Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Diana Vicari dismemberment-murder case

Lucas North-justiceseeker

I don't know why that seems like it would be a better reality, to have some stranger have done it. But, I think it does somehow feel "better" to think that was a stranger. Sadly, in cases like this it's usually an acquaintance or even close friend.

Close to the time of her murder, Diana was hanging out with a lot of sleazy characters. She always wanted to be part of the crowd, sometimes even if it wasn't a crowd you want to associate with. Ask yourself why she would have even been with a sleazy guy like Lemual Prion.

I know she had been hanging out with a hooker who lived on miracle mile(now Oracle Mile). Tabitha was said to have suggested prostitution to her as a way of making money. I also heard rumors of her possibly trying to sell some pot to make money. She was working at Bazils and at Eegee's, where John Mazure worked. John had been reprimanded recently for attempting to bite a workers nose off. I tried to contact Eegees about the records but was told the files had long since been destroyed.

John Mazure was friends with Greg Hatton aka Greg Hall. who were both heavily into cocaine and other drugs and know from my own experiences that the crowd of guys were very violent and sadistic for the most part. I even at one point remember them all standing in a room with a sword talking about what it would be like to cut someones arms off. I don't know if it was connected, but definitely a strange coincidence. DNA evidence will solve this case. We just need to test the arms and the potential suspects.

The other possible reality could have been Encillas and his fiance murdering Diana by accident after an argument at that house. I think Encillas used to take Diana to that house his mom owned to have sex with her. Maybe the fiance got wise and chaos ensued.

I could see them murdering her accidentally, then desperate to get rid of the body cut it into pieces. However the arms resembled something you would see out of a horror movie. They were riddled with cactus quills and cuts. A condition that iterated a possible escape attempt or something in the desert.

Dianas car broke down at the Moshtoberfest that night, and her "friends" left her and went to the party, near where he car was found.

I could see her possibly calling this "person" for help, not realizing the danger she was putting herself into, or maybe this person had been stalking her, dismantled a part of her car, they would be able to easily fix; then conveniently showing up when she was broke down.

But it does seem unlikely in some ways that she was being stalked, because he would have no way of knowing that her friends wouldn't help her with her car. They just happened to blow her off, and leave for the party. Unless Lemual had been stalking her. He was said to have threatened Tabitha with a survival knife. Maybe Lemual had become obsessed with Diana. I am going to look into finding out exactly what it would take to have the case reopened and the arms tested. I pray to G-d, the arms haven't somehow been lost.

That is one of the other main problems with this case. I think there was a prostitution ring being covered up by our police force, and the murder of Diana was diverted away from that so that the police force wouldn't be held responsible. That does seem crazy, but amazingly enough there was tons of lose ends the police disregarded. And with no concrete answers, you have to turn over every possible rock.

Are you there Nathan? If you are serious then tell me about Mazure and where to find him. There in no record of John Mazure in criminal databases in Arizona. Was he from back east ?

I knew Diana, and actually graduated with her at Tuller School. We had a graduating class of 5. One was from the North household. I forgot her name, she didn't attend classes with us, but she was part of the ceremony.

When I heard about Diana, I was at the U of A. Of course, the feeling was disbelief that it happened to someone that I knew. Those feelings were shared with feelings of disbelief that no one knew what happened. I remember seeing her car that she drove everyday to school on tv, instead this time the car was hooked up to a tow truck backwards being hauled away. I remember learning that her beenie or something was placed over the gear shift like she had always done when leaving her vehicle. To think about that now, someone had posted that she had just taken her keys with her and didn't intend on staying long because she didn't take anything else, possibly could be discounted. Whatever the intent, she arrived to her destination by her own free will, based on the way she left whatever it was, hat or beenie or something like that over the stick shift. If she arrived somewhere that she wasn't comfortable or felt uneasy, she may have left her car a different way as a sign to others that there was something wrong. I'm also pretty sure that the car was found in an upscale housing neighborhood, possibly even in the driveway.

I'm also pretty sure that I remember that she was seen at a bar, but she wasn't allowed in and I kind of remember something about a bouncer at the bar and something happening in the parking lot.

Its strange to try to remember to way back then in an effort to uncover anything that may help. This whole time, I've pretty much been consumed with just the fact that it happened.

I do remember hearing that a psychic was hired to help in the case, but I thought the psychic was hired by the police. I remember the way I felt when hearing that sometimes police go to psychics in an effort to gain clues to help solve mysteries. I don't think the psychic had been of much help though. I also remember talking about cases like this that sometimes there will be false reports to the public as a way to weed out people that are calling in just to be a part of the drama. For example, reporting that the suspect was wearing a red shirt, so anyone calling in stating they know something about the suspect wearing a red shirt could be discounted. However, if there were calls that reported they had thought the suspect was wearing a blue shirt, and in fact the suspect was wearing a blue shirt, those would be the leads they would follow up on.

