Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Widespread protests against U.S.

Ashotep

The riots in Sydney were just pathetic. Hundreds rioting, fighting and causing damage. The police ask them why they are rioting, they respond with "We're here to show our devotion to the prophet." How? by assaulting police just doing their jobs? Scaring families out doing some Sunday shopping? Destroying property? Or making your kids hold signs like this:

786997-protest-involves-children.jpg

They were just there to be violent. No point was being made by them.

These sort of things never used to happen in Australia. Now they are becoming more common and most of the time it's from these Muslim groups.

That's not a Muslim thing. That's a riot thing. I've never understood the concept that if something upsets me on a primal level it would make me steal a TV then set something on fire, but from as often as it happens, I must be in the minority.

Ok the film should not have been made, but the Muslims are looking for any excuse to have a go at the Western Powers,burning flags and hopping up and down shouting Jihad, but this also gives America and its allies the perfect excuse to say "right we've had anough of this crap,we are no longer interested in bringing you lot into the modern world,so take a long walk off a short pier,and coninue murdering each other". (as they do), The President is given the perfect excuse to withdraw troops immediately,from all Islamic Countries,You just cannot trust any of them,and I've been saying this for years.because the killing of innocent people will go on and on and on,whether we are there or not.

• Like 1

That's not a Muslim thing. That's a riot thing. I've never understood the concept that if something upsets me on a primal level it would make me steal a TV then set something on fire, but from as often as it happens, I must be in the minority.

I know that. I was trying to say they were causing all this chaos and their reasoning was 'To show their honour towards the prophet'. We already know they have high regards for their prophet, they don't need to go on a violent rampage to prove it. These types of people, no matter what race/religion/whatever, are the people I don't want in this country.

If there was at thread about Australians going on a violent riot over something silly then I would be saying the exact same thing. In this topic it is Muslims, I wasn't trying to pick that group out.

:)

Edited by DKO
  • Like 2

I know that. I was trying to say they were causing all this chaos and their reasoning was 'To show their honour towards the prophet'. We already know they have high regards for their prophet, they don't need to go on a violent rampage to prove it. These types of people, no matter what race/religion/whatever, are the people I don't want in this country.

If there was at thread about Australians going on a violent riot over something silly then I would be saying the exact same thing. In this topic it is Muslims, I wasn't trying to pick that group out.

:)

Oh, I know. I wasn't accusing you of anything. The thread is about the riots Muslims are perpetrating in various places. I was just pointing out that it seems to me to be a part of human nature that mobs always lose sight of what usually starts as a gathering to show their outrage at something and devolves to the lowest common denominator - steal stuff, break stuff, hurt people.

And Spud, I disagree with the idea of what you said because I don't believe the Western governments are simply looking for an excuse to pull out of the area. As long as there's trouble, there's money to be made by those who own our politicians. If anything, they'll see it as an excuse to pour MORE troops and money into the area.

• Like 1

I`m started to believe this flim was just use by the religious muslims fanatics to incite the riots all over the middle east. The libya attack was preplanned most likey by Al quada on 9-11.Just have to say how could a small off beat stupid film in far away westen land, be well known to so many people in the eastern lands, when the people in the western lands didn`t even know that much or anything about it? The religous muslim fanatics are just trying to incite the people to riot.

• Like 2

Would that be as oppposed to being viewed soley from the Israeli POV?

Absolutely. Even if the Israeli issue didn't exist, an Iranian bomb would scare the Sunni powers that be in the region into starting or buying their own bombs. So yeah, I see that as a potential threat. The biggest issue with these weapons in that region is the volatility and lack of communication there. It will NOT be like the cold war situation. The world leaders these days simply seem less mature about it all. And they only get one mistake.
  • Like 1

If the US uses these events (ie: the murder of an a US ambassador who had no ties to this film other than by virtue of his nationality) as a moral gauge to calibrate their own, then they'd be perfectly justified in indiscriminately murdering the population of any country who's citizens burned an American flag. Keep that in mind next time anyone tries to low play these acts of violence.

