Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Diana Vicari dismemberment-murder case

Lucas North-justiceseeker

You sound like you are close to the case? Yeah,the fiance along with Mazure need to be tested for DNA.those 2 individuals are the key to the whole thing.Do you know if Encila's current wife is the same fiance back from 1992?

No not close to the case. But deductive. They had arms. No body. What could they have obtained as far as DNA? The nails? Assumes she scratched him/her. So even if one could produce the names and whereabouts of the two left standing, what would be the value? Unless there is actually DNA.

It was mentioned they had"new dna" and they were trying at that time to figure out if it was"male or female".What does anybody have on the fiance or Mazure?Was Robert Encila's finace from then the same wife he has today? Where is Mazure now?

• 2 weeks later...

Mazure is missing so how did you find him? I know where Enicila is,just dont know if his current wife is the same fiance from 1992.This case needs to explode on the net.It sucks that you and me are the only ones who have posted in here.I want to tell everyone that there is likely no link to this case and the cases of Angela Brosso and Melanie Bernas.Are suspects here are Encila,Encila's 1992 fiance,Mazure and possibly Prion.Murder for hire is likely the senerio here.

Ok. I don't think it connects with those Phoenix cases. Sorry. But I do think some people are interested now. There has been high jingo from the beginning. It happened before the DNA revolution and is ending after. The guy is right there. Who is sitting on their thumbs right now? And why?

• 2 weeks later...

I am asking anyone who knew Diana Vicari,Robert Encila,his fiance,John Mazure and Lemuel Prion to chime in here.We need more info.

• 3 weeks later...

hi there, i was remembering this Vicari murder case from the early 1990's today after reading a random article in a magazine (which sparked my memory of this horrific tragedy of the young Vicari girl). i totally remember when this happened. i was in about 8th grade? i went to school with one of the Vicari sisters. it's a chilling and disturbing unsolved murder that deserves closure and justice. as of now, i was just cruising Google looking for back stories on this murder, that's how i found this website and the dialogue going on here. i plan to periodically tune in and see what is being posted here. i may be wrong, but, wasn't there an idea that the person who did this to her was maybe a trucker? like one of those guys who drives a big rig from city to city....? and maybe she was picked up by someone in that trade? i vaguely remember someone thinking that was a possibility...due to other murders of young women from here (Tucson) to Phoenix, and beyond)?

hi there, i was remembering this Vicari murder case from the early 1990's today after reading a random article in a magazine (which sparked my memory of this horrific tragedy of the young Vicari girl). i totally remember when this happened. i was in about 8th grade? i went to school with one of the Vicari sisters. it's a chilling and disturbing unsolved murder that deserves closure and justice. as of now, i was just cruising Google looking for back stories on this murder, that's how i found this website and the dialogue going on here. i plan to periodically tune in and see what is being posted here. i may be wrong, but, wasn't there an idea that the person who did this to her was maybe a trucker? like one of those guys who drives a big rig from city to city....? and maybe she was picked up by someone in that trade? i vaguely remember someone thinking that was a possibility...due to other murders of young women from here (Tucson) to Phoenix, and beyond)?

Did you here anything about John Mazure or Robert Encila,her drama teacher at Pima Community College? I know for a fact Encila still lives in Tuscon,Mazure is MIA.I aprechiate your interest in the case it's welcome.We can help solve this and bring Mazure,Encila and his fiance to justice.Yes it was a theory that there was a nationwide killer,but I think that there is no connection to Vicari and the Brosso/Bernas killings in Phoenix.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You are all reaching on the drama teacher theory. I use to live with Prion's stepbrother. They grew up together and are both sociopaths. Believe me, I have no doubt Prion did it. He's just one lucky b****** to get away with it.

I no doubt belive prion is a sick twisted ********** however I also believe Encila did it.Either to cover up the afair so the fiance wouldnt find out or for the fiance. Please elaborate 310156.

I hope someone finds her killer so I can tell her mom and her sister now that they are gone too, Debbie has a daughter that would love to know who killed her aunt. Thank you for any updates.

I hope someone finds her killer so I can tell her mom and her sister now that they are gone too, Debbie has a daughter that would love to know who killed her aunt. Thank you for any updates.

Okay so have you met Encila or the Fiance? And what have you heard from friends? Also do you know about Mazure and his current whereabouts?

I went to school with Angie. Knew the family. Knew the people involved. I think I know who did it, but it's very difficult to get the case reopned. After Prion was vacated, the case was closed, at least according to the Tucson prosecutors office.

You are all reaching on the drama teacher theory. I use to live with Prion's stepbrother. They grew up together and are both sociopaths. Believe me, I have no doubt Prion did it. He's just one lucky b****** to get away with it.

Well there are 4 main suspects. Lemual, Encillas, Encillas's fiance, and John Mazure. Honestly, I think if they DNA tested the arms and every one of those people, I think we would have some answers.

The arms were found in a heavy duty black plastic bag in the downtown Tuscon area.They were probably severed to help get rid of the body easier.

I used to think that, but I actually believe the killer left those arms as a way of subconsciously or consciously telling the family she was dead.