I'm pretty sure that I also heard that the way that the cuts were made showed that whoever it was making those cuts knew what they were doing, not with a knife, but more like a scalpel. I'm pretty sure the rumor was that the way the arms were "severed" was strategic taking into account the arteries and veins, they were clean cuts, like a surgeon or something. There was even mention that possibly since there was no body found, and the way the cuts were made,it was possible that Diana could have not been murdered at all, but kept alive, more like amputations. Shortly after this happened, I remember going to Park Mall in an attempt to "get it out of my head." At the mall I remember being approached by someone who was taking a survey or something about whether I had seen or would be interested in seeing a movie about a girl getting her arms and legs cut off. I remember not wanting anything to do with this lady and was just wanting to get away from her. I didn't feel like she had any business in knowing how close to home and what a "coincidence" that they would make a movie at the same time about something kind of similar. I thought "who would go see a movie like that?" If I hadn't gone to the mall that day, I probably wouldn't even know that movie existed. The next thing that I remember is going to see the movie....Boxing Helena. I don't remember much of the movie other than sure enough this woman was kept alive after getting her arms and legs cut off. This deranged man kept her in his basement. I remember thinking "wow, that could have happened to Diana too...maybe she's alive." Of course I discounted the very thought of it.

Wow...I've seen this site before...I've tried to make a comment, but something went wrong with the registration or something. I couldn't do it from my phone. I thought its a good thing that at least one person was still trying to get this mystery solved. I also wanted to post that I went to school with her. I don't know if you would like any pictures, but I know I have some of graduation and some other candid shots of her while we were passing the time being separated from the rest of the world in private school. I remember Diana as a tuff girl that would be able to take care of herself...not so much of a scrapper, but if the situation presented itself, I feel like it would take more than one person to take her down, and that she wouldn't be one to scratch and pull hair, but to...like I said...take care of herself. Her sister Angie had the same "fight" in her. Another thing that stands out is that Tuller had a memorial service for her. The chapel was packed full. I remember walking with her dad after it was over. He had an overwhelming calm about him that somewhat comforted me, and at the same time shocked me. He was not into tracking down who was responsible for this. He made comments like whoever it is will have to face judgement in the end and he was not the one to be the judge. He was confident in knowing his price had been paid. I think he was a religious man and knowing more about the Lord Jesus now, I can see that Diana's dad was unwilling to allow this person to rob him of anything more than he already had. He was not living his life out full of hate for this person. He rejoiced in knowing and being a part of Diana's life and wanted to remember her in life and not so much willing to die with her. I remember at the time, and still today, I'm not so sure I could be so forgiving had it been my child. It takes a big man to forgive....or maybe a small man who gives it up to the one who died for us (and also for him, the least of all of us). I haven't seen anything in the media that he is leading the way to find out who done it, and a side note...I thought it was more than one ring that was on her hands. Thanks for the avenue to tell this story to people who care.

• 1 month later...

The police should not have been so negligent and dismissive of given evidence. From someone who knew both Greg and Diana, he should have been their main focus.

Edited by Tyr876

I was just informed of this forum, and I see I have a lot of reading to do but it will have to be tomorrow because I am tired.

I am Diana's sister. You won't find me in the papers as much as you did the rest of the family, just listed as a survivor. I really tried to stay out of the media and commotion.

I am quite impressed with how much information you know. In fact I am surprised.

I am also hoping that this will be revisited by the Tucson Detectives and will contact them soon.

I have created a page in the memory of Diana on FB. please go and like the page. It is time to get people talking again. I am the only one left other than our father and he is quite depressed now after losing 3 out of his 4 children.

• Like 3

I myself did not examine her arms and even if I did I wouldn't know what to look for, but we were told that rigor mortis had already come and gone before her arms were removed, she yes she is dead. As long as we were told the truth and not lied to just to make it easier for us I should say. That is why I made the remark about not examining them myself.

I have lost a lot of trust in the TPD and just about any so called "justice" system to do their job and be honest.

Also, I saw the comment about the media giving misleading info, and yes they did. So to keep that angle I won't be telling the truth about those details.

Her car had a lot of issues so it was not out of the ordinary that it broke down. It was leaking gas for one and caught on fire on me one night when I went driving around in it after it had been released to us. It was examined before they released it to us.

I am afraid that I cannot add much to the actual investigation and research aspect of this case. I can however mention that I worked with Diana at Eegee's for several months prior to and during the time of her apparent murder. Following the news reports, the employees were instructed to not speak to any media at the store.

Shortly after, there were some vigils held in the alley where the dumpster was located. I visited with another girl that worked there. I spray painted some saying of love and remembrance on the wall. I don't even remember what I wrote, I was sobbing uncontrollably.

As the years pass, I remember fewer and fewer details about her. She had a great smile and I always thought she was so cool. I also remember how generous and trusting she was. Many of her coworkers and I felt that this trust had something to do with what happened to her.

I know this doesn't help out a lot. I just wanted to people to know that I think about her occasionally. I am sure I am not the only one.

