Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Star Trek Series !

Simbi Laveau

Be still my foolish heart...I really hope this new Trek series comes to fruition *fingers crossed*.

Edited by Lilly
spelling...again
  • Like 2

Sure hope it is is not going to be another like Deep Space 9.......Please god no !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 4

I wonder if mule taste like chicken. I am not holding my breath but I would love to see Star Trek back on TV.

• Like 2

Sure hope it is is not going to be another like Deep Space 9.......Please god no !!

DS9 was great!

It was 'Enterprise' that really sucked the big one!

• Like 1

Can they get it right this time and capture the pure essence of the original series or once again let us down only time will tell. :alien:

• Like 1

DS9 was great!

They both sucked

lol @ the last part of your post ....

Edited by Beckys_Mom

I wonder if mule taste like chicken. I am not holding my breath but I would love to see Star Trek back on TV.

Darkwind your profile quote is putting WAY too much pressure on me!! LOL

• Like 3

DS9 was great!

DS9 was like mall in space. I never could see what was so great about a mall. At least with Enterprise they traveled and it had a dog in it.

• Like 5

I liked them all ,but the original will always be my fave .

Worf rules. Captain Worf will rock !!

Think of the guest cameos .WOOOOOOOT !

• Like 1

When someone says to me, "live long and prosper"...I seriously mean it when I say, "get a life."

William Shatner sums it up quite well here:

• Like 1

When someone says to me, "live long and prosper"...I seriously mean it when I say, "get a life."

What does that have to do,with anything. I doubt anyone would say live long and prosper to you,given you are so rude.

Any show,on the air now ,has nutty fans . So what .

Any new show on now,sucks,compared to any star trek show.

Crap like secret circle,raising hope,nikita ? X factor ,dancing with the stars ,glee ?

How many damn reality shows......must we endure ...?

Real tv shows, have been destroyed by idiot network execs ,pandering to morons who think big brother and the voice,are kewl .

Lucille Ball put Star Trek on the air .......and its too bad she isn't around now,to do something ground breaking,instead of the same old slop .

So,if people who like star trek ,want to be happy a new star trek series might be in the wings,that doesn't mean we are all out of our mind trekkies,with Spock bedsheets ,and tricorder tooth brushes .

You don't like star trek ,well then go talk on another thread .

We heartily apologise for offending you lame aesthetic senses with our mindless drivel *rolls eyes*

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Poor grammar tsk tsk .. . Sure hope it is is not ? Sigh ... I face palm myself...

• Like 2

What does that have to do,with anything. I doubt anyone would say live long and prosper to you,given you are so rude.

Any show,on the air now ,has nutty fans . So what .

Any new show on now,sucks,compared to any star trek show.

Crap like secret circle,raising hope,nikita ? X factor ,dancing with the stars ,glee ?

How many damn reality shows......must we endure ...?

Real tv shows, have been destroyed by idiot network execs ,pandering to morons who think big brother and the voice,are kewl .

Lucille Ball put Star Trek on the air .......and its too bad she isn't around now,to do something ground breaking,instead of the same old slop .

So,if people who like star trek ,want to be happy a new star trek series might be in the wings,that doesn't mean we are all out of our mind trekkies,with Spock bedsheets ,and tricorder tooth brushes .

You don't like star trek ,well then go talk on another thread .

We heartily apologise for offending you lame aesthetic senses with our mindless drivel *rolls eyes*

I like Star Trek. It's among the best written science fiction, relying on characters and plot to develop the story rather than only special effects as many other do.

What William Shatner is doing here is called comedy.

Sorry to offend.

Live long and proper.

DS9 was great!

"Enterprise" started to actually get pretty good in season 3... It tried to do some cool stuff with it's entire season long story arc. The problem was that it could never quite repair the basic damage done to it by it's first two seasons.

And, of course, the damage done to the show every episode by way of it's grotesque pop song...

• Like 1

Worf is working on a Worf Star Trek? I wonder what the time frame will be and if we see any familiar faces.

I thought it was going to be Star Trek Federation. - LINK

In his statement, Fuller said:

Bryan and I are big fans of Trek and have discussed a take on what we would do, and we would love to do it. I don't think anything is going to happen in any official capacity until after the next movie comes out. And I’m sure it would be wisely under J.J. Abrams’ purview of what happens. He's the guardian of Trek right now.