If the countries under attack by these vicious morons would respond with similar force (like Russia and China would, no doubt), things would have quieted down very soon.

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.

You think you can force your idiotic religious and medieval ideas, rules, and fantasies upon us? You can't stand a silly joke and want to kill people because of that?

Good, we will make it clear we will NOT accept that.

NEVER.

Period.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Btw, I just had a 'little chat' (face to face) with some of them, so excuse my vehemence.

I am not politically correct, and I don't give a flying fk about it.

People want to kill me or my friends or family? Good, but be prepared you will not only have to deal with politically correct softies ... there will be those who will do to you what you want to do unto them.

Edited by Abramelin

I seriously don't understand the Muslim reasoning. Its horrible that someone made that film and they consider it blasphemy against Muhammad, a sin, but its fine murdering and destroying property and lying about the US making this film. Which I know some came out against it but I'm afraid their numbers are few.

They arrested some atheist guy in Egypt for posting the movie on his website.

Time is ticking...

At some point the socalled common people will not accept these violent outbursts of religious idiots anymore.

We don't need politicians with their agendas to tell us what to think and what to do and how to behave.

I have had more than enough of these people. Both politicians and religious retards.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

I seriously don't understand the Muslim reasoning. Its horrible that someone made that film and they consider it blasphemy against Muhammad, a sin, but its fine murdering and destroying property and lying about the US making this film. Which I know some came out against it but I'm afraid their numbers are few.

They arrested some atheist guy in Egypt for posting the movie on his website.

I don't mean to single them out for criticism but I think the attitudes of a couple of members here from that region seems to sum up the overall feelings of those involved: The West/Christians caused our pain by supporting dictators and stealing from us. Oversimplification sure, but if you take a massive, under educated, highly religious population and give them such clear motivation then this kind of behavior can be turned on and off at will by the clerics.
  • Like 1

The French had better be prepared because of that cartoon. I hope they don't lose any of their freedom of speech over this. They are only doing it because they know it will fire them up but I guess if it goes on enough maybe they will eventually grow tired of protesting.

Anyone remember a South Park episode years ago where they showed the prophet of Mohammed? No one kicked up a fuss, I didn't even realise it was an offence to do it. Then that Dutch guy draws a simple cartoon with him and he gets killed over it!

Oh, I know. I wasn't accusing you of anything. The thread is about the riots Muslims are perpetrating in various places. I was just pointing out that it seems to me to be a part of human nature that mobs always lose sight of what usually starts as a gathering to show their outrage at something and devolves to the lowest common denominator - steal stuff, break stuff, hurt people.

And Spud, I disagree with the idea of what you said because I don't believe the Western governments are simply looking for an excuse to pull out of the area. As long as there's trouble, there's money to be made by those who own our politicians. If anything, they'll see it as an excuse to pour MORE troops and money into the area.

Hi Sam12six, I didnt say that we were Looking for an excuse to leave those countries,I said they could use this as an excuse,never mind,I agree with your "money" theory,but these Muslim guys are looking for any excuse to attack the West,I've seen the movie and its pathetic,but how many movies have been made, making fun of our religeon, like the Monty Python series,yet I dont remember us rushing off into the streets hopping up and down and shooting off guns.A lot of Muslims are peacefull people who are leaving their own countries to come to the West and we allow them in, if you went to their places and asked for asylum you would probably be shot as a spy.Cheers

If the US uses these events (ie: the murder of an a US ambassador who had no ties to this film other than by virtue of his nationality) as a moral gauge to calibrate their own, then they'd be perfectly justified in indiscriminately murdering the population of any country who's citizens burned an American flag. Keep that in mind next time anyone tries to low play these acts of violence.

Hi, We have had our flag burned a few times in London, in full view of the Police who watched but did nothing , so are we tolerating these fanatical outbursts or just treading softly ?..I can't see it getting any better if the authorities just stand by.

