Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human Giants?

OnlineCriticChick

I am curious to know what others think about the remains found around the world of giant human bones, Russia seems to embrace the finds, while America seems to not talk about it? There are many articles I wanted to share but this one is one of the many that stood out, this site has countless articles and pictures but the photos I found interesting as well were on a Russian Youtube video, and I dont know how to translate it. Either way the topic is the same, what could this mean? I have considered that we have many humans now in 2012 who are battling a disease of the bones that does not allow you to stop growing, and I have considered this, but the artifacts, the giant tools found seem to throw me in another direction. Also, the pyramids are still something that scientists argue about, how did they do that, they were enormous, either way I wondered what your take was on these giant human remains found around the world...here is an article, one out of many .http://gianthumanske...s.blogspot.com/

I feel like photoshop has really caused people to believe real pictures are a hoax, while some might be, it seems the only pictures I find to look real are from other countries websites, I dont know what the language was with this picture I believe it was Arabic.

post-123187-0-78574300-1347814315_thumb.

• Like 2

Can't really say much there have been so many hoax photos based around giant humans numerous other artefacts. One thing I would like to add though, is that I think if this finding as shown in the image you linked was of any significance (i.e not a fake, hoax, ect.) we wouldn't be hearing about it from some persons blog just laying around on the Internet. A finding of such magnitude given that this "giant" looks like a human skeleton would cause major disruption within current scientific knowledge; it would be big news.

Edited by Thomas J
  • Like 3

I find it unlikely that a race of human giants ever existed for a few reasons.

1) For a race of people to exist there would have to be more than a handful of them running around - most races have civilzations contained within.....there is no evidence in existence to suggest that anything of this nature ever existed.

2) There is no reason why if such evidence did exist, that it would be suppressed. It would be a big deal scientifically and people like bible historians would love it because it would back up certain bible stories (David and Goliath..etc.) Indeed it would back up the mythologies of many peoples.

3) Fakery and hoaxes are so prolific on the internet. If the only place you can find evidence for giants are photographs on websites devoted to paranormal stuff, then it is likely just fake. Real evidence like that would be scientifically vetted and you'd be able to find much more reputable information. Take for example a creature that does exist...let us say - the badger. They are reclusive and not often seen by most people, however they exist, have been vetted by science and the average person can find information on them quickly and reliably.

We know that large humans(over 7.5 feet tall) exist - but only rarely. There is no race of giants and I feel that it is unlikely that such a race ever existed.

Edited by orangepeaceful79
  • Like 9

I find it unlikely that a race of human giants ever existed for a few reasons.

1) For a race of people to exist there would have to be more than a handful of them running around - most races have civilzations contained within.....there is no evidence in existence to suggest that anything of this nature ever existed.

2) There is no reason why if such evidence did exist, that it would be suppressed. It would be a big deal scientifically and people like bible historians would love it because it would back up certain bible stories (David and Goliath..etc.) Indeed it would back up the mythologies of many peoples.

3) Fakery and hoaxes are so prolific on the internet. If the only place you can find evidence for giants are photographs on websites devoted to paranormal stuff, then it is likely just fake. Real evidence like that would be scientifically vetted and you'd be able to find much more reputable information. Take for example a creature that does exist...let us say - the badger. They are reclusive and not often seen by most people, however they exist, have been vetted by science and the average person can find information on them quickly and reliably.

We know that large humans(over 7.5 feet tall) exist - but only rarely. There is no race of giants and I feel that it is unlikely that such a race ever existed.

Agreed , I would also like to add that all you ever see are pictures , If people have these large bones why are they not submitting them to accredited scientists for confirmation ? Ill tell you why not ... cause it BS :clap:

TiP.

• Like 3

In discussions before, I've opined that there were 2 reasons for the giant myths:

The first is that people were smaller centuries back. The vikings were often referred to as giants and they averaged 5'9" or so. If you saw a bunch of guys that big running toward you these days, sure you'd be a little concerned about the big axes but would you think, "OH MY GOD, GIANTS!!"? What I'm saying is that the the word giant was applied a lot more readily than we would today.

The second thing is that when you see a truly outsized person in real life (like a big NBA center), that foot and change they have over average men looks monstrous. Before photos and easily accessed statistics, it wouldn't surprise me at all for stories to spawn describing someone like Shaq as being 8-9 feet tall. The people who knew him personally would laugh at those stories, but I'd bet those stories would get entrenched in legend (think thousands of years ago where only a couple of hundred people probably would have actually seen the tall person in real life, but stories could spread to wherever).

