Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Britain's secret nuclear bunker:

Still Waters

There’s a hiss of compressed air as the two bolts ease across and the reinforced-steel airtight door opens to reveal the home of Combined Task Force 345.

This secret operations room controls the submarines that carry our nuclear deterrent.

One of four Vanguard class or ‘bomber’ submarines carrying Trident II D-5 missiles is constantly on patrol, silent and undetected.

Every missile has a range of 7,000 miles and can deliver 12 warheads, each of which is eight times more powerful than the bomb used at Hiroshima. It is from here that the instruction to fire would be passed on to the submarine.

Unsurprisingly, it’s submariners who feel most at home down here.

http://www.dailymail...rike-given.html

Should this really be made so public? lol

The people who work there are true British heroes. Working in 12 hour shifts to protect us and our families. I salute them all as Remembrance Day approaches.

woody.jpg

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

The people who work there are true British heroes. Working in 12 hour shifts to protect us and our families. I salute them all as Remembrance Day approaches.

woody.jpg

No more heroes than all the other people who work long hours, for low wages to keep UK Society ticking along.

• Like 2

woody.jpg

lol what makes them heroes sitting around drinking crap coffee.my brother used to do this and he is an utter tosser.

• Like 2

Britain's secret nuclear bunker

Is this where its hidden?

bunker.jpg

• Like 3

bunker.jpg

Thats ridiculas lol

We have nuclear missle silos near where I live in Lancashire. Even though we arent supposed to have a silo based detterant we know we do because they keep advertising for staff to work in them. The job adverts dont hide anything either.

Edited by Mr Right Wing

bunker.jpg

That's just hilarious.

I went to "Scotlands only secret bunker" when I was younger, but it was closed down and being used as a museum. Very interesting place to visit. But having a road sign to a working secret nuclear bunker is something else. lol I wonder if there is a pan-flit for tourists showing it's location? lol

Thats ridiculas lol

We have nuclear missle silos near where I live in Lancashire. Even though we arent supposed to have a silo based detterant we know we do because they keep advertising for staff to work in them. The job adverts dont hide anything either.

That's just hilarious.

I went to "Scotlands only secret bunker" when I was younger, but it was closed down and being used as a museum. Very interesting place to visit. But having a road sign to a working secret nuclear bunker is something else. lol I wonder if there is a pan-flit for tourists showing it's location? lol

Glad you like it, its not the one from the article, I think this one is a 'tourist attraction' now, you can pay to go inside and have a look around. I have seen it a lot when I have ventured into deepest darkest Essex, it is great fun the first time you see it...