Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paranormal Experience Episode 1 - Terra Vista

stonze

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDcJp9xL8Lo

This is the first episode of Paranormal Experience. For this episode, we explore and investigate one of the most haunted places in Ohio, Terra Vista Cemetery. Experience all the moments and events that take place. We arrive at Terra Vista around 7 pm. We don't end up leaving until 9:30, and we had to walk back down the long hill with flashlights because it was pitch black. The investigation included two EVP sessions, and exploring different areas of the cemetry that people claimed to be haunted.

I DEEM TERRA VISTA OFFICIALLY HAUNTED !!!!!

I heard strange noises on various ocausins while I was there. We captured evidence of real EVPs and we have the footage to go right along with it. Our walkie talkies would not power off, no matter how many times we press the power off button. Some kind of way, something up there made both me and Joe's walkie talkies lock. I felt like something was walking up behind me at one point when it was dark outside at Terra Vista. A lot of paranormal things were going on. I sitdown and review all the audio and video, and show you the proof, and let you have a Paranormal Experience.

Sakari you dispoint me.

I am not sure where to start as, either a film critic or a skeptic. I question the words official and haunted.

Skeptic:

1. The cold breeze that was not moving comment baffles me, you are outside, you could be walking past water in the shrubs.

2. You repeat you are new and you believe so man times. Again, this should of been edited out since you didn't go in detail why or whatever experiences, there is no character development.

3. The voices in the forest, I didn't hear any thing, I even put my Bose headphones on.

4. I actually laughed before your orb i saw another orb before your flash light. At 14:20 in you see a faint ball going diagnally wards. Now don't get excited because i used the word orb. Orbs are dust or lash of light or a relection. Sriously, you guys are smoking! Do you not realise that may be the cause of your orbs? Also you got bugs and you are also outside, you are not including things like dust from the wind or something blown by the breeze. Also flicking the flash light on and off can cause brief glare.

5. You guys are outside, so man noise i didn't hear any knocking except crickets and frogs.

6. Walky talkies like tht need to have the power button hold own a few seonds to power own.

7. thing about evps is that people making so many noises, bckgrond, yawning, exhausting smoke thst they forget. First evp sounds like a yawn. Second noise found electronic background noise. 3rd sounds like he hairy guy but at a distance. Thirds again electrical, like the found is maxed or extreamy high and movement, when I hear it sounds like mummy or dummy. The radio sounds like static. My Name is joe? It doesn't sound like it at all, it sounds like some radio static or tuning by it. When i hear it, it sounds like crazy was said. OK Last 2 did sound like see ya but it is so staticy and sounds like moving on the grass or piking up an object.

Critic:

1. Sound volume needs to be level, quiet one scene, next it's loud.

2. Better editing, remove um or er or random pauses.

3. Your camera us bobbing up and down causing motion sickness.

The music is nice but it is constant and does not set the mood, i spend more time tryng to listen to what you are saying and the back ground noises.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

thanks for the feedback.. this was my first time doing something of this nature so i take this as a learning experience

as far as the walkie talkies, when me and joe got down to the bottom of the hill, we discovered that both of our walkie talkies were actually "locked"

i know i didn't lock mine, and joe didn't lock his. I may have locked it on accident by reaching into my hoodie pouch to grab it but i doubt it.. joe had his attached to the side of his jean shorts, so there was no way he could have locked his by accident

A little history of the area since it wasn't provided:

Mostly hidden among a tree-covered, glacier-carved landscape, Tinker's Creek remains largely untouched by human hands. Some of those who have attempted to settle this land barely left a trace of their own existence. Today, many visitors to this area have reported strange occurrences--eerie sounds, lights and shadows; the uncanny sense of being chased away...even followed.

Is Tinker's Creek haunted or cursed, as some say? And if so, then why?

Understanding the mystery of Tinker's Creek first requires a look back at its history. And its history is quite mysterious indeed.

Historical records prior to the twentieth century are sparse. An Ottawa tribe resided on the land sometime prior to 1786. It is not known how long the Ottawas occupied the land, but what is known is that that they suddenly abandoned their huts and left the area. Their escape may have been due to encroaching white settlers from New England, or from growing hostility by other nearby Native American tribes. Or perhaps... from something else.

In the late Spring of 1786, a Moravian mission came upon the abandoned Ottawa settlement. Fleeing persecution, the Moravians--led by David Zeisburger and John Heckewelder--decided to make this part of the Cuyahoga Valley their home. They named the land Pilgerruh (German for "Pilgrim's Rest"). The Moravians planted crops and built cabins and a church. They did not intend to make this their permanent home, but something happened while they were there to cause them to leave even sooner. Wrote Loskiel, one of the missionaries, "[The] missionaries were not concerned as to their own safety. If that alone had been the point in question, they would not have hesitated a moment to return to the Muskingum. But they dare not bring the congregation committed to their care, into so dreadful and dangerous a situation."

A nearby tribe recommended they stay at Pilgerruh, but for reasons unknown the Moravians decided to move on as quickly as possible. Only ten months after they had settled at Pilgerruh, and as soon as Spring broke in 1787, the Moravians gathered for a prayer on the banks of the nearby creek and walked away.

Ten years later, in 1797, members of the Connecticut Western Reserve Land Company arrived to survey the land for permanent settlement by pioneers from New England. There, they discovered the ruins of the Moravian ghost town. They renamed the area Tinker's Creek, after the survey team's principal boatman, Joseph Tinker.

Unfortunately for Tinker, the curse of Pilgerruh would continue. Shortly after leaving Tinker's Creek, on his return to New England, Joseph Tinker drowned, along with two companions.

Since its official establishment, Tinker's Creek has enjoyed an uneasy history. Few white settlers actually resided in Tinker's Creek, and instead settled in nearby Bedford and Northfield Township.

However, when these settlers had to bury some of their first dead, they chose an isolated, out-of-the-way plot of land located atop a hill in Tinker's Creek. Although it is not confirmed that this cemetery used to be the burial ground for the Ottawas, it has historically been referred to as "Old Indian Cemetery." That cemetery is now commonly known as Tinker's Creek.

Tinker's Creek other pics on the site

• Like 1

Oh I can see that it's there, I just can't view it because YouTube is blocked at work. Haven't had time to log in in the evening to look yet.