And as tipotep said, the bodies that are said to be unearthed never turn up in the hands of people who could actually substantiate the claim. It's the same problem I have with bigfoot sightings by hunters. Yes, some people would choose not to shoot the thing, but you can't convince me that if more than 10 people a decade are seeing the thing while holding a deer rifle, at least one isn't going to kill it.

For the giant stories, it always ends up with the discoverer of the body(ies) peacefully returning it(them) to their resting place. From the dozens of accounts I've read, you just can't convince me that at least one of the farmers in question wouldn't think, "Hmmm, I'd bet a museum would pay me pretty well for this ten foot tall human skeleton." - and that's just the the accounts of people happening upon them when excavating or exploring for other reasons. I've read accounts where amateur archaeologists found them and you'd have to kill them to keep them from trumpeting their find for the rest of their lives. In short, if it were true, it wouldn't be a legend any more; just an accepted scientific fact.

• Like 3

I have to agree with the sceptical view on this one...

The odd 'tall person' may be discovered every now and then, but for me a giant would have to be a giant, not just someone who is just taller than those who lived at the same time as them.

For me any images I see that fit my idea of a giants remains are faked. If I remember rightly a lot of the 'Giants remains' images doing the rounds are from a Photoshop competition (from a long time ago) based on creating an image depicting the excavation of a giants skeleton, the entries were so good many of them got used out of context and to this day are still used to back up uneducated views on giants.

• Like 5

Yes, Im not quite sure what to think, but either way I stay open-minded and have learned to never say never. I have been reading up on this for the past few hours and it looks like it will go on into the night, so I will be back with what I learned :) in the meantime heres a very interesting link that contradicts the hoax stories. Also, I havent had any experience with photoshop, I have never even had it or seen it, but if some of those pictures of a hoax then they are done very well, right down to the hole in the skull, the teeth missing, and the bones chipped and in the earth still being uncovered....in 10 yrs these photoshop pictures will be so good that we won;t believe anything unless we see it!

http://s8int.com/phile/giants21.html

• Like 1

i actually read that the photos are a result from a contest sposored by kodak, or another such co, i dont recall all the details, but i am sure it could be googled, they are all photoshopped...

Wanted to show you all this

Start watching at exactly 7:00 minutes in...

(Id like to find this mans book and read it)

Yes, Im not quite sure what to think, but either way I stay open-minded and have learned to never say never. I have been reading up on this for the past few hours and it looks like it will go on into the night, so I will be back with what I learned :) in the meantime heres a very interesting link that contradicts the hoax stories. Also, I havent had any experience with photoshop, I have never even had it or seen it, but if some of those pictures of a hoax then they are done very well, right down to the hole in the skull, the teeth missing, and the bones chipped and in the earth still being uncovered....in 10 yrs these photoshop pictures will be so good that we won;t believe anything unless we see it!

http://s8int.com/phile/giants21.html

I completely agree with the concept of keeping an open mind. That said, open minded doesn't just mean ready to believe, it also means ready to question.

The articles and books that were written (like the ones mentioned in the video you posted) were all based on very old local stories like so much of the "unexplained" is. For a long time, there weren't hard news papers and tabloids, the papers of the day were a combination of both. 150 years later, it's easy to go back and pick the crazy articles to base books on - as easy as it would be 150 years from now to go through issues of the Sun and put together a book describing how people in the US were constantly being abducted by aliens in the late 20th/early 21st century.

The sticking point for the giants as a race theories has been, is, and probably always be the lack of evidence. Look at the guy in your video - off the top of his head, he cites for or five such finds as if they were confirmed fact. If they were real, they would be. From the accounts I've read, 90% of the time the discoverers instanly turn around and rebury what would be the Anthropological find of the millennium and the other 1 in 10 either disappeaed from a traveling freakshow or local and unnamed scientist. To my knowledge, not one of these giant skulls with double rows of teeth and horns has ever made its way to someone with the credentials to confirm it.

If you bring this lack up, the usual response is that such a find would be such an earth shattering one from a scientific viewpoint that there is a conspiracy to block the evidence. This is absolutely silly. There have been massive, game changing discoveries in all branches of science and they all placed the accredited discoverer in the history books forever. Even in the 1800s when archaeology was mostly synonymous with treasure hunting, such a find would have drawn a stampede of researchers hoping to be the one credited with confirming it.

