Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is this beast?

Nighter

With the drawing and description I'm about to give, if you had to categorize this what could it be (or be related to)?

Primarily a quadruped, but can move on two legs as well. Roughly 9 feet long and anywhere between 5 and 6 feet tall when on all fours. Not capable of true flight (glides) and uses wings for threat displays. External ears that can be folded into ridges in skull, hide is covered in the same scale-like texture you'd find on an ostriches or emus legs (as opposed to scales.) Has fur-like covering on chest and skull, stiff dark feather-like growths from wing phalanges, featherless spines and 'fur' can be raised on upper body when threatened. Very wide vocal range, good at sound mimicry. Has serrated teeth, three eyelids (two close sideways, outer eyelid reflective black) a barbed tail, poisonous barbs on upper hind legs and talons. Assumed to be carnivorous.

Coloring - unknown (most likely black feathers.)

birdlizardthing.jpg

Looks like something you saw in a bad dream.

Unfortunately, it isn't real.

Ok, thank you simbi. So thus far we have dragon/griffin.

No thanks to everyone who didn't even bother to think on it and I never said it was real or not either. Troll much?

In this section of the forum you'd think to get more serious answers than not, wouldn't you? Maybe not though.

Edited by Nighter
  • Like 1

you asked wat it was....it looks just like a drawing, you gave no circumstances in which to label it. so you give us a description and no back story. we dont know if it was a dream or something you just thought of......

• Like 6

Very nice drawing! :tu:

Reminds me of a Japanese spirit dragon because of the feathers. (even though I think it's fur they usually have)

Ok, thank you simbi. So thus far we have dragon/griffin.

No thanks to everyone who didn't even bother to think on it and I never said it was real or not either. Troll much?

In this section of the forum you'd think to get more serious answers than not, wouldn't you? Maybe not though.

What a Jack ass,You draw something that you made up,you give no explaination to what you saw or dream of and have the gall to come over here and then talk crap to the people who you asked help for. No one here is trying to fight with you but then again maybe your looking for a fight .Go somewhere else if thats the reason your here.I do admit that its a good drawing worthy of tatooing and my compliments to who ever drew it, But you should really explain yourself more if you really want people here to give you the answers your looking for,We are not mind readers and we are not here to judge you but it seems you are here to either judge us or make fun of us,I Don't speak for everybody but I do concider the people here on this site my Friends even if at times I argue with them and It chaps my hyde when they get attacked for nothing,You asked a question that was uncomplete and got mad when they answered you,Chill dude,Just make your questions clear. Enough said.
  • Like 7

Until you start calling people down for this crap then you need to get used to this sort of thing happening. In this guy's case he's a real piece of work.

Obviously a dog man/hyrax/chupacabra/dragon thingy...translation: imagination. While it's ok to imagine stuff, it's just good form to let others know that from the get/go.

• Like 9

Obviously a dog man/hyrax/chupacabra/dragon thingy...translation: imagination. While it's ok to imagine stuff, it's just good form to let others know that from the get/go.

Very true......but where's the drama in doing it that way?

How did you get a portrait of me? <_<

• Like 1

With the drawing and description I'm about to give, if you had to categorize this what could it be (or be related to)?

Primarily a quadruped, but can move on two legs as well. Roughly 9 feet long and anywhere between 5 and 6 feet tall when on all fours. Not capable of true flight (glides) and uses wings for threat displays. External ears that can be folded into ridges in skull, hide is covered in the same scale-like texture you'd find on an ostriches or emus legs (as opposed to scales.) Has fur-like covering on chest and skull, stiff dark feather-like growths from wing phalanges, featherless spines and 'fur' can be raised on upper body when threatened. Very wide vocal range, good at sound mimicry. Has serrated teeth, three eyelids (two close sideways, outer eyelid reflective black) a barbed tail, poisonous barbs on upper hind legs and talons. Assumed to be carnivorous.

birdlizardthing.jpg

Excellent portrayal of an eight-ribbed lizard-bird. The wings extend out from the rib cage.

Excellent portrayal of an eight-ribbed lizard-bird. The wings extend out from the rib cage.

This quick pencil drawing is also the best evidence by far of your made up animal. What does that tell you?

Who cares what it is - you should definitely run and get it tattooed on your chest. And I mean covering your whole chest. Maybe even have the tail wrap around your waist.

The chicks will totally dig it - trust me.

• Like 1

birdlizardthing.jpg

I'm not sure. Some back story would be helpful. Are you playing a game of "Guess WTF I'm talking about?", you made something up and looking to see if someone can come up with a good name, trying to describe something you saw or something someone else told you they saw, a description you read about somewhere?

It kind of looks like something out of anime or D&D to me. Or maybe something from a video game.

It's not a griffin though- those are usually described basically as front half of an eagle, back half of a lion, and the drawing looks nothing like that. .

Edited by rashore
  • Like 1

He just asked a simple question .It was a genuine question .

If you don't like the question,just move on .

When I click on a topic,I either know about it,or I do not,or I think its a troll post .

If I don't know,or its a troll post ,I generally move on .

Who cares if its hand drawn,or mythical ?

Answer if you think you can help,or move on .?

I do not see the need to berate someone,just because you have no vested interest in their question .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 3

He just asked a simple question .It was a genuine question .

If you don't like the question,just move on .

When I click on a topic,I either know about it,or I do not,or I think its a troll post .

If I don't know,or its a troll post ,I generally move on .

Who cares if its hand drawn,or mythical ?

Answer if you think you can help,or move on .?

I do not see the need to berate someone,just because you have no vested interest in their question .

I agree with you, and it looks to me like a griffin maybe some type of hybrid mix. excellent drawing btw :tu:

• Like 1