Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?

Harsh86_Patel

The truth is, there's simply no evidence for mammals before the dinosaurs, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.

The mammal-like" reptiles were more mammal-like than reptile-like, IIRC.

Harte

• Like 1

The truth is, there's simply no evidence for mammals before the dinosaurs, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.

The mammal-like" reptiles were more mammal-like than reptile-like, IIRC.

Harte

You're right, they had more mammal-like caracteristics than reptile-like ones. This being said, it's still impossible for man and dinosaur to have coexisted.

Edit : They call me the typo king......

Edited by TheSearcher

I don't think it happened... But ya gotta admit... It would be awesome if it were true!

I don't think it happened... But ya gotta admit... It would be awesome if it were true!

Not so sure about that, considering we wouldn't be on top of the food chain any more. I'm fairly sure I would not appreciate becoming a dino snack LOL

~~~say fred, yeah barnn..you reckon wilma and betty will be wearing the new tiger dino miniskirts tonight at the bedrock bowl? yeah i hope so barn i need a new up skirt pic of wilma on my irokphone.....

Edited by justcalmebubba

corse you know what i realy wonder about old mother eve had to be pritty damn besy exploreing sex and all with her ol man adam and her other son cain and seth since she was he only woman around at the time mustah been sum pritty stressed sex..fk or be eating by a wild beasty ..hummm wait scratch that ..wonder if thats when oh never mind i reckon eve was pritty horny explorative

No evidence has ever been found suggesting humans and dinosaurs co-existed. Dino and human bones have never been found in the same strata, or were dated to the same period. A belief in this is unfounded on any evidence at all and is more 'wishful thinking' in my opinion.

• Like 1

There are dinosaurs alive today, we co-exist now.

Whether we did millions of years ago? We probably did, or our great ancestors did.

We co-exist now? I would assume that depends of your definition of dinosaur. Care to elaborate?

The fact that people are still "debating" this is disheartening to say the least. Thousands of years of progress just washed down the drain. All because of Wikipedia And fundamental Christians.

Edited by MrY

The fact that people are still "debating" this is disheartening to say the least. Thousands of years of progress just washed down the drain. All because of Wikipedia And fundamental Christians.

I don't think WIkipedia is to blame for once. Fundamental Christians on the other hand.........much more so.

We co-exist now? I would assume that depends of your definition of dinosaur. Care to elaborate?

I believe he is referring to crocodiles

I believe he is referring to crocodiles

That's a debatable statement, as crocodiles are descendants of archosaurs, not dinosaurs. Some tend to be astonished to learn that entirely different kinds of reptiles once ruled the earth, tens of millions of years before dinosaurs. For 120 million years, give or take a few years, from the Carboniferous to the middle Triassic periods, terrestrial life was dominated by the pelycosaurs, archosaurs, and therapsids (the so-called "mammal-like reptiles") , not dinosaurs.

Soft tissue found on dinosaur bones ..................any opinions?

My opinion is that it would probably be very chewy. Not unlike real jerky.

Harte

Harte

Would it be as salty, though? I like salty.

My forte is definitely not paleontology but a sample of fossilized soft tissue has been found. I wouldn't care to chew it.

Source

• Like 1

Harte

Oddly enough, at the our Association of Templars, Rosicrucians, Lizard-Men from Doctor Who and L'il Grey Aliens local 205* brunch this week, cloned Dinosaur soft issue was served. Traditionally, it's chased with a shot of unicorn tears. Only the anointed, part-time saviour descended from the Merovingians gets fresh dinosaur soft tissue.

--Jaylemurph

*Controlling your mind since 18 BCE.

• Like 2

Would it be as salty, though? I like salty.

My forte is definitely not paleontology but a sample of fossilized soft tissue has been found. I wouldn't care to chew it.

Source

So, crunchy then, eh?

Harte

might have tasted just like chicken..... :yes: Some say chickens are last representatives of dinosaurs,but with a twist of faith now the mammals feed on them lol.

So, crunchy then, eh?

Harte

In that case you better be a rock-eating gopher of some kind, otherwise I hope you have a great dentist, that could outfit you with teeth like the character Jaws in the bond movies.

might have tasted just like chicken..... :yes: Some say chickens are last representatives of dinosaurs,but with a twist of faith now the mammals feed on them lol.

Talk about harsh evolution, from velociraptor to chicken......

your_chicken_is_now_a_raptor_by_mynameisnotdavid-d5evqrg.jpg

Rare to find because soft tissue usually decays before fossilisation can take place - but under exceptional circumstances, even soft tissue can - and does - fossilise. Hence why we have found fossilised soft tissue. Simple really.

Rare to find because soft tissue usually decays before fossilisation can take place - but under exceptional circumstances, even soft tissue can - and does - fossilise. Hence why we have found fossilised soft tissue. Simple really.

Scientist Mary Schweitzer and her team had placed a fossilized T. rex bone fragment in an acidic demineralizing bath to study its components and let the process take its full course. If the fossil had been nothing but rock, the bath would have dissolved absolutely everything. Instead, the process left behind soft tissue. When analyzed, the tissue appeared to be the blood vessels, bone matrix and osteocytes (the cells that build bone) of a 68-million-year-old dinosaur. For a full account of the study and the controversy that followed, read How did scientists find soft tissue in dinosaur fossils?

The soft tissue hadn't fossilised.

Ain't seen ye 'round these parts lately, have we?

Harte