One of the fringe writers who pushes this "scared scientist protecting his precious preconceived notions" concept is Fritz Zimmerman. Here's a blog post where he explains how silly photoshopped giant images (one of which is the one you posted) are a plot by colleges to discredit the bible.

http://gianthumanske...-hoaxes-by.html

• Like 1

http://gianthumanskeletons.blogspot.com/

he has allot of links and stuff if you want to read more.

The native americans have stories about a tribe of giant cannibals that they finally killed off by burning them in their cave.

"myths and legends of our own land" Skinner, Charles M. (Charles Montgomery) I can't remember which volumn it was in.

• Like 1

hoax or not..... gigantism (or however you spell it) does exist...could there possibly have been entire races/cultures in which this deformation existed ... sure...limited gene pool access anyone. However as great and fascinating as the human body is.. there are limits to how big we can grow before there starts to be negative/deadly effects... study the physiology of the human body more closely and you should be able to discern between some of the hoaxes/claims that have been brought to light. If it looks to good to be true.. it probably is.

Edited by Overdueleaf

Many of those discoveries have been hoaxes. And of the few remaining, well there are always people that grow taller and bigger than most others.

• Like 2

Also, the pyramids are still something that scientists argue about, how did they do that, they were enormous, either way I wondered what your take was on these giant human remains found around the world...here is an article, one out of many .http://gianthumanske...s.blogspot.com/

I feel like photoshop has really caused people to believe real pictures are a hoax, while some might be, it seems the only pictures I find to look real are from other countries websites, I dont know what the language was with this picture I believe it was Arabic.

I think giants really existed on Earth but whey wasn't human beings. Humans, then they are too big tend to be ill because of that, and giants, to buils such pyramids had to be strong, very strong. But why did they disappear? may be they just transformed to something else? or gone to another planet?

• 1 month later...

... long legged ALIENS, the Giants are the so called nephilim or the children of the FALLEN ANGELS.......... think super model...... length.... oh yeah they are walking among us... those TALL things...

Lovely+Long+Legs+This+photo+courtesy+Gorgeous+Glam.jpg

• Like 1

Giants never existed because

1. No photo has been found that isn't a photoshop. And it is pretty easy to photoshop a giant, simply making a regular thing (skeleton) bigger isn't the hardest of tasks. If one was really found, it would have caused an uproar and would be put on display somewhere- which has never happened.

2. The human form is not suited to be giant. We have enough strain on our spines as it is, and as far as animals go, aren't designed that great. The people who do become giants die very young, and are riddled with medical problems and need canes to get around in most cases. You cant just take something and scale it up without making some structural changes.

Its impractical and there is 0 real evidence, so no reason to believe really.

• Like 1

giant humans? mmm okay lets see old folk lore have giants bible tales have giants we've found big bones in caves could be giants and we have recorded humans in modern times as giants and most resently big foot related could seemly be said to be a giant yeah makes since if you look at it with a open mind and reasoning so yeah could be im not saying oit is or its not but if it is this could explain why a lot of things in the old old old old old world happened but then again youve got to take that in biblical terms things strange and unknown was mostly described as in god like or ailenated for that matter... sooooo i dont know but i do know im 6'3'' and i had a great xxxxxxxxxx or how ever many person in my family who was like 7 foot tall yeah okay what ever hell if i know ...

I 'll keep an open mind too when it comes to giants, look forward to what you uncover and hope you won't be

discouraged from further investigation. Weather photoshopped or not, still find it very interesting. And wouldn't

proof of giants give the Bible more credibility instead of the other way around?

well the photo you posted is a fake.

here's the full sized fake. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-M2X3g1EcYrw/TnK6WZ8XSUI/AAAAAAAAA2A/ir-8Dk4B5-k/s400/hollow%2Bearth%2Bgiant%2B4.jpg

here's the original (from a dig on the Isle of Sumbawa) http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060227/060227_tambora_hlg_2p.hlarge.jpg

personally I'm not a fan of the human giant thing, the square cube law means you can't just scale up things without consequences but slightly larger than normal humans are possible just (in my view) not probable

but if you interested there are some amazing stories and finds out there. The giant of Castelnau is an interesting case.

• Like 1

well the photo you posted is a fake.

here's the full sized fake. http://1.bp.blogspot...rth+giant+4.jpg

here's the original (from a dig on the Isle of Sumbawa) http://msnbcmedia.ms...g_2p.hlarge.jpg

personally I'm not a fan of the human giant thing, the square cube law means you can't just scale up things without consequences but slightly larger than normal humans are possible just (in my view) not probable

but if you interested there are some amazing stories and finds out there. The giant of Castelnau is an interesting case.

Thanks for the Giant of Castelnau lead, its an interesting read. :)