Hi Sam12six, I didnt say that we were Looking for an excuse to leave those countries,I said they could use this as an excuse,never mind,I agree with your "money" theory,but these Muslim guys are looking for any excuse to attack the West,I've seen the movie and its pathetic,but how many movies have been made, making fun of our religeon, like the Monty Python series,yet I dont remember us rushing off into the streets hopping up and down and shooting off guns.A lot of Muslims are peacefull people who are leaving their own countries to come to the West and we allow them in, if you went to their places and asked for asylum you would probably be shot as a spy.Cheers

First of all, The Life of Brian was a divinely inspired true historical account of what went on in Jesus's day. :devil:

I'll definitely agree that there are a lot of people in the region praying for a chance to hurt us (us being mostly the US and her European allies). I think it's a two-pronged concept:

Religiously, there are fanatics of every flavor. Also culturally, they don't have the same standards of escalation we in the West have (by that I mean what they consider the proper response to a given offense). This is not unique to that area. My uncle is from the Philippines. One day at work, a guy said something he thought was insulting. The next day, my uncle brings 2 knives to work, tosses one to the guy and challenges him to a knife fight. I don't want to go as far as to call anyone primitive, but a lot of cultures haven't undergone the cultural revolutions that have occurred in the West (look back a couple of hundred years and in the US and Western Europe, people were as likely to try killing someone for something we'd consider minor as they are in the Middle East today).

Politically, the leaders in the region have learned what leaders have learned throughout history - give the people an enemy and they won't think too hard about how YOU'RE treating them.

It's kinda off topic, but I've always found the fact that Christians and Jews seem in alliance against Muslims. From the religious perspective, Islam and Judaism are more similar than Judaism and Christianity. Their lifestyle (food restrictions and whatnot) are also more similar. I'd think they'd be the natural allies against Christians.

First of all, The Life of Brian was a divinely inspired true historical account of what went on in Jesus's day. :devil:

I'll definitely agree that there are a lot of people in the region praying for a chance to hurt us (us being mostly the US and her European allies). I think it's a two-pronged concept:

Religiously, there are fanatics of every flavor. Also culturally, they don't have the same standards of escalation we in the West have (by that I mean what they consider the proper response to a given offense). This is not unique to that area. My uncle is from the Philippines. One day at work, a guy said something he thought was insulting. The next day, my uncle brings 2 knives to work, tosses one to the guy and challenges him to a knife fight. I don't want to go as far as to call anyone primitive, but a lot of cultures haven't undergone the cultural revolutions that have occurred in the West (look back a couple of hundred years and in the US and Western Europe, people were as likely to try killing someone for something we'd consider minor as they are in the Middle East today).

Politically, the leaders in the region have learned what leaders have learned throughout history - give the people an enemy and they won't think too hard about how YOU'RE treating them.

It's kinda off topic, but I've always found the fact that Christians and Jews seem in alliance against Muslims. From the religious perspective, Islam and Judaism are more similar than Judaism and Christianity. Their lifestyle (food restrictions and whatnot) are also more similar. I'd think they'd be the natural allies against Christians.

It's a family resemblance. Cousins, you know? But go figure... everyone seems to have a hatred of the Jewish people. Except God :tu:

And p***y little moaners will be happy to blame it all on the US.

The US isn't the bobblehead bureaucrats that you and Hilander can't stop cheering for as they blow other people into hamburger meat while you keep expecting nobody to get violent about that.

I'm the one in the room that constantly suggests we let the entire region sink or swim on its own merits and stop whining about the results we get independent of our own blood and treasure. If you want to dump your dough on that waste and mess, write your own check.

It's a family resemblance. Cousins, you know? But go figure... everyone seems to have a hatred of the Jewish people. Except God :tu:

I don't hate Jewish people, and would rather have a Jewish person behind me with a Uzi,than a Muslim with an AK47.And I admire Israel for their no nonsence stand against the surrounding Nations.
  • Like 1