Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Godzilla Gets Release Date

Simbi Laveau

I'm unsure if I find this great, or awful news. I remember when I was younger and the American movie was released, and I loved it. When I got older I started to watch the older ones, and now I'm doing my best to get a copy of each japanese godzilla movie. They are just superior in my opinion.

Will this new one give us the godzilla created from a rubber suit with atomic breath, or a overgrown iguana who doesn't fight monsters?

Actually, I quite liked the look of the monster in the US version. For that matter, it would have been a rather enjoyable monster movie... if it hadn't been called "Godzilla"... Call it "The giant monster that ate New York" or something.

Taken on it's own merits that movie was fun... Taken as a reboot of Godzilla, it failed in so many ways...

Sort of the way I feel about that "Dawn of the Dead" "Remake" - taken on it's own, it was great. Taken in light of what came before... well, not so much.

• Like 2

Awesome bring it on. :clap:

• Like 3

Not to sound morbid or anything, but at least Godzilla will have a more realistic back story now if they go the radiation route.

Sad,but true .Fukushima is the perfect spring board . A few Japanese directors have touched on it ,in New movies ,so...its not "too soon".

I thought the 1998 version had some good points, but it completely fell apart when they went all Jurassic Park raptor/baby Godzilla fight at the end.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the 1998 version had some good points, but it completely fell apart when they went all Jurassic Park raptor/baby Godzilla fight at the end.

I need to watch that movie again . I barely remember any of it . I loved how he appeared as one of Godzillas foes in Godzilla Finals Wars though .

You have not truly experienced giant monsters until you have seen Italian "Kaiju" titled: Yeti: Giant of the 20th Century (1977)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgmHQzuGZ_A

And lucky viewers can see its glorious entiriety here:

Sorry breaking into the thread with more off topic material but this film represents trash cinema at its peak hilarity.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Akita Takarada ,who was in at least 5 of the Japanese Godzilla movies ,including the first one ,Gojira ,and the last one ,Godzilla:Final Wars,has been cast to be in the new USA reboot.

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2013/03/28/original-godzilla-star-set-to-appear-in-new-reboot?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+geeksofdoom+%28GEEKS+OF+DOOM%29&utm_content=Yahoo%21+Mail

Joining him is fellow Japanese actor ,Ken Watanabe .

• 2 months later...

Full cast and crew are up !

Juliette Binoche and Ken Watanabe seem to be headliners

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831387/

Elizabeth Olsen is in it. She's the younger sister of the Olsen twins . She's also in the remake of Old Boy .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm so excited about this :sk

This is brilliant. I've always loved monsters.

• Like 1

Lets try that with sound...

[media=]

[/media]

taun, you are absolutely correct. The greatest Godzilla film made. Ever. Emotional yet pragmatic. Godzilla doing his own stunts, not using a dude in a rubber suit. Bambi's little legs sticking out at the end, heralding the birth of a new civilization perhaps? And let's not forget Godzilla. Silent this time, not venting his rage at crap American producers and Matthew Broderick for destroying his timeless message and turning it into a tune up for The Avengers destruction of NY.

I too dream of a simpler time, a time of Godzilla dreaming of Mothra and all his fellow mutants, including the Teenage Ninja variety, all sharing the waters around Tokyo, emerging occasionally to wipe most of Japan off the map.

Happy times indeed.

• Like 2

12803683_gal.jpg

Best movie ever.

haveabeer_zpse671de9d.gif

As far as classic monster movies....I agree, the best one ever.

I kinda have a "best" class for about every genre of movie.

And I agree, the 1998 USA Version with the super steroid velociraptor type monsters was a big stinker to me..loser_zps6ae02eae.gif

They could have done a LOT better....IMHO...

• 2 weeks later...

We had a Godzilla festival (me and the kids) a while back. We saw 3-4 of the old ones and they loved it. :tu:

So did I, in a nostalgic kind of way.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love Godzilla movies... exclusively the Showa series (1955-1975). And other kaiju movies such as Johnny Sokko And His Flying Robot, Gamera, etc.

Great movie, I kinda prefer War Of The Gargantuas myself though.

The heisei Series absolutely destroys the Showa films. Especially with films like, Godzilla vs Destroyah, and King Ghidorah.

Some absolutely fantastic Gamera Films were made in that time as well.

Edited by progressivegamer44
  • Like 1

The heisei Series absolutely destroys the Showa films. Especially with films like, Godzilla vs Destroyah, and King Ghidorah.

Some absolutely fantastic Gamera Films were made in that time as well.

I love Gamera.

I still think it's a shame they could never be in the same movie.

• 1 month later...