Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP activists: Why isn't Romney ahead?

questionmark

No he doesn't.

Sure he does. Openly. This is not opinion, its a fact. Did you watch any of the GOP debates?

CBS posted a poll that has Obama leading Romney by 10 points in Ohio. OK, CBS is laughably in the bag for Obama an they are a true embarrassment to journalism but lets put all that aside and take this poll at face value. My question for all you dems is, if Obama is ahead by 10 points in Ohio, why in the hell is he still botherng to campaign there? He is short money yet he still has a huge staff in Ohio and is wasting time visiting the state. Why?

It makes no sense because he is behind just 5 points in NC but has, for alll intents and purposes, pulled out of the state and given up. Hmm, so being behind by 5 means stop wasting money yet being ahead by 10 means keep spending money and touring the state? How does that work? :unsure2:

Edited by Merc14

CBS posted a poll that has Obama leading Romney by 10 points. OK, CBS is laughably in the bag for Obama. They are a true embarrassment to journalism but lets put all that aside and take this poll at face value. My question is for al you dems is if Obama is ahead by 10 points in Ohio, why in the hell is he still botherng to campaign there? He is short money yet he has a huge staff in Ohio and is wasting time visiting the state. Why?

It makes no sense because he is behind jut 5 points in NC but has, for alll intents and purposes, pulled out of the state and given up. Hmm, so being behind by 5 means stop wasting money yet being ahead by 10 means keep spending money and touring the state? How does that work? :unsure2:

If you read the campaign money thread I posted: Nobody is short of money, they just want to spend more.

If you read the campaign money thread I posted: Nobody is short of money, they just want to spend more.

Oh, ok that is why Obama is doing more fund raisers than any president in history. Whatever, answer the question: why is he bothering with Ohio if he is up 10 points?

Oh, ok that is why Obama is doing more fund raisers than any president in history. Whatever, answer the question: why is he bothering with Ohio if he is up 10 points?

Because Ohio has a lot of electoral votes and is a traditional battleground state.

Why is it so suspicious to you that a candidate might campaign hard in battleground states?

Because he wants to stay 10 points up or because he does not trust the pollsters or because he got a discount if he keeps putting up adverts until November.

One reason Romney is loosing is that he goes to the next battle when he believes that he got the state in the sack. Voters dislike that.

Because he wants to stay 10 points up or because he does not trust the pollsters or because he got a discount if he keeps putting up adverts until November.

One reason Romney is loosing is that he goes to the next battle when he believes that he got the state in the sack. Voters dislike that.

LMAO.

Because Ohio has a lot of electoral votes and is a traditional battleground state.

Why is it so suspicious to you that a candidate might campaign hard in battleground states?

Hmm well he is hardly spending a dime in NY and he isn't up 10 there so why Ohio and not NY? Come on wookie, you are making it to easy for me. :passifier:

LMAO.

Hmm well he is hardly spending a dime in NY and he isn't up 10 there so why Ohio and not NY? Come on wookie, you are making it to easy for me. :passifier:

Cause New York is not a battle state?

Every presidential election there are certain states that are concentrated on - Florida, Virginia, Ohio, sometimes Pennsylvania and Nevada. In case you haven't noticed candidates concentrate on those states every time. Why do you find this so new and amazing? It's been like this for decades.

Cause New York is not a battle state?

Battleground state simply means it can go either way but if you are up 10 points at 6 weeks out then the state would not be considered a battleground state. The campaign, at 10 points ahead would spend maintenance money and do very few campaign events since there are some real battleground states (within 3-4 points) where you'd be spending those valauble campaign hours and dumping money like crazy.

I am not saying that Obama will lose Ohio but it is my contention that Ohio is a helluva lot closer than 10% and the Obama campaign knows it which is the soul reason thhat he is doing multiple campaign stopns and spending huge sums of money.

All campaigns do internal polling where they don't putz around and base samples on an aberration turnout like 2008. No sane perosn thinks that democrats have the same enthusiam they did in 2008 and will turn out is teh same numbers but that is what CBS did in their silly poll. No, the campaign needs to know the real score based on realistic turnouts that reflect the real voter enthusiasm. You use 2004 turnouts and maybe even 2010 which wil be a lot closer to reality. When you use realistic turnout projections for sample size the picture changes in a drastic way and that is why Obama is spending lot's of time and lot's of money in Ohio.

• Like 2

Battleground state simply means it can go either way but if you are up 10 points at 6 weeks out then the state would not be considered a battleground state. The campaign, at 10 points ahead would spend maintenance money and do very few campaign events since there are some real battleground states (within 3-4 points) where you'd be spending those valauble campaign hours and dumping money like crazy.

