Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?

Harsh86_Patel

Most children drew Stego resembling the relief in modern times.Doesn't have to be a carbon copy to be true.Also did you check the petrified Man and DINO prints recognised as a anamoly by the Smithsonians and not originally found by 'creationists' whom you so detest.

Now I know you're just ripping off creationist sites. I read verbatim what you just said on a creationist site as an excuse for why a "stegosaur" relief wouldn't be anything like a stegosaur. Intriguingly, the pathetic argument doesn't stand up when one considers the fact that if one actually looks at ancient artwork and representations of animals that they had seen (as opposed to mythical/imaginary ones), they are stunningly accurate. Even the oldest artwork we have, even in cave paintings by Neanderthals and archaic Homo sapiens, of horses, deer, mammoths, etc., it doesn't matter the animal, they depicted them with painstaking accuracy. If you're suggesting that the people who carved the Angkor relief of the alleged "stegosaur" actually saw a living stegosaur, one would certainly expect a more realistic representation. (Have you seen the statues of elephants at Angkor? They're stunningly life-like.)

"Human brain can't stop to think,but Humans can pause action" another one of evolutions mysteries.

Um... what?

Um... what?

Stand up comedy, I believe, stand up comedy.

• Like 2

Now I know you're just ripping off creationist sites. I read verbatim what you just said on a creationist site as an excuse for why a "stegosaur" relief wouldn't be anything like a stegosaur. Intriguingly, the pathetic argument doesn't stand up when one considers the fact that if one actually looks at ancient artwork and representations of animals that they had seen (as opposed to mythical/imaginary ones), they are stunningly accurate. Even the oldest artwork we have, even in cave paintings by Neanderthals and archaic Homo sapiens, of horses, deer, mammoths, etc., it doesn't matter the animal, they depicted them with painstaking accuracy. If you're suggesting that the people who carved the Angkor relief of the alleged "stegosaur" actually saw a living stegosaur, one would certainly expect a more realistic representation. (Have you seen the statues of elephants at Angkor? They're stunningly life-like.)

Um... what?

Yes i did read 'creationist' and 'atheist' sites before posting the image.And as i mentioned under the image i couldn't buy any alternate theories regarding the same completely.

BTW- Paintings are easier to make then sculptures.I read your 'decorative leaf' arguments on one of the atheist sites also about it representing a horned lizard or a asiatic rhino etc.

Also: pause a moment and try if you can turn of your brains or can you stop thinking? how did that evolve?

Edited by Harsh86_Patel

Most children drew Stego resembling the relief in modern times.Doesn't have to be a carbon copy to be true.Also did you check the petrified Man and DINO prints recognised as a anamoly by the Smithsonians and not originally found by 'creationists' whom you so detest.

This is a pretty good read about the carving: http://www.paleo.cc/paluxy/stegosaur-claim.htm

This is a pretty good read about the carving: http://www.paleo.cc/...osaur-claim.htm

Have read it and also few others like

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/dinosaur/2009/03/stegosaurus-rhinoceros-hoax/

But like i said that i found very little substance in the alternative theories and didn't buy any of them completely.

Of course, the idea of 'decretive rhino' or 'from a stegosaur skeleton' are much more unlikely, have little substance then, say, bloody real stegosaurs. If they were in fact living and jaunting about and hanging out, why aren't there more sculptures depicting stegosaurs? Let me guess, conspiracy?

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 1

Of course, the idea of 'decretive rhino' or 'from a stegosaur skeleton' are much more unlikely, have little substance then, say, bloody real stegosaurs. If they were in fact living and jaunting about and hanging out, why aren't there more sculptures depicting stegosaurs? Let me guess, conspiracy?

Besides the little fact that we are talking about Angkor Wat here (12th century), not about some antediluvian civilization that left us no written documents about its living conditions. If there would have been a Stegosaurus somewhere at that time in Asia we would know about it.

Just another creationist smoke screen. And I find it amazing how many they need to just keep the slightest notion of verosimility.

Also: pause a moment and try if you can turn of your brains or can you stop thinking? how did that evolve?

it evolved because no creature with a brain ever has that brain "shut down". you can't stop thinking because your brain never stops working.

it evolved because no creature with a brain ever has that brain "shut down". you can't stop thinking because your brain never stops working.

I beg to differ...it is quite obvious that there is a percentage of posters on UM who have indeed 'stopped thinking'.

• Like 4

Probably he was depicted in a pre-existing lore book only in that particular culture and didn't attract anymore artists,though you can go with conspiracy.

Besides the little fact that we are talking about Angkor Wat here (12th century), not about some antediluvian civilization that left us no written documents about its living conditions. If there would have been a Stegosaurus somewhere at that time in Asia we would know about it.

