Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP activists: Why isn't Romney ahead?

questionmark

As much as you'd obviously like to pin the Banking Crisis on Bush...that ain't the fact Jack.

Don't recall ever claiming that.

There's an entire Government report on the actual reasons behind the International banking crisis. Makes for some interesting reading.

Done with him and done with this thread.

Then I won't expect a response.

You do when the employment graph looks like this.

liberal-total-private-jobs-worldview-june-2012-data1.jpg?w=640&h=359

Except the employment graph doesn't actually look like that.

I note that you're only showing one year of Bush's record.

Don't bother explaining, though. I already know why that is.

Harte

Except the employment graph doesn't actually look like that.

I note that you're only showing one year of Bush's record.

Don't bother explaining, though. I already know why that is.

Harte

Nobody is comparing Bush to Obama (as there is no fair comparison), what the argument is about is where the unemployment came from.

Nobody is comparing Bush to Obama (as there is no fair comparison), what the argument is about is where the unemployment came from.

The posted employment graph is purported to be comparing Bush to Obama.

Not a valid comparison. That's all I was saying.

Harte

The posted employment graph is purported to be comparing Bush to Obama.

Not a valid comparison. That's all I was saying.

Harte

How many people reading this thread do you think believe that presidential terms are only a year long?

• Like 1

Hey man! Anyone that doesn't like Sesame Street is some kinda commie pinko or goose stepping gestapo pig! How dare the plastic man threaten the only decent thing that was ever broadcast on PBS.

No, in all seriousness. There needs to be a public broadcasting channel...I am not thrilled that it has became a left wing mouth piece, but that can be fixed. It still offers un-commercialized programing, which is a very important thing. Why does it need to be publicly funded? So the public CAN have a say in it...which you can by the way if you actually try and don't just flip it the bird and switch to another channel. There are means to get involved...actually pretty simple means.

Corporate broadcasting does nothing but spin propaganda and program consumerism into the sleeping sheep...and that's the facts jack.

A public broadcasting system is necessary...what is also necessary is to take back the programming and make it a 50/50 proposition. For every hour of left wing news, there has to be an hour of right....or better yet, how about removing the news and politics and return it to being an educational resource...what a concept!

PBS is a scam. I don't blame BIg Bird, he's just a pawn in their game. The government gives money to PBS to make the shows, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting reaps profits from them.Then CPB donates the profits back to PBS for tax deduction. They use these TAX LOOPHOLES to buy their CORPORATE JETS!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by Vein Capital

Does anybody even watch PBS? It was lame when I was a kid 25 years ago, and it's still lame now. What is the point in continuing to throw money at them when no one watches? Why not take that money and fund me, it'd be better spent that way. :tu:

Edited by Spid3rCyd3
  • Like 1

Does anybody even watch PBS? It was lame when I was a kid 25 years ago, and it's still lame now. What is the point in continuing to throw money at them when no one watches? Why not take that money and fund me, it'd be better spent that way. :tu:

I actually do.... :unsure2: . I watch Antiques Roadshow, Nova and a few other history type shows. A lot of times they have painting, woodcarving and woodworking...which, as nerdy as it sounds :blush: ... I do watch.

I actually do.... :unsure2: . I watch Antiques Roadshow, Nova and a few other history type shows. A lot of times they have painting, woodcarving and woodworking...which, as nerdy as it sounds :blush: ... I do watch.

It's all good man, now that you mentioned it, I think I've actually watched a few shows on there from time to time, just couldn't remember. Bob Ross painting a couple times, Roadshow also a couple of times, and there used to be some guy who would draw futuristic cities on there or something, was interesting. I also remember watching Wild America when I was a kid with my dad, that was actually a great nature show.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

How many people reading this thread do you think believe that presidential terms are only a year long?

Good point.

Seems more like 12 or 15 with the current one.

Harte

• Like 1

I liked it better when they still broadcasted Doctor Who.

How much of the funding comes from the FedGov? Everytime I watch it they say, "Programing funded by people like You.". I've yet to hear them thank the FedGov for their support. Like Planned Parenthood, I believe that non-public donations from those who really want it could alone make it happen.

Edited by DieChecker

It's a VERY small amount. For Mittens to say that somehow has some effect on the budget is beyond ridiculous.

I heard a number but I have not "fact checked it"...I heard it's like 130 million a year.

Not very much in comparison to the cost of 1 tomahawk missile (considering in Libya we were firing of about 60 of those a day)....1 Tomahawk = approx 800,000 to 1 million each. That = 60 million a day in missiles....two to 4 days of bombing someone into the stone age pays for a year of PBS TV....who'd a thunk it

Edited by Jeremiah65

It's a VERY small amount. For Mittens to say that somehow has some effect on the budget is beyond ridiculous.

Then is it really going to shut down PBS if the FedGov ends that financing. The Media makes it sound like Bert and Ernie are going to have to hit the street.

Edit: Small to the FedGov or to PBS??

Edit, Edit: Wiki says it is about 15 to 20 percent of their budget. I can see that it would make little dent in the Deficit, and would make a bigger impact on PBS, so maybe a cutback would be in order, rather then a sessation of funding. Cutbacks should be occuring everywhere in government, and probably are. You hear that gov hiring is down every quarter, which is as it should be IMHO.

Edited by DieChecker

I heard a number but I have not "fact checked it"...I heard it's like 130 million a year.

Not very much in comparison to the cost of 1 tomahawk missile (considering in Libya we were firing of about 60 of those a day)....1 Tomahawk = approx 800,000 to 1 million each. That = 60 million a day in missiles....two to 4 days of bombing someone into the stone age pays for a year of PBS TV....who'd a thunk it

Business decisions can be hard....

In my work area we have about 40 people on 4 shifts, and we got a 3% raise this year, to give all those people a 5% raise would have cost about 50,000 dollars, and that would double moral and the workers attitudes, but they don't/won't/didn't.... Yet, at the same time, we are installing many new machines and upgrading others that cost a half million per upgrade and around 2 million for a new machine. So tens of millions of dollars of new machines and parts are being installed, but there is no budget for 50k to bring happyness to the employees. It is only a business decision. And some are hard to make. Pennys apparently do count.

Edited by DieChecker

You hear that gov hiring is down every quarter, which is as it should be IMHO.

Why?

Why?

Because, IMHO, and with the data I've seen, there was real wastage within local, city, state and federal offices in the near past. Just as I saw inside Intel in the last 4 or 5 years, areas that are overpopulated are being trimmed down and those individuals who are not value added are being moved somewhere else or let go.

Obviously there are areas that don't need to be cut deeply, but if you have 25 city librarians and 20 can do the work, do you really need those other 5? Or if you can close the library an hour earlier and save money, then isn't it better to do so and help whatever budget then to simply run a deficit, and/or have to borrow or put out new bonds? True, if you lay off those 5 librarians you are simply moving their pay from local/city to Federal (Unemployment). But then eventually they will either move into the Private sector, or fall off the Rolls. (Or perhaps even get back into government in some other location.)

When the economy turns around more, then sure, hire up extra workers and implement new projects. But if your local community is still in Recession or has a very slow Recovery, then spending less (letting go employees) is what has to happen.

Edited by DieChecker

When the economy turns around more, then sure, hire up extra workers and implement new projects. But if your local community is still in Recession or has a very slow Recovery, then spending less (letting go employees) is what has to happen.

Then that's not every quarter, is it?

Business decisions can be hard....

true. But government is NOT a business!