Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Widespread protests against U.S.

Ashotep

So why aren't the protesters voicing their anger over foreign policy? Why are they losing their **** over a movie if, as you claim, it's just fluff? Why are they demanding actors be killed instead of policy makers.

American foreign policy has caused plenty of issues but blaming it on the riots makes no sense. If there's any misdirection going it's the clerics demanding that anyone who questions or mocks their faith be killed.

They've been voicing their anger over our policy for decades. Be prepared for people who hate and resent us to flip out over the slightest provocation. How many times does this need to be proven before we stop asking these questions?

If someone was mocking your wife in public, if someone was teasing your kid, if someone insulted what you love, would you put an end to the bullying or would you run away with your wife's respect, your child's self esteem, and your pride in tatters?

They've been voicing their anger over our policy for decades. Be prepared for people who hate and resent us to flip out over the slightest provocation. How many times does this need to be proven before we stop asking these questions?

If someone was mocking your wife in public, if someone was teasing your kid, if someone insulted what you love, would you put an end to the bullying or would you run away with your wife's respect, your child's self esteem, and your pride in tatters?

I would make a comment and walk away because I am a better man then the bully. I would still have my wife's respect and my child's self esteem is my responsibility. You can't hurt my pride because I know who and what I am.

• Like 3

Someone in another thread asked the same thing, I asked what he would do and got no answer. What do expect a civilised human being to do...beat the crap out of them? Pull out a gun and shoot them? I would have less respect for my husband if he reacted violently and couldn't restrain himself because of something someone said. I wouldn't be with a man like that to begin with. The only time violence is called for is in self-defense and someone's life is in danger.

What would you do?

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

Someone in another thread asked the same thing, I asked what he would do and got no answer. What do expect a civilised human being to do...beat the crap out of them? Pull out a gun and shoot them? I would have less respect for my husband if he reacted violently and couldn't restrain himself because of something someone said. I wouldn't be with a man like that to begin with. The only time violence is called for is in self-defense and someone's life is in danger.

What would you do?

i would ask why ? before i make any assumptions.

but than if i really did beat that someone up .. would the ppl around you , ask and think the same? no. they would just say = omg poor guy is being beaten up ! what a violent guy, we must stop him .. whats wrong with him. beating up someone where his wife and kids are around ! the truth is . he is beating that guy up because he is defending his kid,wife . .. ( as a man you must do that ) from the view of a man that is self defend.

but the ppl that is watching it .. have no clue . no, they have no clue at all ..

like us watching the news...... seeing muslims killing ! (because of the negative film ) ?no there is more to it ! they are just defending something precious to them . thats all to it ! if you cant understand that fact you are worse.. !

What would you do?

and how many lives of arabs-muslims usa have destroyed already .. millions ? and STILL !

go riots ! am loving this even though it may take the attention away from an urgent matter of my country

i feel better watching people protesting against usa :D

i would ask why ? before i make any assumptions.

but than if i really did beat that someone up .. would the ppl around you , ask and think the same? no. they would just say = omg poor guy is being beaten up ! what a violent guy, we must stop him .. whats wrong with him. beating up someone where his wife and kids are around ! the truth is . he is beating that guy up because he is defending his kid,wife . .. ( as a man you must do that ) from the view of a man that is self defend.

but the ppl that is watching it .. have no clue . no, they have no clue at all ..

like us watching the news...... seeing muslims killing ! (because of the negative film ) ?no there is more to it ! they are just defending something precious to them . thats all to it ! if you cant understand that fact you are worse.. !

Grown men, that are secure within themselves, don't do that. Maybe you'll learn this when you grow up.

Edited by Michelle

It's not difficult for those who want to be offended to find a reason.

BUT, of all the possible legitimate reasons for the extremists of the Islamic faith to take issue with the Western world, and the USA specifically, this 'movie' has to be the most ridiculous.

There is no double standard in the western world when it comes to criticism of religion, you could easily find examples of Americans, Brits, French or any nationality insulting any religion you wanted to name.

For most Brits, blasphemy is an everyday part of language.

Criticising religion is not something that is ever going to stop in the secular west.

We have an expression "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me".

If people really do want to get exercised over some stupid badly made movie designed to offend them then that's their right. If they want to PEACEFULLY PROTEST over that movie then that's fine too.

Even if they want to protest outside of an embassy simply because the person who gave the percieved offence is from that country.

BUT!

Attacking embassies and murdering diplomats are the actions of barbarians and the spontaneous outpouring of regret and shame expressed by the Lybian people shows that they reject this barbaric and shameful behavior.

The Diplomatic mission and what it represents is the very cornerstone of international relations and has roots that span thousands of years that almost every civilised nation has always respected regardless of their faith/religion or race. When any group or nation disregards this fundamental tennant of international relations the implications are dire.

You don't have to like a country to respect it's diplomatic mission. You can even be engaged in hostilities, but you don't murder their diplomats.