I am not saying that Obama will lose Ohio but it is my contention that Ohio is a helluva lot closer than 10% and the Obama campaign knows it which is the soul reason thhat he is doing multiple campaign stopns and spending huge sums of money.

All campaigns do internal polling where they don't putz around and base samples on an aberration turnout like 2008. No sane perosn thinks that democrats have the same enthusiam they did in 2008 and will turn out is teh same numbers but that is what CBS did in their silly poll. No, the campaign needs to know the real score based on realistic turnouts that reflect the real voter enthusiasm. You use 2004 turnouts and maybe even 2010 which wil be a lot closer to reality. When you use realistic turnout projections for sample size the picture changes in a drastic way and that is why Obama is spending lot's of time and lot's of money in Ohio.

The people of battleground states are not as simple as you think, if at some point they would start cheering and applauding for one candidate and that candidate goes somewhere else afterwards and they still cheer they have given their trump away that gets them lots of attention and lots of guv aid.

The people of battleground states are not as simple as you think, if at some point they would start cheering and applauding for one candidate and that candidate goes somewhere else afterwards and they still cheer they have given their trump away that gets them lots of attention and lots of guv aid.

Listen, Rasmussen has them 1 point apart using a more realistic sample of likely voters. Obama's internals are showing a similar number. That is why Obama is in Ohio campaigning and spending beau coup bucks. That is the only reason. CBS is polling with as ample that favors Democrats by 10% which is even greater tha the 2008 turnout so it is an absurd poill that is meant to do one thing and one thig only, depress republican enthusiasm. It is sad really.

For all those that are trying to make sense of the polling and the campaign activities remember that campaigns DO NOT spend a lot of money or time in a state they are 10 points ahead in. The reality is Obama is 1-2 points ahead and Romney has momentum, plus the independents don't decide til te hlast minute and they almost always go with teh challenger by 3-1 in a bad economy. Obama's campaign knows this and they are very, very nervous. They won Ohio by only 4% in 2008 (which makes the CBS poll look even more ludicrous) and the fact that it is a tossup just 6 weeks out means Obama will have to spend huge sums of money in a state he wasn't planning on battling in.

That is the reality.. All the BS questionmark and wookie are posting regarding Ohio is just that, BS. Just look at the facts and you'll see this.

Listen, Rasmussen has them 1 point apart using a more realistic sample of likely voters. Obama's internals are showing a similar number. That is why Obama is in Ohio campaigning and spending beau coup bucks. That is the only reason. CBS is polling with as ample that favors Democrats by 10% which is even greater tha the 2008 turnout so it is an absurd poill that is meant to do one thing and one thig only, depress republican enthusiasm. It is sad really.

For all those that are trying to make sense of the polling and the campaign activities remember that campaigns DO NOT spend a lot of money or time in a state they are 10 points ahead in. The reality is Obama is 1-2 points ahead and Romney has momentum, plus the independents don't decide til te hlast minute and they almost always go with teh challenger by 3-1 in a bad economy. Obama's campaign knows this and they are very, very nervous. They won Ohio by only 4% in 2008 (which makes the CBS poll look even more ludicrous) and the fact that it is a tossup just 6 weeks out means Obama will have to spend huge sums of money in a state he wasn't planning on battling in.

That is the reality.. All the BS questionmark and wookie are posting regarding Ohio is just that, BS. Just look at the facts and you'll see this.

We will see.

• Like 1

So you forget who started bailing out the rich and creating war for profit not protection.

Once Iran nukes us via their proxies, you will eat those words.

Assuming you survive.

Harte

Listen, Rasmussen

Marc Rasmussen has been proven over and over again to be a biased poller. You should pay no attention.

Marc Rasmussen has been proven over and over again to be a biased poller. You should pay no attention.

You should stop posting garbage from democrat underground and start dealing with reality.

Edited by Merc14

You should stop posting garbage from democrat underground and start dealing with reality.

The reality is that real pollsters and people who study all pollsters (538, pollster.com) have shown Rasmussen's bias. Bias can be proven arithmetically and statistically. It's not a liberal plot.

Edited by ninjadude

The reality is that real pollsters and people who study all pollsters (538, pollster.com) have shown Rasmussen's bias. Bias can be proven arithmetically and statistically. It's not a liberal plot.

In six weeks we will see who is right and who is wrong. I have complete confidence in my predictions and am willing to bet you as I have said. You have a lot of bravado and post absolute BS with a dose a sanctimony and a pinch of hubris but refuse to bet. What does that say about you? I know what I think.

• Like 1

Just a few numbers regarding what CBS/NY Times is betting is the turnout on November 6th.

Florida:

In 2004 the vote was R+4.

In 2008 the vote was D+3

CBS/NYTs is reporting that in 2012 we will see D+9.

