Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

no such thing as astral travel

NocturnalWatcher

Conciousness and it's tiers/multi levels, is not a "belief system" --- belief systems belong to the ego.

To see an example, develop your own consciousness. You are wasting your time if you think others experiences can develop your conciousness. Only raw experience can do that I'm afraid.

Ego can function as servant to deliver instruction. Transcending the Ego is a noble journey, but make no mistake, it is a culturally constructed concept = a belief system (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I tried astral projection before with no luck. I believe in outer body experiences because I have experienced spontanious "religious visions" which seem like they could be similar. The only astral projection I have done so far is having my astral arm come out of my arm. I felt like I may begin to astral travel, while in meditation, but then I was scared and stopped myself. To me astral travel is an interesting concept and probably highly adventurous and exciting for those who can do it. I also think that it is just an advanced type of dreaming. But I believe that dreaming is not something that happens as a result of our individual minds only, but incorporates other aspects of the world we live in and the heavenlies (universe/other dimensions that are unknown/mysterious to us), if this were not the case, there would be no other type of psychic evidence, which in my opinion has been proven time after time after time.

If there was no connection between our minds and the atmosphere, then I would say astral travel wouldn't be possible, but I am not a skeptic. I believe it is possible. Just like I believe the stories I hear about near death experiences. If near death experiences are possible, why shouldn't astral travel be? It just seems that the average ordinary person is unable to achieve this. We don't NEED to experience everything do we? We experience what we experience, and to me, that is the way it is supposed to be. I can say that trying to astral travel puts me to sleep and I think it may have enhanced my dream life, which is well indeed.

Another poster said: "You are wasting your time if you think others experiences can develop your consciousness. Only raw experience can do that I'm afraid.", I think that's where its at...

I tried astral projection before with no luck. I believe in outer body experiences because I have experienced spontanious "religious visions" which seem like they could be similar. The only astral projection I have done so far is having my astral arm come out of my arm.

That's really cool. I hadn't heard of anyone else having this happen to them also! What color was it?

Go look up string theory, then look up quantum physics. Then, note that half of the "experts" on said subject do NOT agree.

We can't even come up with a theory that covers physics and gravity at the same time. What makes you think we are prepared to handle the mysteries of the mind?

Look around you at all the "facts" we have known in life that have suddenly changed as humanity grows. The very first theory of gravity put earth as the center of the universe. It took hundreds of years for science to prove them wrong, and despite having proof in the form of planets moving in a certain fashion, no one believed we were not the center of the universe till it was proven with math. And even then, the equation that was the proof...is now considered incorrect!

I am all for science and theories but we obviously don't know everything yet. If you want to be a troll fine, but try to come up with something other than science to back up your argument. Science has been wrong about a lot of things, quite often.

• Like 3

Since you have an open mind, I will post some on the subject for you as a mystic. Its very hard to describe in words!

Consider that there is a life force or soul of individual consciousness within your body, this level usually remains in the body and sometimes disconnects during "astral" or near death experiences. Some people are able to consciously develop it & control it.

It's really all about consciousness, there's DNA RNA encoded memories and they are the program of creation and life that is a cellular sort of consciousness. There's a natural life force that only wills bodily survival, a subconscious linking to that and the regular consciousness. Regular consciousness can somehow at times link to even higher levels. The highest Unity of all levels is what mystics refer to as God or Cosmic consciousness.

You can also think of it this way, your body is a physical light bulb, the electric is cosmic life force, and the light produced is consciousness. There are many colors of light depending on the type of bulb some are "astral".

There are many different and lower & higher levels of this experience and the proof to yourself is when you discover something you perceived in this state REALLY happened. It's a very personal and spiritual event that changes your whole perception of life. It's very difficult to even connect to your own subconscious and understand consciously so you can imagine how hard it would be for someone to connect to the higher levels without much experience. Sceptics don't believe it or try to comprehend it, but who cares if they don't?

I will give another parable like explaination why most people can't do it or just reach the level of lucid dreaming which is the beginning of connecting to the subconscious.

These fields of consciousness act are like a worm that develops into a butterfly more or less and the body is a caccoon.

While a worm you crawl and eat of the leaf but after the death like experience in the caccoon you become the butterfly that can walk, fly and eat of the nectar! Not all worms live to become what they were meant to be, They just go from egg to worm because they die before they become a butterfly if you know what I mean. There's a lot of mystical symbolism about death and ressurection in so many cultures that is actually referring to this evolution of the soul that can free of the body even before death.

I think most people who sincerely want to try it make the mistake that they are trying to leave the body when you are really just trying to expand this field of consciousness to encompass a larger area outside of the body.

If you see with your eyes have you really left where you are?

If you are blind does that mean others can not see?

You have to go into the center of your being in order to connect to a larger field of consciousness that unifies these other different levels of consciousness and life force fields.

It is much harder to develop a field that "disconnects" from the center and actually goes out more or less seperately.

I think many who fail to experience the astral level, it's because they are trying to fly before they grow their "wings" then wonder why they can't do it!

You have to go within to the center and connect before you can "project " into the higher levels consciously. Mystics sometimes refer to this as connecting to the "heart" center and taking it to the "third eye".

Thanks for this post, it means a lot to me...

• 2 weeks later...

*snip*

Mod Edit - FYI; Sock puppetry is disallowed here, and coming here to accuse others of being sock puppets, con artists, attention seekers, fakes based on your bias and ill informed opinions towards astral projection and psychics is not an appropriate way to post here, or a legitimate reason for which to create a thread to drive such views towards.

See the following:

3h. Sock puppetry: Do not post under more than one alias at the same time or pretend to be more than one person via multiple accounts.

3d. Trolling: Do not troll the forums. We define 'trolling' as the act of causing deliberate disruption or offense. Such behaviour usually involves the posting of intentionally false, controversial or offensive comments designed to provoke, bait and annoy other members

3e. Flamebaiting: Do not taunt or bait another member in to an argument.

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

Consider this a formal warning and i don't want to see any more posts or threads like this again from you in the future.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
troll post removed
  • Like 1