Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Live frog found in supermarket salad bag

Still Waters

A live frog has been found in a bag of salad leaves bought by a woman at a Hampshire supermarket.

Christina Carrington, 50, from Chandler's Ford, said she ate some of the salad before realising the frog was in the bag.

Mrs Carrington's daughter discovered the green and brown frog in the salad, purchased at Ringwood's Waitrose store.

In a statement, Waitrose apologised and said it was investigating this "isolated incident".

The palm-sized amphibian, thought to be a pool frog, went unnoticed on Sunday night in Mrs Carrington's fridge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...pshire-19555898

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Simbi Laveau

• Still Waters

• Ever Learning

• Mnemonix

I bet shes lying and put it in her self, the rat in the salad was only just on the news a few days ago. poor little frog

Found a caterpillar in my lettuce once, was not amused but gave him some juicy leafs from the garden.

Edited by Ever Learning

It's only a frog - heck, if you find a bug in your greens you know that (most likely) they haven't soaked the bloody stuff in chemicals/pesticides.

I've seen this before .I want to say it happened in Japan as well . Not too long ago .

I wonder how they end up with the lettuce . They're not lettuce eaters .

That's a big damn frog ! The one in Japan was tiny . Let me see if I can find that article