Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3 Days of Darkness

Alisdair.MacDonald

You know... Here is my worry : That 12/21/2012 will be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Think about it - most people probably aren't very worried about that day, but those that I have talked to that are seem to be absolutely certain that it is the end of the world or something like that. Now, every day in this world something happens. Something important goes on every single day somewhere in the world. So what happens when you have millions of people worldwide that are keyed up to think that the end is near and something happens? Do they stop and think to themselves that it might just be another thing happening like every other day or do they go nuts and assume that the end of the world has started and react accordingly?

• Like 1

^^ That's a good point.

IMO people create their reality.

But that's not to say that doom & gloomers will cause the end of the world for everyone else because there are also plenty of people who are looking at the date as something positive.

^^ That's a good point.

IMO people create their reality.

But that's not to say that doom & gloomers will cause the end of the world for everyone else because there are also plenty of people who are looking at the date as something positive.

It wouldn't be the end of the world that they would cause... But we have seen recently how these end times beliefs can be dangerous. I read an article on CNN.com (I think - I know it was a credible source. Perhaps NPR.com) that discussed the leadership of Iran and their complete belief that if they can force a war with Israel that the end times will come about. This is dangerous stuff to believe in and, as has been alleged (Not sure if it is completely valid) about Iran, you mix those religious expectations with a belief in this 12/21/2012 thing... well bad stuff could happen.

I am thinking more along the lines of the heavens gate or Jim Jones type thing here...

I think that senarios of apocolyptic value such as some being spouted shouldn't really be given much attention. With things like war and WW3 and the end of the world being focused on the only thing people are doing is bringing themselves down. I've been there before, over a year ago, if you google 2012 and predictions and doom and gloom that's all you are going to get and see. It has a tendency to bring you down and create feelings of dread.. At the end of the day, whatever will be will be, dwelling on these things only serves to create and atmosphere where everything appears doom & gloom. And ultimately, we as individuals serve the doom & gloom by giving attention to it, feeding it.

Solution...... Stop feeding it, because ultimately when something happens if you go into that situation with a doom & gloom, doom and gloom is what it will be. If it will be 3 days of darkness, I'd rather feel good about it than think it's the end of the world.

Edited by Professor T

LMAO, utter tripe.

I might get on this band wagon, hope iv got enough time to write my book.

Thanks,

She is correct. There will be 3 days of darkness but there is more before that and after that. This website will tell all.

http://www.zetatalk....dex/zeta582.htm

The time is to get ready.

Well i had a good laugh anyway :w00t:

This,along with all the other 2012 BS .....

• Like 1

She is correct. There will be 3 days of darkness but there is more before that and after that. This website will tell all.

http://www.zetatalk....dex/zeta582.htm

The time is to get ready.

No not all. It leaves out the fact that if Nibiru did exist the effects of it's gravity would have been detectable long ago. It also doesn't mention the fact that Sitchin made up the planet Nibiru since the Sumerians never wrote anything about any planet named Nibiru.

• Like 1

Bring it on. Nothing we can do to stop it. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Like 2

Well i had a good laugh anyway :w00t:

This,along with all the other 2012 BS .....

Well then..

What is it you find to be so funny? ..and why?

Well then..

What is it you find to be so funny? ..and why?

Because yet again there are references to planet X or the suns dark twin,2012 prophecies,Christian fruitcakes banging on about end of days.Seriously folks we are living in enlightened times,a time when Science rules and fairy tales are just fairy tales.

I will enjoy my Christmas Turkey on the 25th of December,some people should get a grip..

• Like 1

Because yet again there are references to planet X or the suns dark twin,2012 prophecies,Christian fruitcakes banging on about end of days.Seriously folks we are living in enlightened times,a time when Science rules and fairy tales are just fairy tales.

I will enjoy my Christmas Turkey on the 25th of December,some people should get a grip..

I think that you come off as way too cynical. You seem quick to call everyone else morons, or idiots yet you don't really have anything to say on the topic besides except vague, cursory insults.

If you are going to flat out call someone wrong or stupid, then you had better at least offer your own enlightened view for others to scrutinize.

Edited by Mider
  • Like 1

I think that you come off as way too cynical. You seem quick to call everyone else morons, or idiots yet you don't really have anything to say on the topic besides except vague, cursory insults.

If you are going to flat out call someone wrong or stupid, then you had better at least offer your own enlightened view for others to scrutinize.

I am not calling anybody stupid,but it is for the doomsayers to present credible evidence and that includes quoting from the alleged book of God that has been changed and should i say doctored by the Church over the centuries..

You are just a little sensitive my friend..

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=nasa-crushes-2012-mayan-apocalypse-claims

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4093

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2012/0511/Oldest-Mayan-calendar-found-and-it-goes-way-beyond-Dec.-12-2012-video

• Like 1

I am not calling anybody stupid,but it is for the doomsayers to present credible evidence and that includes quoting from the alleged book of God that has been changed and should i say doctored by the Church over the centuries..

You are just a little sensitive my friend..

http://www.scientifi...ocalypse-claims

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4093

http://www.csmonitor....-12-2012-video

That is just the response I expected.

Accusatory, un-constructive, and completely self absorbed.

Sorry, I have higher standards in regards to who I call friend..

Suit your self,i don't care either way..

• Like 3

Hmmm,I do not think the three days of darkness ,have to do with another planet .

That also doesn't seem to be what princess Kaoru is referring to either .

If you read the indigo children prattle,its about a new dimension coming into being somehow.

They don't explain how it occurs though .

I'm not sure a planet crashing into the earth would do that .

The mayan lectures I went to,said....*something* happens on Dec 21.....and no no,the world does not come to an end ,but I got the distinct impression they weren't saying how the world as we know it now,changes .

Something will happen I think . Exactly what,no idea.

Hey,I need to see all the movies coming out in 2013,and how the Dexter series ends.

The world had damn not end ,or I will be p***ED

• Like 2

Like the rest of us she hasn't a clue of whats going to happen tomorrow never mind in December,but I guess she might be going Potholing down some dark cave, like in the movie "The Descent",for 3 days..Sayonara,mama san.

• Like 1

sigh... just another user who disregards evidence and twists peoples posts. borrrring

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well,the east coast is having three days of darkness right now. Never say never .

It sounded like she was talking about a global dark night of the soul. interesting..

I dreamed of the sun not rising once.

In the morning the sun didn't rise. People started panicing.

It got colder and colder and colder. People started trying anything to keep warm. Then I woke up & the duvet was on the floor and I was freezing.. lol.

That sounds like a Twilight Zone episode I saw a few weeks ago.