Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's your geekiest hobby?

Bling

Word searches, crossword puzzles, piano, gardening, baking and cake decorating.

I sound like an old lady more than a geek.

I play video games too, but really only Super Mario and Donkey Kong. :P

• Like 3

I play video games too, but really only Super Mario and Donkey Kong. :P

You should check out a documentary "The King Of Kong". It's got a really cool story to it, and is absolutely hilarious at times. It also screams geek through a lot of it, but in an endearing way. :P

MV5BMTc5MzU3NTkzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDQwNzE1MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

You should check out a documentary "The King Of Kong". It's got a really cool story to it, and is absolutely hilarious at times. It also screams geek through a lot of it, but in an endearing way. :P

MV5BMTc5MzU3NTkzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDQwNzE1MQ@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

I just watched a few parts, that guy with the glove..Mark something? Hilarious. :lol:

Hmm, well I have a room where half the walls are covered in shelves of Native American items, some of them passed down via family and some of them bought, like pottery and weavings and blankets and kachina dolls and all that. I collect swords/knives too, on a different wall I've got an old Japanese sword hanging in a wood and glass case, and then a machete and a couple sets of daggers and some other things. So, those are probably 2 of the nerdiest things I collect, and I Love making jewelry and learning about different cultures as hobbies.

• Like 1

Hmm, well I have a room where half the walls are covered in shelves of Native American items, some of them passed down via family and some of them bought, like pottery and weavings and blankets and kachina dolls and all that. I collect swords/knives too, on a different wall I've got an old Japanese sword hanging in a wood and glass case, and then a machete and a couple sets of daggers and some other things. So, those are probably 2 of the nerdiest things I collect, and I Love making jewelry and learning about different cultures as hobbies.

Nah, nothing geeky about native american stuff (unless you wear it full time and run around demanding that people call you Running Deer) or swords (unless you run around dressed like a samuri and expect people to call you Bushido).

• Like 1

Lately I've been collecting stuff like this:

Hot-Toys-Captain-America-30-X2.jpg

red-skull-first-avenger-3.jpeg

Part of my actual collection:

8000306321_5186f8c002_z.jpg

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 1

Nah, nothing geeky about native american stuff (unless you wear it full time and run around demanding that people call you Running Deer) or swords (unless you run around dressed like a samuri and expect people to call you Bushido).

Mule, I think I'm going to give you my figurative "Person of the Day" sticker, because that comment made me crack up :P I just recently changed jobs, but when I was doing management for an alternative health center, we were really small so all the practitioners and I knew each other well enough, and we used to come up with wrestling names for each other. I was "The Mighty Midget", and we had some other ones that were really funny, like one of my coworkers was really tall and skinny, so I started calling him "The Iron String-bean", and then a bunch of our clients just followed suit. I know a lot of Natives acknowledge in their own philosophies that they believe in a concept at least similar to totem animals, and in Southern California I most often spent time with other members of the Apache tribe, and when any number of us got together we might go by "Westernized" names, or if a tribal name (many of which include some animal) was established we might use those interchangeably with your day-to-day ones. But no, I don't have people at work or anything calling me Sitting Lark or Red Deer.

• Like 1

I collect merchandise to do with this guy:

happy-fairy-tail-25654712-600-436.jpg

He's Happy from the anime Fairy Tail :D So far I have 4 plushies, 1 bag, a wallet, 6 little Happy's on my keychain (I have less keys), 5 mobile phone charms and a little figurine :D

When I saw Sweetpumper's Captain America figurine, I thought it was a real person in a costume, until I scrolled down to the legs. I used to have a set of Resident Evil action figures still in the boxes when I was a teen. I was so proud that I kept them pristine, but somehow lost them in the move...

Mule, I think I'm going to give you my figurative "Person of the Day" sticker, because that comment made me crack up :P I just recently changed jobs, but when I was doing management for an alternative health center, we were really small so all the practitioners and I knew each other well enough, and we used to come up with wrestling names for each other. I was "The Mighty Midget", and we had some other ones that were really funny, like one of my coworkers was really tall and skinny, so I started calling him "The Iron String-bean", and then a bunch of our clients just followed suit. I know a lot of Natives acknowledge in their own philosophies that they believe in a concept at least similar to totem animals, and in Southern California I most often spent time with other members of the Apache tribe, and when any number of us got together we might go by "Westernized" names, or if a tribal name (many of which include some animal) was established we might use those interchangeably with your day-to-day ones. But no, I don't have people at work or anything calling me Sitting Lark or Red Deer.

Awesome, but you're not going to blindfold yourself, spin around three times and THEN apply the sticker. Especially if its tail-shapped. Thats a donkey thing.

Mighty Midget? Sound like it blows up one of my other geeky hobbies: Assigning voices and physical properties to the UM posters. I had you pegged with a kinda scratchy, young Susan St James voice and about 5 foot 9. Mighty Midget makes you sound a wee bit shorter....

But no, I don't have people at work or anything calling me Sitting Lark or Red Deer.

I will call you Talks With Fingers

• Like 1

Awesome, but you're not going to blindfold yourself, spin around three times and THEN apply the sticker. Especially if its tail-shapped. Thats a donkey thing.

Mighty Midget? Sound like it blows up one of my other geeky hobbies: Assigning voices and physical properties to the UM posters. I had you pegged with a kinda scratchy, young Susan St James voice and about 5 foot 9. Mighty Midget makes you sound a wee bit shorter....

Me next! Me next!

• Like 1

You want SS to play pin the tail on the Hasina?

Well, I meant the whole 'what do I sound like to you' thingy but I'm always up for party games. ~O(<that's a balloon)

• Like 1

I would not be shocked if you were south of five foot. Five three tops. And you have anna kendricks voice. Which is making life tough for anna not being able to speak anymore.

The only t.v. I watch is the science channel. Otherwise I'll go to the movies sometimes.

I have a very large board game collection ranging from Arkham Horror, Risk(3 different versions), The Settlers of Catan, Dixit and many many more.

I got bored a few weeks ago, went into my backyard and made a Doro Dango ball out of the dirt. My niece promptly destroyed it.

After I watch a really good movie or play a really good game I'm compelled to research all of the lore I possibly can about it.

The only Halloween costumes I have ever worn I made myself. Back in high school my friend and I once printed life-sized photographs of each others heads, wore the exact same clothes and swapped photo-masks and went as Doppelgangers all day.

• Like 1

After I watch a really good movie or play a really good game I'm compelled to research all of the lore I possibly can about it.

I did this after watching the movie "Telstar: The Joe Meek" Story 3 days in a row.

Try more than half a foot shorter, and my voice is only scratchy in the mornings sometimes, or a couple days after I go to certain concerts. Edited by ScreamingSarcasm
  • Like 1

Try more than half a foot shorter, and my voice is only scratchy in the mornings sometimes, or a couple days after I go to certain concerts.

I guess we can cross "pyschic/spiritual reader" off my list of superpowers. I can make the height adjustment, but I still hear the same voice when I read your posts. Maybe I just have voices in my head?

Kinda disappointed none of this I would consider geeky. All I got is that I'm in to swing dancing and singing it at karoke. Best part about doing it is the way I dress nobody would expect it coming from a guy like me rofl.

• 3 weeks later...