Just another creationist smoke screen. And I find it amazing how many they need to just keep the slightest notion of verosimility.

We have no written records from Angkor Vat other then the stone inscriptions on temples etc,so they didn't even write about trees,ice etc.

Probably he was depicted in a pre-existing lore book only in that particular culture and didn't attract anymore artists,though you can go with conspiracy.

And naturally you can point us to the lore book.

And naturally you can point us to the lore book.

I don't know if there was one,was just giving an alternative to conspiracy.

We have no written records from Angkor Vat other then the stone inscriptions on temples etc,so they didn't even write about trees,ice etc.

We have no written records of Angkor Wat but we certainly do of about every culture that surrounds them. And they do not know about any Stegosaurus either. And we have records of those who traded withe the Khmer empire, don't contain no xSaurus either.

Another smoke screen.

I don't know if there was one,was just giving an alternative to conspiracy.

No, it seems to me that you are running out of creationist yaddah and now are trying hard to make something up to keep at least a semblance of credibility.

Your problem is that on UM you are, mostly, not dealing with idiots.

We have no written records of Angkor Wat but we certainly do of about every culture that surrounds them. And they do not know about any Stegosaurus either. And we have records of those who traded withe the Khmer empire, don't contain no xSaurus either.

Another smoke screen.

Have you been smoking while writing these posts or reading them?

Do you know all the items that are there in the Convenience store just because you shop there.

http://urbantitan.com/10-most-bizarre-animals-recently-discovered/

We moderns took a long time to find out the above so cut the ancients some slack and stop putting up smoke screens.

Do you know all the items that are there in the Convenience store just because you shop there.

http://urbantitan.co...tly-discovered/

We moderns took a long time to find out the above so cut the ancients some slack and stop putting up smoke screens.

Dinosaurs were everywhere in large numbers unti their sudden demise. The creatures in your link were never...ever...large in population. If the ancients had been in close proximity to any dinosaurs, we should have seen some indication of them in art and literature.

The problem with this thread is that the Dinosaurs all died millions of years before modern Humans.

http://urbantitan.co...tly-discovered/

I don't need to smoke anything to reflect the facts, now making things up creatively might require that for unimaginative minds.

I don't need to smoke anything to reflect the facts, now making things up creatively might require that for unimaginative minds.

And what are the facts.The relief isn't real or is a forgery or is a lizard with a decorative leaf?

And what are the facts.The relief isn't real or is a forgery or is a lizard with a decorative leaf?

Facts are that the whole wall shows animals that actually still live in the surroundings of Angkor, except what you want to call a stegosaurus. Does not need much imagination.

Unless of course you are bend on compressing 120 million years of earths history in some 5000 years.

Yes i did read 'creationist' and 'atheist' sites before posting the image.And as i mentioned under the image i couldn't buy any alternate theories regarding the same completely.

BTW- Paintings are easier to make then sculptures.I read your 'decorative leaf' arguments on one of the atheist sites also about it representing a horned lizard or a asiatic rhino etc.

It's really irrelevant what the relief actually represents (it could very well be a mythical animal), apart from the fact that it is clear that it is not a stegosaur.

In any case, yes, I can stop thinking; it's called meditation. How did that evolve? It's a simple feature of a brain; not thinking is a default position from thinking, ergo, it is intrinsically more simple. In any case, the question is malformed and absurd. "How did it evolve"... how idiotic.

Man dinosaur did co exist. Instead of looking around for todays input on it, why cant we go back in time and find out. I have the info right here and it comes from the Kolbrin Bible. This is from the Book of Manuscripts, the scroll of Emod. I cant attach a link to it, since i have the PDF form of the book, so i will simply copy and paste the phrase where it tells that we lived alongside the dinosaur.

There were butterflies like birds and spiders as large as the outstretched

arms of a man. The birds of the air and fishes of the waters had hues which dazzled the eyes, they lured men to

destruction. Even insects fed on the flesh of men. There were elephants in great numbers, with mighty curved

tusks. The pillars of the Netherworld we unstable. In a great night of destruction the land fell into an abyss and

was lost forever. When the Earth became light, next day, man saw man driven to madness.

All was gone. Men clothed themselves with the skins of beasts and were eaten by wild beasts, things with

clashing teeth used them for food. A great horde of rats devoured everything, so that man died of hunger. The

Braineaters hunted men down and slew them.

If anyone still doubts or whatever, simply reply to this and i can send you an attachment somehow to this book and it will tell. This is the same book that talks about Nibiru, but back then, it was called the Destroyer. I have info that I am willing to share and debate if need be. The truth is here and all you have to do is look for it.