Ohio:

In 2004 the vote was R+5

In 2008 the vote was D+8

CBS/NYTs is reporting that in 2012 we will see D+9

Pennsylvania:

In 2010 the vote was D+3

In 2008 the vote was D+7

So record turnout of dems this November!! WOW! I mean, they are so hyped for Obama, Pelosi and Ried that they are going to beat the messiah tour numbers! Now, Ninja, wookie and question may believe that hype but do you, as a rational person, believe that after the last 4 years of stagnation and the massive increase of debt, the dems are even more excited than in 2008 when the messiah was going to lower the ocean levels and make the world love us? I hope you are laughing at the subterfuge and over the top obamamania just as I am. The MSM is is pushing this garbage because the have a vested interest in keeping Obama in office, afterall, they vetted him by covering up his many negative issues. They are paying the price with loss of credibility and viewers/readers and will soon lose all credibility.

Edited by Merc14

Just a few numbers regarding what CBS/NY Times is betting is the turnout on November 6th.

Florida:

In 2004 the vote was R+4.

In 2008 the vote was D+3

Ohio:

In 2004 the vote was R+5

In 2008 the vote was D+8

CBS/NYTs is reporting that in 2012 we will see D+9

Pennsylvania:

In 2010 the vote was D+3

In 2008 the vote was D+7

So record turnout of dems this November!! WOW! I mean, they are so hyped for Obama, Pelosi and Ried that they are going to beat the messiah tour numbers! Now, Ninja, wookie and question may believe that hype but do you, as a rational person, believe that after the last 4 years of stagnation and the massive increase of debt, the dems are even more excited than in 2008 when the messiah was going to lower the ocean levels and make the world love us? I hope you are laughing at the subterfuge and over the top obamamania just as I am. The MSM is is pushing this garbage because the have a vested interest in keeping Obama in office, afterall, they vetted him by covering up his many negative issues. They are paying the price with loss of credibility and viewers/readers and will soon lose all credibility.

Nobody is hyped about Obama, Pelosi or whatever else, they are turned off by a flip-flopping non-empathical Romney and by a do-nothing Boehner and a bickering Republican party that can't even get the story straight.

The real reasons the Romney isn't doing as well as some would like:

1) Many hard core Repubs do not think he is a real conservative.

2) I think this sums it up best:

ir5061f19d.jpg

• Like 3

The real reasons the Romney isn't doing as well as some would like:

1) Many hard core Repubs do not think he is a real conservative.

2) I think this sums it up best:

ir5061f19d.jpg

Can't argue with this. I blame it on a "too professional" staff that out-thinks themselves. Hios message has been simplified now, I think and hopefully he starts gaining more ground. Don't forget, however, that we are witnessing the most disgusting display of media bias that I have ever seen. I thought what they did to Hillary, after Barry hit the scene, was shameful but I don't like Hillary so laughed it off but these scumbags are in overdrive now to get Obama reelected. It is truly depressing to watch and realize that we no longer have a free press.

MSM has been going downhil for years but 2012 is the "over the cliff" moment. There is no coming back from this unless the stockholders raise hell and rip the whole facade down and start over. That is what is most amazing to me, that the boards of directors watch the viewership and pevenue go down year after year yet do nothing to stop the bleeding. I guess this is a topic in and of itself but I'll wait six weeks to start it after these polls are proeved to be so flawed that even the liberals here would have to admit there is something wrong.

The MSM is a joke...and a dirty one at that. There is no such thing as journalism anymore. No one just reports the facts. EVERYTHING is now an editorial opinion...every snip-it of news has to have someone's analysis attached so they can "steer" the viewer/readers opinion and get a predetermined reaction.

Pretty sickening actually.

I miss Walter Cronkite.... :(

The MSM is a joke...and a dirty one at that. There is no such thing as journalism anymore. No one just reports the facts. EVERYTHING is now an editorial opinion...every snip-it of news has to have someone's analysis attached so they can "steer" the viewer/readers opinion and get a predetermined reaction.

Pretty sickening actually.

I miss Walter Cronkite.... :(

The truth is that Walter Conkrite was no different than anyone else...he was a left leaning, liberal, communist sympathiser...the difference was that the Media had a monopoly then, CBS, NBC, ABC. Things have changed and Rush Limbaugh changed everything. You should all listen to Rush regularly. He tells it the way it is. It isn't that I agree with everything he says...it is more that he agrees with everything I think! And I know he does because he says it. How can anyone trust the 'news' from the mainstream media? And if you can't trust them to report news, then how can you trust their polls. The problem is that most democrats in the box for Obama refuse to see the mess.

• Like 1

Is it possible that we could agree on this statement: All polls, with the exception of Gallup maybe are biased.