Who is Greg Hatton? He was cited in AZ supreme court decision as alternative suspect by the defense.

He was a coke head in the circle of people she knew from Eegees. He was sent to prison I believe on a child molestation case, if I recall he sodomized a young child. He worked at the Chevron across the street from Eeegees on 22nd and Craycroft. Edited by Nathan Storm

I don't know why that seems like it would be a better reality, to have some stranger have done it. But, I think it does somehow feel "better" to think that was a stranger. Sadly, in cases like this it's usually an acquaintance or even close friend.

Close to the time of her murder, Diana was hanging out with a lot of sleazy characters. She always wanted to be part of the crowd, sometimes even if it wasn't a crowd you want to associate with. Ask yourself why she would have even been with a sleazy guy like Lemual Prion.

I know she had been hanging out with a hooker who lived on miracle mile(now Oracle Mile). Tabitha was said to have suggested prostitution to her as a way of making money. I also heard rumors of her possibly trying to sell some pot to make money. She was working at Bazils and at Eegee's, where John Mazure worked. John had been reprimanded recently for attempting to bite a workers nose off. I tried to contact Eegees about the records but was told the files had long since been destroyed.

John Mazure was friends with Greg Hatton aka Greg Hall. who were both heavily into cocaine and other drugs and know from my own experiences that the crowd of guys were very violent and sadistic for the most part. I even at one point remember them all standing in a room with a sword talking about what it would be like to cut someones arms off. I don't know if it was connected, but definitely a strange coincidence. DNA evidence will solve this case. We just need to test the arms and the potential suspects.

The other possible reality could have been Encillas and his fiance murdering Diana by accident after an argument at that house. I think Encillas used to take Diana to that house his mom owned to have sex with her. Maybe the fiance got wise and chaos ensued.

I could see them murdering her accidentally, then desperate to get rid of the body cut it into pieces. However the arms resembled something you would see out of a horror movie. They were riddled with cactus quills and cuts. A condition that iterated a possible escape attempt or something in the desert.

Dianas car broke down at the Moshtoberfest that night, and her "friends" left her and went to the party, near where he car was found.

I could see her possibly calling this "person" for help, not realizing the danger she was putting herself into, or maybe this person had been stalking her, dismantled a part of her car, they would be able to easily fix; then conveniently showing up when she was broke down.

But it does seem unlikely in some ways that she was being stalked, because he would have no way of knowing that her friends wouldn't help her with her car. They just happened to blow her off, and leave for the party. Unless Lemual had been stalking her. He was said to have threatened Tabitha with a survival knife. Maybe Lemual had become obsessed with Diana. I am going to look into finding out exactly what it would take to have the case reopened and the arms tested. I pray to G-d, the arms haven't somehow been lost.

That is one of the other main problems with this case. I think there was a prostitution ring being covered up by our police force, and the murder of Diana was diverted away from that so that the police force wouldn't be held responsible. That does seem crazy, but amazingly enough there was tons of lose ends the police disregarded. And with no concrete answers, you have to turn over every possible rock.

Edited by Nathan Storm

This is all very interesting stuff Nathan.

First off, I forgot about Troy Olsen and where does he fit into this?

Second, did Hatton and Mazure travel to Phoenix to score drugs? Did they take a road trip in the weeks after Diana's death? If they did were they at a Halloween party with some costumed monks/warlocks?

Third, how long were Encila and Diana having their affair? Did Ginny find out and he did it on her orders or did Ginny hire Hatton and Mazure or even Prion?

Fourth, where did you get the info about the arms covered in cactus quills? That wasnt in any of the court documents I saw.

Edited by Lucas North-justiceseeker

I guess Nathan Storm was a troll.

Anyway I did some reseach and found out Greg Hatton is in jail for life because he abused and sodomized his girlfriends baby. This happened back in 1993 and he was scentenced to 90 years. They said in the atricle that he was into coke, meth and marijuana and was dealing it out of that Chevron.

The question is what about Mazure, where is he now?

