Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who would make the scariest ghost?

TigressFlameroseX39

Thought this might yield some amusing results. If you can't think of any good dead people, go ahead and throw in some of the living. Also include why you think your choice would be the scariest to you.

I'm gonna go with Jack the Ripper. Serial killers in general are incredibly disturbing, especially when you get to the...creative ones, let's just go with that. What's scary about the Ripper to me is his practice of mutilating the abdominal area of his victims (typically female prostitutes), and removing one internal organ or another, which led to some suspicions that he had knowledge/skills in surgical practice. Serial killer ghost with a scalpel. 'Nuff said. Your turn! ^_^

Michael Jackson

There's video of his ghost .Not scary .almost looks like he's moonwalking

• Like 1

Thought this might yield some amusing results. If you can't think of any good dead people, go ahead and throw in some of the living. Also include why you think your choice would be the scariest to you.

I'm gonna go with Jack the Ripper. Serial killers in general are incredibly disturbing, especially when you get to the...creative ones, let's just go with that. What's scary about the Ripper to me is his practice of mutilating the abdominal area of his victims (typically female prostitutes), and removing one internal organ or another, which led to some suspicions that he had knowledge/skills in surgical practice. Serial killer ghost with a scalpel. 'Nuff said. Your turn! ^_^

Hannibal Lechter ,Jack the Ripper ,Ed Gein ,Hitler

ignore :D

Edited by Galilei

It's not according to my opinion or taste. I get movies barely real scary. I want some ghost movies that will make me awake...scared of dark....even make me scream...cry. If, you want to add names such kind of movie, just leave the movie name in comment....I'm looking forward to get some real pieces of horrors form you ;)

Edited by jamesadem24

There's video of his ghost .Not scary .almost looks like he's moonwalking

He was more scary alive.
  • Like 1

Rasputin.

Brian Topp.... this topic requires you to pretend you believe in ghosts and think of someone dead or alive who would make a scary ghost if ghosts exist. :P You can pretend, right?

Edited by Lady Kasey
  • Like 2

Hitler. His ghost would terrify me because these days there are even more people who would be quite willing to follow him.

The OP is being hypothetical ,as they clearly state,even a fictional character is an ok choice .

It's just a question about,what would be truly horrifying .

Ghosts are already scary ,so what would make one even scarier .

And its basically a question asking you to use the willing suspension of disbelief .It's how Hollywood and authors make all their money .

Lord Cumbermere...

Oh no...if 'he' comes back to show us Lord Cumbermere in his photos again it will be all your fault.... :cry:

Who? Nah, it's far scarier to have an anonymous ghost.

This isn't quite on topic but I have some suggestions for those taking pictures of "ghosts"...

Empty eye sockets. During the Amityville hoax, some hoaxers hoaxed a great photo while pretending to investigate the undeniable paranormal activity there. The photo was a child looking back at the camera but his eyes were empty black orbs. It still gives me chills.

Shocked or surprised expressions. The idea is that the ghost doesn't want you to see them. When the ghost realizes that you can see them, they should be as surprised as you are. Imagine the ghost seeing you as a ghost, like the two universes are suddenly connected. Something like Munch's "The Scream" would make a great ghost.

Angry expressions. Too many (fake) ghost photos show the ghosts moping around all sad. We already know that being dead sucks. I'd like more the p***ed off ghosts, ones that are looking straight at the camera and pointing to a wall or door, as if saying "geeeetttt ouuuuuttt!"

Distorted but recognizable features. There are too many shots of orbs and blobs that barely show a nose or a couple of eyes. Ever seen someone's face wrapped in a light net or transparent cloth? Now there's a scary ghost.

Tunics, cloaks, unexplainable attire. Think of the Hooded Monk. You probably can't top that for ghost attire but you can try. One idea is to cut a hole in an old sheet and stick your ghost head through it. Now you have a ghost with a clear human head yet (with a little planning) no distinctive body. Creepy.

So keep on taking pictures of those ghosts.

I think the ghost of any dead comedian would frighten me the most. They would the be worst of the mischievous kind of ghosts. Especially Andy Kaufman or Chris Farley.

I know he's not dead, but George Takei will make a very creepy ghost.

Imagine undressing for a shower and hearing a very faint "oh my."

• Like 1