 'six-pack.'

Edited by skyeagle409

Apparently, there is a problem with his statement because the Italian govenment sent out a warning to the United States and nothing implicating the U.S. government, but foreign terrorist in the 9/11 attacks.

Edited by chessnovicer

I generally despise bad information. You have provided bad information. There is no story in Corriere della Sera asserting CIA Involvement in 9-11. Please cite a source or stop proliferating disinformation.

I hope you're not suggesting that the CIA has no influence on the media? Influence in think tanks? In politics?

Jesse says when he was elected governor, new guy and everything, he was amazed to discover that the CIA had several people in appointed positions within the Minnesota state government.

I hope you're not suggesting that the CIA has no influence on the media? Influence in think tanks? In politics?

You still have not presented evidence implicating the CIA in the 9/11 attacks. :no:

I am suggesting that information provided by expandmymind is not sourced correctly and in fact there is no record (or no source could be found) of the story by the original source.

The information provided was "Former Italian President Francesco Cossiga, who revealed the existence of Operation Gladio, has told Italy’s oldest and most widely read newspaper that the 9-11 terrorist attacks were run by the CIA and Mossad, and that this was common knowledge among global intelligence agencies. In what translates awkwardly into English, Cossiga told the newspaper Corriere della Sera". I am interested in seeing the original source, not what some source said about what some other source said.

• Like 1

I am suggesting that information provided by expandmymind is not sourced correctly and in fact there is no record (or no source could be found) of the story by the original source.

The information provided was "Former Italian President Francesco Cossiga, who revealed the existence of Operation Gladio, has told Italy’s oldest and most widely read newspaper that the 9-11 terrorist attacks were run by the CIA and Mossad, and that this was common knowledge among global intelligence agencies. In what translates awkwardly into English, Cossiga told the newspaper Corriere della Sera". I am interested in seeing the original source, not what some source said about what some other source said.

Why don't you just Google the original source?

It takes all of 30 seconds to find, probably not even that...

http://www.corriere.it/politica/07_novembre_30/osama_berlusconi_cossiga_27f4ccee-9f55-11dc-8807-0003ba99c53b.shtml

And here's a webpage translator in case anyone doesn't speak Italian: -

http://www.bing.com/translator/

• Like 2

Francesco Cossiga

Controversial statements

In 2007, in a statement published by the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera, Cossiga commented on the 11 September attacks and on a video attributed to Osama Bin Laden 2001. He wrote that "all of the democratic circles of America and of Europe, especially those of the Italian centre-left, now know well that the disastrous attack was planned and realized by the American CIA and Mossad with the help of the Zionist world to place the blame on Arabic countries and to persuade the Western powers to intervene in Iraq and Afghanistan" However, the previous year Cossiga had stated that he rejects theoretical conspiracies and that it "seems unlikely that the rather impossible September 11 was the result of an American plot.

In the same statement, Cossiga claimed that a video tape circulated by Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda and containing threats against Silvio Berlusconi was "produced in the studios of Mediaset in Milan" and forwarded to the "Islamist Al-Jazeera television network." The purpose of that video tape (which was actually an audio tape) was to raise "a wave of solidarity to Berlusconi" who was, at the time, facing political difficulties.

In 2008, Francesco Cossiga told about Mario Draghi: "He is a craven moneyman".

http://en.wikipedia....ancesco_Cossiga

Edited by skyeagle409

I understand your point, and it appears that Q has responded to the issue.

Wondering if you have an opinion regarding how influential the CIA might be with the mainstream media and other governmental functions?

Q24 and Skyeagle409, thanks for the information.

Let's consider the source. One is Osama Bin Laden. The other, a seemingly spiteful and fading politician.

The statements were overly general, expressed in an incoherent manner by a man with a history for lying and deceiving. I am not sure an objective observer can accept it as credible, regardless whether it is true or not.

With that said, there is good reason to believe him given his access to power, access to information and history with groups who would be involved with such plots.

Baeb Ruth, the CIA has been one of the agents of the conspirators. The secrets societies operate in the shadows and shadowy organizations by nature are fertile ground for them to plant and grow their seeds.

With that said, it is common knowledge that the media (unknown to most media staffers) work for these secret organizations. To quote my good friend David Rockefeller:

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time

Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended

our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost

forty years.

"It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world

if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years.

But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a

world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite

and world bankers is surely preferable to the national

auto-determination practiced in past centuries."

David Rockefeller, 1991

These bankers do not take positions as CEOs or directors of media organizations but they sit on Boards and influence the overarching trajectory of global opinions and ideas. Today, many are more accepting of world government, world court, world currency, population control and one world religion than ever in the past.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I generally despise bad information. You have provided bad information. There is no story in Corriere della Sera asserting CIA Involvement in 9-11. Please cite a source or stop proliferating disinformation.

Here is the alleged article: http://www.corriere....3ba99c53b.shtml

Sorry, I didn't realise when I replied that Q had already provided it. Thanks Q.

Edited by ExpandMyMind