Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Death Valley is hottest place ever recorded

Saru

In 1913 a temperature of 56.7 degrees Celsius was recorded in California's infamous Death Valley.

For nearly a century the Mediterranean city of El Azizia in northern Libya has held the official title for having been the hottest place on Earth ever recorded.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

Confirmation at last! California = Hell.

(only kiddin)

Depends what part of California you live in. I live in a valley that regularly has temperatures between 100 - 110 fahrenheit(sometimes higher during a bad heat wave) during summer. It's never below 95 unless we're having a cold spell. Before this year, we had 3 or 4 cool summers in a row, that was nice. This year has been worse since we're getting Arizona's monsoon weather for some reason and it's bringing in all this muggy air.

But then I could take a 20-30 minute drive over the mountains and suddenly emerge in 70-80 degree weather.

• Like 1

I have friends at both ends. Northerners ,and mid state,are much cooler than southerners .

• 2 weeks later...

Regularly gets to 40degrees plus in Perth West Australia in simmet

usually for a week a tear high 30s with a few 40plus days. If it's 39 or 45 it still feels the same, Effing hot!