Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dog Shoots Man: Hunter's Hand Is Amputated

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Your hands must be huge looking at the size of those letters that you type.. :P ...

Lol...

GIGANTIC

• Like 4

Your hands must be huge looking at the size of those letters that you type.. :P ...

Or poor eyesight.. ..Or maybe just someone who loves to really lay the emphasis lol

• Like 1

Man's Best Friend or Premeditated Attempt to Murder? You Make the Decision!

Can you please post in normal sized text. There's no need to SHOUT.

Thank you

• Like 3

Yes, it's good that he doesn't blame the dog.

However, Being out in the wild hunting animals is inherently dangerous. While I don't applaud the harming of anyone, killing for sport is, in my personal opinion, tempting a negative outcome. You know, rather like: He that lives by the sword dies by the sword. Just my personal opinion.

really? Hunting is fun, but its not like living by the sword, he is not out killing other people. Because he is a hunter does not mean he had it coming to him. Personally, I love eating wild food, it makes the body feel .... I dunno .... wild. half of what I consume is hunted rather than store bought. Including my veggies, which I also eat alot of. tho not hunted, but grown by myself, freinds, and family. its a healthy life style IMO.

no this is not karma, but an unfortunate accident.

I don't hunt, but I do eat a lot of the game that family members hunt.

I'm a meat eater. Always will be. I think it is far more humane to eat birds and venison that are shot during a hunting season in the wild, as opposed to the way domestic chickens and beef are treated at large factory farm operations.

what a well trained hunting dog that hound is :rolleyes: . i cant say i would have been as forgivefull, i would have shot the dumb dog.

Personally, I choose to distinguish between hunting for survival/food and hunting for sport. Very few people in developed nations have to hunt to survive, but many still hunt for sport. I do not personally (ie, my personal opinion) think killing animals for sport to be "good karma". This is how I feel and I certainly concede that others are free to feel differently.

I also don't think shooting one's dog because they were careless with their firearm to be a "good karma" either...just my personal opinion again.

• Like 1

Personally, I choose to distinguish between hunting for survival/food and hunting for sport. Very few people in developed nations have to hunt to survive, but many still hunt for sport.

Here in the US, we don't have to shoot pheasants and partridge and wild turkey and deer that have been living in the woods naturally.

We can instead go to the store and buy chickens and turkeys and cows that have been bred to be so fat and grow so fast that they can't walk or function like their wild counterparts, and that live inside wallowing in their own filth, injected with antibiotics, and then killed on a conveyor belt after being crowded into areas/cages so small, that it is just accepted that some will die before making it to the killing floor anyhow.

Yea, hunting is the inhumane choice....

Unless you are a vegetarian, you can't comment on people who hunt and eat what they kill.

As for the dog, the idea of shooting the dog is just asinine, I think most people will agree on that.

• Like 1

I hunt with a gun for food, I hunt with a camera for sport ( and that is a whole catagory or two harder to do You don't need to get 20 feet away with a rifle. ) 1 bullet, three months food is a heck of a lot more humane that the slaughter house described above. Personally i don't care what size the rack is or ( when it is legal to hunt antlerless animals ) if it even has a set of antlers.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

It doesn't matter if it's a Gun, Power Tool, Utility Knife or a Toaster. HANDLE WITH CARE.

• Like 1

Here in the US, we don't have to shoot pheasants and partridge and wild turkey and deer that have been living in the woods naturally.

We can instead go to the store and buy chickens and turkeys and cows that have been bred to be so fat and grow so fast that they can't walk or function like their wild counterparts, and that live inside wallowing in their own filth, injected with antibiotics, and then killed on a conveyor belt after being crowded into areas/cages so small, that it is just accepted that some will die before making it to the killing floor anyhow.

Yea, hunting is the inhumane choice....

Unless you are a vegetarian, you can't comment on people who hunt and eat what they kill.

As for the dog, the idea of shooting the dog is just asinine, I think most people will agree on that.

Agreed. At least a wild animal has a chance to escape a hunters bad aim or detect a hunter in the woods by scent or sound

but animals raised for food have no chance. What hurts wildlife more then a hunters gun is the destruction of habitat for urban development.

• Like 2

that's right, Ryegrog, and in fact, hunters contribute (whether voluntarily or through license and stamp fees) more money than almost any other group.

I hunt with a gun for food, I hunt with a camera for sport ( and that is a whole catagory or two harder to do You don't need to get 20 feet away with a rifle. ) 1 bullet, three months food is a heck of a lot more humane that the slaughter house described above. Personally i don't care what size the rack is or ( when it is legal to hunt antlerless animals ) if it even has a set of antlers.

I was watching a Gordon Ramsey ( the chef with such a lovely tone and so calm ) programme ,Gordon was judging the best restaurants.. One restaurant in particular, the owner ( head chef ) spoke about making free meal for the hunters who bring their own kill / game to their restaurant.. The chef will prepare it and give them a free meal ..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

that's right, Ryegrog, and in fact, hunters contribute (whether voluntarily or through license and stamp fees) more money than almost any other group.

I used to hunt small game but most farmers now days lease their lands to outfitters to deer hunt. Can't hunt anymore.

I miss rabbit hunting. Used to smother BBQ sauce on it and bake it. YUM YUM. Sorry Vegans. :innocent:

If Dogs had hands, there would be a whole lot less people in this world!

Hey I can read this without my glasses on. LOL :yes:

I could read it without my monitor on.

I read it while browsing another website...

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

I read it while browsing another website...

Google Earth lol

• Like 1

Google Earth lol

Lol, that needed more than a like, have a few smilies to...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Lol, that needed more than a like, have a few smilies to...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I saw you all making jokes so I had to join in lol

• Like 1

ive seen a dingo play piano but a hunting hound shooting its owner... classic

• 4 years later...
On 9/23/2012 at 5:59 PM, CRIPTIC CHAMELEON said:

Hey I can read this without my glasses on. LOL :yes:

I could probably read it from space.

On 9/18/2012 at 4:25 AM, None of the above said:

Well his hunting days are over so I guess every cloud does have a silver lining :)

How is that a silver lining?

12 hours ago, Future ghost said:

2 hours ago, hatecraft said:

How is that a silver lining?

12 hours ago, Future ghost said:

I could probably read it from space.

Seems we can read it 5 years ago aswell!