Official messengers and representatives have always been granted immunity from harm and safe passage, the diplomatic mission is simply an extension of this ages old tradition. Even those opposed to US or western policy in the M.E should UNRESERVEDLY condem ANY physical attack on an Embassy or member of the diplomatic staff.

i already said am against killing over a movie

but protesting .. even burning flags yeah i actually enjoy

watching protests against a country that dictated and killed my people for so long is priceless to me

espeically a country that decided to launch modern " crusades " on us .. from the mouth of the lunatic bush him self

united states needs to know that we will not stand silent when they mock us and mock our religion and insulting us

watch hollywood uses racisim against us

it's not a single case .. it's a pattern

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmVoSZk_fvo[/media]

and how many lives of arabs-muslims usa have destroyed already .. millions ? and STILL !

go riots ! am loving this even though it may take the attention away from an urgent matter of my country

i feel better watching people protesting against usa :D

You sound like you would be thrilled to see every American dead. I'm glad I know Arabs and Muslims that have more sense or you might make me think they are all like you. You appear to be the stereotypical, Hollywood movie villain Muslim...or just a troll. Either way, you aren't doing the Arab or Muslim image any favors

• Like 2

You sound like you would be thrilled to see every American dead. I'm glad I know Arabs and Muslims that have more sense or you might make me think they are all like you. You appear to be the stereotypical, Hollywood movie villain Muslim...or just a troll. Either way, you aren't doing the Arab or Muslim image any favors

said i enjoyed the riots and protests not killing

is it kinda of western methods with you guys when you got nothing to say you claim stuff on other people behalf ?

none the less i take nothing back as there was nothing wrong in my post

for further education .. read the post above and the video says it all

Protests are fine, although protesting about a crappy movie no one has ever heard of is just silly. Rioting just causes any kind of message to be lost in mindless violence.

• Like 2

Then the people should be protesting policies. Protesting a crappy movie just makes them look like morons.

Ok for that to be any kind of valid comparison my reaction would need to be to demand that the bully and his family to put to death and hold the entire city responsible for the actions of the bully. Does this seems like a rational response to you?

Edited by Corp
  • Like 1

said i enjoyed the riots and protests not killing

is it kinda of western methods with you guys when you got nothing to say you claim stuff on other people behalf ?

none the less i take nothing back as there was nothing wrong in my post

for further education .. read the post above and the video says it all

I'm simply hoping the Arabs and Muslims in the US stay safe and people don't start taking it out on them. Their population is small here and they are very vulnerable.

even riots are fine with me .. as long there's no killing

especially a poor guy that has nothing to do with nothing about the movie

but i think violence is the only language usa speaks is the opinion forming after

long years of suffering and death done by usa toward arabs .. did that ever occured to u ?

america lost number of people in terrorists attack of 911 what they did ? they started wars

muslims lost millions .. litraly millions died by usa armies and weapons and you expect them to usa-friendly ?

still i think killing is way to much .. to me it's alright to let anger our burn those flags and all

but murder is murder and the guilty should be put behind bars

and personally i think like i said before ..they should punish the responsiable for death of ambassador

the same way usa punished the soliders who raped women in abu graib .. fair enough no ?

I'm simply hoping the Arabs and Muslims in the US stay safe and people don't start taking it out on them. Their population is small here and they are very vulnerable.

time only knows

Knight y'all really don't know do you. It is not about us and you, it is about the elite holding on to power. Whether it is a King, a CEO, cooperation, or cleric. They pull the chain and we follow. There is a song I don't remember who wrote it only that came out during the cold war. "There are do Russians there are no Yanks only corporate criminals playing with tanks" Does anybody remember that song. Anyway, that is what is really going on. Bono? Maybe?

Sept 22 is worlds largest drum circle, join me.

Edited by Darkwind
  • Like 2

and personally i think like i said before ..they should punish the responsiable for death of ambassador

the same way usa punished the soliders who raped women in abu graib .. fair enough no ?

Thank you.

Then the people should be protesting policies. Protesting a crappy movie just makes them look like morons.

They've been protesting policies for decades. And that made them just look like terrorists.

Ok for that to be any kind of valid comparison my reaction would need to be to demand that the bully and his family to put to death and hold the entire city responsible for the actions of the bully. Does this seems like a rational response to you?

I didn't ask you for a hypothetical irrational response. I asked you for your response.

They've been protesting policies for decades. And that made them just look like terrorists.

Protests do not make them look like terrorists. Killing people, attacking embassies, and generally resorting to senseless violence over a minor manner.

I didn't ask you for a hypothetical irrational response. I asked you for your response.

You're the one who made the irrational comparison. But to answer you I'd defend my family against the bully. But again your comparison with the current situation is deeply flawed.

• Like 2

yet is the key word here

they should make more insulting movies so all muslims become upset :D

Muslims appear to be easily 'upset'.

• Like 1

I asked you what you would do? Am I not worthy of a response or are you ashamed of what it would be?

Edited by Michelle

People will never learn. By all accounts this is a tenth-rate piece of crap of a movie. And no one had heard about it until they all went off their heads. I bet the producers are delighted with this impromptu global marketing campaign.

Didn't something similar happen with "The last temptaion of christ"? That was crap as well.

Knight y'all really don't know do you. It is not about us and you, it is about the elite holding on to power. Whether it is a King, a CEO, cooperation, or cleric. They pull the chain and we follow. There is a song I don't remember who wrote it only that came out during the cold war. "There are do Russians there are no Yanks only corporate criminals playing with tanks" Does anybody remember that song. Anyway, that is what is really going on. Bono? Maybe?

Sept 22 is worlds largest drum circle, join me.

"The Walls Came Down," by The Call.

• Like 1

I would make a comment and walk away because I am a better man then the bully. I would still have my wife's respect and my child's self esteem is my responsibility. You can't hurt my pride because I know who and what I am.

What comment would you make, before you attempt to walk away intact?

If you let what you love get mocked repeatedly over time and all you do is walk away, you know what you are, so what are you? What am I supposed to call that?

What would you do?

Someone's life has been in danger in the Middle East for nearly 60 years thanks to our foreign policy. So you just gave violence the biggest endorsement you possibly could. If you have been (mis)led to believe that these Muslims just now got the idea to start protesting the US over a Youtube video then I can only suggest for you self study the history of US foreign policy in the region because I'm not going to start a clinic here.