Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?

Harsh86_Patel

Evidently it did, so cannot might be the wrong statement. In fact, according to the opinion previous to this find it was claimed that RBC and soft tissue cannot last 1000 years unless chemically treated. in fact, according to the general medical opinion blood cells don't last more than a few days before decomposing into its organic components and not more than a few months before decomposing into its chemical components. But as you see, that is the general rule, confirmed by the occasional exception.

Another smoke screen.

you better explain that one, if you can you might win a Nobel.

Ya you can have exceptions explain any odd happenings or you can actually ponder on the real cause.

Sadly you don't get the nobel prize for pointing out objections.

If they can survive frozen, there's no reason why a similar process such as polymerization as in amber couldn't have the same effect. (which it in fact does as demonstrated by extant preserved specimens) Remove oxygen and exposure to strong energy sources and there's no oxidation and little or no induced molecular breakdown.

Those were not the conditions the bones were found in.

According to McDougall and Harrison (1999, p. 11) the following assumptions must be true for computed dates to be accepted as representing the true age of the rock[4]

• The parent nuclide,

K, decays at a rate independent of its physical state and is not affected by differences in pressure or temperature. This is a well founded major assumption, common to all dating methods based on radioactive decay. Although changes in the electron capture partial decay constant for

K possibly may occur at high pressures, theoretical calculations indicate that for pressures experienced within a body of the size of the Earth the effects are negligibly small.[1]

• The

K/

K ratio in nature is constant so the

K is rarely measured directly, but is assumed to be 0.0117% of the total potassium. Unless some other process is active at the time of cooling, this is a very good assumption for terrestrial samples.[5]

• The radiogenic argon measured in a sample was produced by in situ decay of

K in the interval since the rock crystallized or was recrystallized. Violations of this assumption are not uncommon. Well-known examples of incorporation of extraneous

Ar include chilled glassy deep-sea basalts that have not completely outgassed preexisting

Ar*,[6] and the physical contamination of a magma by inclusion of older xenolitic material. The Ar–Ar dating method was developed to measure the presence of extraneous argon.

• Great care is needed to avoid contamination of samples by absorption of nonradiogenic

Ar from the atmosphere. The equation may be corrected by subtracting from the

Armeasured value the amount present in the air where

Ar is 295.5 times more plentiful than

Ar.

Ardecayed =

Armeasured − 295.5 ×

Armeasured.

• The sample must have remained a closed system since the event being dated. Thus, there should have been no loss or gain of

K or

Ar*, other than by radioactive decay of

K. Departures from this assumption are quite common, particularly in areas of complex geological history, but such departures can provide useful information that is of value in elucidating thermal histories. A deficiency of

Ar in a sample of a known age can indicate a full or partial melt in the thermal history of the area. Reliability in the dating of a geological feature is increased by sampling disparate areas which have been subjected to slightly different thermal histories.[7]

Both flame photometry and mass spectrometry are destructive tests, so particular care is needed to ensure that the aliquots used are truly representative of the sample. Ar–Ar dating is a similar technique which compares isotopic ratios from the same portion of the sample to avoid this problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%E2%80%93Ar_dating

Scientific assumptions based on treating objects as closed systems.

Scientific assumptions based on treating objects as closed systems.

Except there where it is known that it is not a closed system. Like Earth.

• Like 1

I already anticipated your counter about entropy decreasing locally (i.e formation of stars), but my friend have you seen a star form on it's own? You have seen many destroyed stars.It's not about countering you and proving some big point but i am searching for the answers and so should you.The rabbit hole goes really deep.Check the quote under my DP.

Had to laugh at this "rejoinder" :w00t: I see you cut and paste lots of maths (not your own) so how about a cut and paste on the time it takes for a star to be born??? HINT - "slightly" longer than any human's (including Methuselah) lifespan - so the correct answer is NO, never seen a star born :passifier:

• Like 1

Those were not the conditions the bones were found in.

But the material was found inside the bone, I.E. hermetically sealed from the time the pore spaces of the bone were closed.

• Like 1

You assume on both counts that i ascribe to everything a person or institution has to say because i refer to them,the world could be very old and Men and so called jurrasic dinosaurs may have co-existed.I am keeping my options open and trying to think with a open mind.

If this is so, then it would seem that using cremo's material as direct evidence against evolution becomes somewhat less tenable on several aspects.

May I say too you seem to be highly selective as to what you choose to keep an open mind about.

• Like 1

The oxygen level would have been to rich for humans. This way the dinosaurs grew so big and fast. Human or maminals would have be dino chow.

Didn't i just say consider the universe as a closed system but guess all of you skipped that part and are trying to point out the same thing.My previous statement was in context to Abiogenesis and formation of long bio molecules in the absence of a biochemical system.