MY NAME IS JILL, I WENT TO SCHOOL AT FICKETT MS AT THE TIME THIS HAPPENED, THIS STORY HAS LAYED HEAVY ON MY MIND FOR MANY YEARS,FOR MANY REASONS....AT THE TIME I WAS IN 7-8TH GRADE,I WENT SKATING AT SKATE COUNTRY ANY CHANCE I HAD, I DIDNT HAVE MUCH ADULT SUPERVISION, MY BF WAS A GIRL NAMED LORAE,SHE WAS A YEAR OR SO OLDER THAN ME, FOR LACK OF BETTER WORDS SHE WAS VERY SEXUALLY ACTIVE, I WAS INTRODUCED TO ALOT OF MEN,ALL OLDER IN A SHORT TIME WHILE WE HUNG OUT...ONE IN PARTICULAR WAS A MAN NAMED GREG WHO WORKED AT CHEVERON (I BELIEVE IT WAS) ACROSS FROM THE EGEES DIANA WORKED AT...WHAT BOTHERS ME IS,WE WOULD GO IN THE STORE AND HE WOULD SAY TOO LORAE,IM NOT LOOKING, AS SHE SWIPED CIGS (THEY USED TO BE DISPLAYED,NOT HANDED TOO YOU BY THE CLERK) ANYWAYS....THIS CAN GET TO BE A LONG STORY, BUT, LORAE AND GREG (I THINK THAT WAS HIS NAME BUT ID KNOW FOR SURE IF I SEEN HIM, WICH I HAVE PREVIOUSLY WHEN SEARCHING ABOUT THIS TRAGEDY, SEEN HIS PICTURE BUT CANNOT FIND NOW) BOTTOM LINE WE WERE 14&15 YRS OLD IF THAT, HE INVITED LORAE TO HIS HOUSE TO "PARTY" SHE ASKED ME TO COME, I DID....FROM THE TIME WE GOT THERE I JUST DIDNT FEEL RITE...WE DRANK A FEW WINE COOLERS OR BEERS THEY SMOKED A JOINT,AND WERE TRYING TO GET US TO DO SOME OTHER DRUGS,NEITHER OF US DID, I WAS SCARED, HE HAD A ROOMATE OR FRIEND THERE AND THEY GOT TOUCHY FEELY AND AGGRESSIVE ,I WAS CREEPED OUT AND TOLD LORAE ,WE GOTTA GO I DONT WANT TO BE HERE, I DONT EVEN REMEMBER IF I LEFT WITH OR WITHOUT HER, I ONLY REMEMBER SHE WENT UPSTAIRS, OR IN A ROOM WITH GREG, THEY WERE ALOT OLDER AND I JUST REMEMBER FREAKING OUT BUT CALMLY....GETTING THE **** OUT THE FRONT DOOR AND RUNNING, THE SUSPECT GREG IN DIANA'S CASE WORKED RITE ACROSS THE STREET FROM HER, I THINK SOMETHING ABOUT HIM WAS OVERLOOKED, HE ABSOLUTELY WAS AND PROBABLY STILL IS A PEDOPHILE...I MOVED TO FL 05/94....IM GLAD TO FINALLY FIND A WAY TO SAY WHATS BEEN ON MY MIND ABOUT WHO MIGHT HAVE DONE THIS, I JUST FEEL IN MY HEART AS I DID THAT NIGHT THAT HE /THEY WERE CAPABLE OF ANY SICK TWISTED DESIRE WITH A YOUNG GIRL THEY COULD OVERPOWER...IF I CAN HELP IN ANYWAY ,ANY QUESTIONS...I WILL DO MY BEST, IDK WHAT EVIDENCE THERE IS IN THE CASE, I JUST KNOW HE WAS A SUSPECT.....AND HE LIKED YOUNG GIRLS

I guess Nathan Storm was a troll.

Anyway I did some reseach and found out Greg Hatton is in jail for life because he abused and sodomized his girlfriends baby. This happened back in 1993 and he was scentenced to 90 years. They said in the atricle that he was into coke, meth and marijuana and was dealing it out of that Chevron.

The question is what about Mazure, where is he now?

IDK who Mazure is.....I cant find pics of any of suspets accept for Lemure??? or whoever was convicted and overturned, but wow, I knew he was a sick b******...OMG I didn't see this post when I shared about Hatton and my encounter with him, for all I know one of the other suspects was the friend or roommate the night I was there, what happened to Diana was so shortly after my encounter, I kept in touch with a few friends after coming to FL, I was even told I was asked about by police in reguards to Hatton/ Chevron dude, I was young but told friends,"well if they want to speak too me give them my phone number ",nothing became of it, so I chalked it up to gossip....this has always been something that bothered me, I cant imagine all the suffering of her family, and theres no reason this hasn't been solved, all the answers have been rite there, I swear I would fly to AZ visit Hatton and get something from him if he is the one, this case needs closure, I always felt it was Chevron dude, (Hatton) Edited by jdk2222

IDK who Mazure is.....I cant find pics of any of suspets accept for Lemure??? or whoever was convicted and overturned, but wow, I knew he was a sick b******...OMG I didn't see this post when I shared about Hatton and my encounter with him, for all I know one of the other suspects was the friend or roommate the night I was there, what happened to Diana was so shortly after my encounter, I kept in touch with a few friends after coming to FL, I was even told I was asked about by police in reguards to Hatton/ Chevron dude, I was young but told friends,"well if they want to speak too me give them my phone number ",nothing became of it, so I chalked it up to gossip....this has always been something that bothered me, I cant imagine all the suffering of her family, and theres no reason this hasn't been solved, all the answers have been rite there, I swear I would fly to AZ visit Hatton and get something from him if he is the one, this case needs closure, I always felt it was Chevron dude, (Hatton)

John Mazure was allegedly a friend of Hattons who worked at Egees or the New orleans lounge or both. Debbie Vicari mentioned him oh her YouTube page before she passed away. She said he was missing and police could not find him. Hatton was into drugs and there is probably a good chance Mazure was too. Maybe Mazure along with Hatton knew Encila, his fiancee Ginny or the fiancee's mother.

I believe Mazure is the key to this whole thing.