Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Google Maps Street View Captures A Ghost

Java4u

Open Google Maps - Strret View, or open Google Earth and type in the following address:

114 Stimpson St. Watertown WI

Once there, zoom into the building's window 2nd from the left and you will see a ghost standing in front of the window.

The appearance seems to be that of a woman with long brownish hair, a white shirt, tan pants, and dark shoes.

Trully amazing photo !!Google.jpg

Google2.jpg

I can see what you're talking about but it just looks like the curtains, wall, and part of the bushes make up a shape that kind resembles a person. Just coincidence IMO.

• Like 1

I know where curtains go...

the top part of the "body" looks like someone has a television on inside the house. The rest is just as I said, curtains, wall, bushes. Pareidolia

• Like 4

To me it looks like someone looking out the window and the white bit under the window sill is probably a bird in flight blurred. But interesting photo though, at first glance it looks like a ghost!

The white part is actually a reflection off glass. If you look at the other windows, you can notice it there too. Only without the curtain and bushes and the rest of the stuff that makes it look like a ghost.

I know where curtains go...

the top part of the "body" looks like someone has a television on inside the house. The rest is just as I said, curtains, wall, bushes. Pareidolia

Then explain the arm -- which is above and below the window pane ?? eh ??

I saw the title,ans thought,ooowwwsss,finally,something really interesting....

Came in ....JT .

Feh ..*stalks off*

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Pareidolia - EXPLAINED

Forgive me if im wrong, but what are the google street cars in the country in question? Im guessing maybe a chrysler voyager, in white perhaps? and maybe the actual google camera is a big black thing mounted on the roof? which in turn, reflected into a window COULD give the illusion of a person in that window or before it? Seeing as google street cams are 360 degree and take multiple images. they dont stop the car every 5 feet and take a snap.

Another explanation for the "arm" could be that there is an old pane of glass leaning against the wall, thus continuing the reflection beneath the window sill. Its very slim I know, but perhaps the glazier has popped down to the deli for a sandwich or was abducted by aliens which just missed the google street cam car..

Edited by Redefining Success

Curtains are usually inside of a room, but this photo clearly shows the outline of an apparition

You need to go to the store to buy another box a straws to clutch at

• Like 3

This site is a joke !!

Why do the members try to debunk everything with skeptism ?

The next thing you'll know is that you'll even debunk the existence of God.

IDIOTS

This site is a joke !!

IDIOTS

If the answers are not what you had hoped for, try better next time.

Here is your "ghost" :

GoogleGhost.jpg

Still nothing to be seen.

• Like 1

This site is a joke !! Why do the members try to debunk everything with skeptism {sic}?

IDIOTS

Hi, java4U. Determined to make friends after just 5 posts? :D

Being a GE expert, I'm guessing you actually DID notice that there is a wide stitched zone at exactly the point you have zeroed in on (note the blurring and displaced segments of the tree), and that, of course, that means that a computer algorithm has smeared the actual image data and blended it at that point to overcome the inevitable perspective distortions.

This, as you well know, means that trying to infer any meaning to the mostly false data in that zone is meaningless. I know that you would have told everyone here this eventually, and you were just waiting for the right moment - so I apologise for jumping the gun.

Anyway, back to you - I'd like to learn some more!

• Like 4

This site is a joke !!

IDIOTS

There's a forum for that.

• Like 6

It Does Look Interesting At First Glance .. But If You Take A Second And Look Closely It's Obvious It's Just Paraedolia ..

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

This site is a joke !!

IDIOTS

WHy even bother making a comment if don't like this site? If you do NOT like this website then go some where else. Every one has an opinion and most cases with photos, it can be easily explained and telling some one thing than human/machine error is clearly what floats your boat.

Jerry: "Hey john i got like a thousand orbs in my photo!"

John: "Where did you take the picture?"

Jerry: "In the attic after i was moving things around before I took this picture"

John: "It most likely be dust John [begins to explain about dust reflecting the flash]"

Jerry: "Oh john you just a skeptic"

Really?

• Like 5

That "arm" is way too long to be anatomically correct. And the rest is just vague blurry blob that you are translating into a person. We all do it, but the wise person can judge afterwards whether what they yhink they are seeing is actually the case.

Thank goodness there are people who pore over google street map view images to try and alert the rest of us to the "ghosts in our midsts". Holy crap. I just wasted 3 minutes of my life trying to see the 'ghost' that is most likely a reflection of the window the picture was taken through.

Edited because I was being a jerk.

Edited by orangepeaceful79
  • Like 2