And didn't I just say that it has been found that self assembling microstructures exhibit an increase in entropy in some cases? I guess you skipped that part. That is, unless you think that self-assembling microstructures likely have nothing to do with abiogenesis, in which case you are beyond hope.

Harte

Re. the universe as a closed system. Just like your example of nobody actually seeing a star form, it is also true that you have never seen entropy increase in some other part of the universe when ity decreases locally.

• Like 2

And I was a huge dinosaur fan when I was a young girl, I still keep up to date in all the new findings.

Marry me now ;)

And didn't I just say that it has been found that self assembling microstructures exhibit an increase in entropy in some cases? I guess you skipped that part. That is, unless you think that self-assembling microstructures likely have nothing to do with abiogenesis, in which case you are beyond hope.

Harte

Re. the universe as a closed system. Just like your example of nobody actually seeing a star form, it is also true that you have never seen entropy increase in some other part of the universe when ity decreases locally.

Was talking about long chain bio molecules and not of microstructures.

Except there where it is known that it is not a closed system. Like Earth.

If that is your reasoning then neither is anything on the Earth a closed system.

The presence of carbon-14 in the isotopic signature of a sample of carbonaceous material possibly indicates its contamination by biogenic sources or the decay of radioactive material in surrounding geologic strata.

Same can be said about almost all organic material that is Carbon Dated and also for the K-Ar dating of geological layers.There are many results of Radio Carbon dating that are discarded because they do not confer with the excpected timeline and attributing the anamoly to contamination.

8th-14th%20Century%20Cambodian%20Stegosaurus.jpg

Stego in cambodian temple pillar.Striking part is the soft tissue on the back is surprising.

There have been many potential alternative theories to explain these but i found difficulty in buying any of them completely and dismissing this.

http://www.ancient-w....uk/ooparts.htm

Scroll to the end to see that DIno and Man prints,the first one is unrefuted and the Smithsonian has also acknowledged the anamaly.Cremo's 'Forbidden Archeology' anyone?

And you know that those are man prints because of.... ?

• Like 1

And you know that those are man prints because of.... ?

The same way you know that Humans and Neanderthals had a common ancestor from which they "Evovled".Fossil evidence as the evolutionist claim is often a tooth around which a whole species is designed,so i guess i would be in safe waters if i said this is a human foot print,or are you suggesting ET's?

8th-14th%20Century%20Cambodian%20Stegosaurus.jpg

Stego in cambodian temple pillar.Striking part is the soft tissue on the back is surprising.

There have been many potential alternative theories to explain these but i found difficulty in buying any of them completely and dismissing this.

If one actually visits Angkor, and sees this relief, it is abundantly clear that the alleged "stegosaur" features (i.e., the claimed dorsal plates) are in fact the tips of an artistically-represented leaf behind the image of the animal. Such leaves are present in the background of all of the numerous animal reliefs there.

The same way you know that Humans and Neanderthals had a common ancestor from which they "Evovled".Fossil evidence as the evolutionist claim is often a tooth around which a whole species is designed,so i guess i would be in safe waters if i said this is a human foot print,or are you suggesting ET's?

So, some claim those were man prints, well I say those were Martian prints. Now what?

• Like 1

So, some claim those were man prints, well I say those were Martian prints. Now what?

But i thought you were a Skeptic.Acknowledging ET presence can be a hugh change in your perception of 'History'.

If one actually visits Angkor, and sees this relief, it is abundantly clear that the alleged "stegosaur" features (i.e., the claimed dorsal plates) are in fact the tips of an artistically-represented leaf behind the image of the animal. Such leaves are present in the background of all of the numerous animal reliefs there.

There are many other reliefs showing many different real animals fairly accurately and they don't have a decorative leaf behind them.In the same place.

There are many other reliefs showing many different real animals fairly accurately and they don't have a decorative leaf behind them.In the same place.

Which ones don't have a decorative relief behind them? And I never said that the relief mightn't represent a real animal; just not a stegosaur. In any case, it doesn't resemble a stegosaur in the least. Even if the leaf tips were actually dorsal plates.

But i thought you were a Skeptic.Acknowledging ET presence can be a hugh change in your perception of 'History'.

You don't stop to think, do you?

Which ones don't have a decorative relief behind them? And I never said that the relief mightn't represent a real animal; just not a stegosaur. In any case, it doesn't resemble a stegosaur in the least. Even if the leaf tips were actually dorsal plates.

Most children drew Stego resembling the relief in modern times.Doesn't have to be a carbon copy to be true.Also did you check the petrified Man and DINO prints recognised as a anamoly by the Smithsonians and not originally found by 'creationists' whom you so detest.

You don't stop to think, do you?

"Human brain can't stop to think,but Humans can pause action" another one of evolutions mysteries.