While that may be somewhat disheartening news for fans eager to have Trek back on the small screen, despite Fuller's hesitance, common sense suggests that Paramount and Abrams certainly see the potential in a new series, provided it's done right, of course. Given Abrams penchant for producing hit television, especially within the sci-fi realm - and Fuller's past credits on Star Trek: Voyager,along with Pushing Daisies and Heroes, the idea of a Fuller/Singer collaboration with the support of J.J. Abrams sounds like a sure-fire hit.

The question remains, however, whether this proposed Star Trek series would be based directly on the lore established in Abrams’ films, or if it will take its cue from Bryan Singer’s unproduced Star Trek: Federation series?

Edited by psyche101

Worf has all the charm and personality of a dog turd.

Here's hoping this series only exists in the delusional mind of an unemployed and desperate Michael Dorn, because its as stupid an idea as basing a Cheers spinoff around the character of Cliff.

Odo is the logical 'Frasier' of the DS9 universe and should have had his own show a decade ago.

Edited by Golly Buster

• 1 month later...

Some Problems with every ST series and flick so far:

Personal weapons don't recognize potential targets. A modern Isreali coldwar gun does. Won't fire if it's going to miss the perp.

A weapon should recognize forms, dividing them two ways: what space the form occupies, and the inversion of the space it doesn't occupy ("ecerything but" the form, in the event there is interference with the form-scan). It should also recognize individual people of any "race" (once seen) so it can follow them through any mixup of bodies, and recognize all known animals and their communication displays.

Computer is actually dumber than conscious thought. People steal shuttles, beam themselves places, shields don't activate unless some lethargic moron says so to the next moron, weapons don't fire at most vulnerable available points of known craft, and away teams can't count of computer interaction.

Even if away teams had interaction, Computer has no Behavioral Science installed! Everybody lies without getting challenged. (Tough on the script-writer, of course, to write a script not based on people deceiving people. Where do the obstacles come from then? No obstacles, no plot. But, come on guys! It's very future fiction!)

Textiles are not "aware". They don't see, or hear, or detect chemicals, or even know what's going on in the bodies they are covering. These are also things we can do already! ---though not very elegantly. Textiles should be linked to ship AI. The ship should always know far more than any person, and react faster in specified perview: always make AI more independent, like a child.

Let's face it: ST is virtually the gold-rush. Six-shooters would serve approximately as well.

Human beings are never invaders in the stories, except as they can learn and repair the damage. They can slip up and fix it. They are never under-evolved for an encounter.

STOS had one incidence, poorly staged, where "higher beings" took human form just to interact with Kirk and Spock, who disgusted them by resorting to violence.

But actors can't do "higher beings" or act disgusted except as dissembling deepseated guilt.

And we have the imp, Q, who clearly is not a higher being; just all-powerful.

It's never a mistake, in the stories, to force our habitual improprieties on the vast expanse beyond our cringing globe.

To go where no man has been invited. The choose the neighbor's orchard because he has strange fruit. As if distancing Sol from other stars were an accident rather than a precaution.

It isn't understood, by the usual psychologists, that there is in fact another traumatic amnesia and stroke, besides the familiar shock of violence: the trauma of an encounter requiring far more evolution from us than we can muster. Beauty-trauma!

Man encountering higher evolution would probably not make it back home. His ship would become an asylum without a doctor. Only the AI would know where it was and where it might go for help, if no one decided to "improve it" as schizophrenics are so inclined to do. "Computer! Zero is not a number! Delete all zeros!"

They'd been saying the next Trek was going to focus on the Klingon empire. This could be taken as either confirmation or denial.

For the record, I agree with Becky's Mom. DS9 was nowhere near Enterprises level of stupid but it was always too much like a soap opera for my taste.

http://screenrant.co...n=zergnet_30196

Michael Dorm confirms he's working on a Captain Worf series .

vIQapla'

Drinks Labatt's? Is that something to be proud of?

I admit I'm an Enterprise fan. But it took some time to go from hate to like. I liked the action.

I dreaded the sermons from the arrogant Jean Luc and the orgasmic "readings" from Troi. (Watch episode one? I think).

But I would still rather watch TNG over most any other non science fiction offering on TV.

Worf? Sounds like it won't lack action!

• Like 1

Really?

Everyone I've talked to loved DS9 to pieces.