Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hotel restrooms visible from street below

Still Waters

The Standard Hotel gives a whole new meaning to the term “poop deck.”

Restroom users at the Boom Boom Room club on the 18th floor are completely visible from the street below as they do their business, thanks to 10-foot, floor-to-ceiling windows.

The toilet-sitters get wondrous skyline views. But the windows work both ways — much to the chagrin of relief-seekers after they’re told what could be seen from the street.

“The view outside is exciting, but the view inside is frightening,” said David Langdon, 55, from Melbourne, Australia. “I saw people waving at me! Sitting on the royal throne, you don’t expect a public viewing!”

http://www.nydailyne...commentpostform

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissMelsWell

• wolfknight

• Keel M.

• Still Waters

Actually, this isn't the first time time I've heard of this kind of faux pas.

Couple of summers ago I was in Athens Greece and visited the new Acropolis Museum. It's a fabulous museum and I very much enjoyed my afternoon there. However, all the levels have glass floors. I noticed the problem right away when we walked in and pointed it out to the gals I was with by saying "Ladies, be thankful you all wore capri pants today" LOL. You could see right up the skirts of all the women, and a few Greek Orthodoxy priests too! LOL. Granted, the ceilings are very high, but really... not high enough! haha.