Edited by Kwantum
  • Like 1

Diana Vicari was last seen alive around midnight on October 23 1992 in Tuscon,Arizona.Her severed arms were found in a dumpster on oct 24 by a woman collecting aluminum cans.The arms were identified through fingerprints and a ring given to Vicari by her father.The rest of her body was never found and the case remained unsolved for years.Then in 1995 Lemuel Prion from Utah was charged and later sentenced to death in 1999,but in 2003 the conviction was overturned and the case remains cold to this day.Prions defence team theorized a man named John Mazure was responsible for the murder.Also Diana was having an afair with her drama teacher at Pima Community College.The teachers name is Robert Encila who had a fiance whos name has been withheld from the public.Dianas car was found abandoned near a house in escrow beloning to the fiances mother.This case may or may not be connected to the 1992/1992 Phoenix murders of Angela Brosso and Melanie Bernas.I decided to start this thread to gather new intell and help solve this 20 year old murder once and for all.Dianas sister Debbie Vicari worked hard for years trying to track down the killer,but passed away in 2009 from complications from surgery.I hope that we the public can come together and help solve this case. http://caselaw.findl...rt/1291382.html

These cases of murder are so sad, buts its usually someone the victum knows.Cutting off the arms could be a indication of the murderer anger or jealousy over this victum`s touching or loving someone. The murderer could be a man or a women.

I don't think this case has to be or ever had to be such a "mystery". If the police/detectives had done their job right in the first place and had interviewed more people in the beginning they would have had more than the BS of blaming some whack job like Lemule. This tore my family apart and I truly believe it contributed to the deaths of my mother, sister, and brother (from depression). I don't want to say too much, but I agree that Gregory S. Hatton does need to be investigated further and I believed this since the day i stopped by the chevron on my home after my Mom told me she was missing. Greg was an acquaintance of mine (I am not proud) and i was one of the witnesses (along with a few friends) that testified in the trail against him and his gf that sent them both to prison for molesting his gf's baby boy. Unfortunately it was not until then he was charged with that crime that I was taken seriously about him needing to be investigated and by then he could not be questioned on anything other than the case about the baby, or so we were told.

Diana was very trusting, and very caring. She also was very interested in the wild life as she was always the Goody-Two-Shoes of the family. She had only recently began to live like a "bad girl" over the last few years of her life and a lot of it was more show than anything. It was not really her. She was a good girl. She did not use drugs, did not smoke, did not sleep around. She did drink, but that is it. She also did not sell drugs, but knew people that did. She did know a lot of people that did so what she did not do though and was in a crowd that I personally felt was not her crowd. IE topless dancers, drug dealers, prostitutes, etc, etc, etc. She took me up to a motel on Miracle Mile where her friend lived and worked out of once shortly before she was murdered. There was much more than one prostitute there. You name it, that "motel" had it and sold it. Not a place or the people for Di to be running around with. As I said it was not her. She wasn't the type to run the streets. She was, as I said, the goody-goody of the 4 of us.

I don't think this case has to be or ever had to be such a "mystery". If the police/detectives had done their job right in the first place and had interviewed more people in the beginning they would have had more than the BS of blaming some whack job like Lemule. This tore my family apart and I truly believe it contributed to the deaths of my mother, sister, and brother (from depression). I don't want to say too much, but I agree that Gregory S. Hatton does need to be investigated further and I believed this since the day i stopped by the chevron on my home after my Mom told me she was missing. Greg was an acquaintance of mine (I am not proud) and i was one of the witnesses (along with a few friends) that testified in the trail against him and his gf that sent them both to prison for molesting his gf's baby boy. Unfortunately it was not until then he was charged with that crime that I was taken seriously about him needing to be investigated and by then he could not be questioned on anything other than the case about the baby, or so we were told.

Diana was very trusting, and very caring. She also was very interested in the wild life as she was always the Goody-Two-Shoes of the family. She had only recently began to live like a "bad girl" over the last few years of her life and a lot of it was more show than anything. It was not really her. She was a good girl. She did not use drugs, did not smoke, did not sleep around. She did drink, but that is it. She also did not sell drugs, but knew people that did. She did know a lot of people that did so what she did not do though and was in a crowd that I personally felt was not her crowd. IE topless dancers, drug dealers, prostitutes, etc, etc, etc. She took me up to a motel on Miracle Mile where her friend lived and worked out of once shortly before she was murdered. There was much more than one prostitute there. You name it, that "motel" had it and sold it. Not a place or the people for Di to be running around with. As I said it was not her. She wasn't the type to run the streets. She was, as I said, the goody-goody of the 4 of us.

Sorry I haven't came onto the forum for weeks. Seeing how you are Diana and Debbie's sister, I was wondering if you knew the whereabouts of John Mazure? He is apparently MIA according to your sister Debbie's final Facebook post. I think it is great that you still want justice for Diana after all these years and I look forward to helping you. I myself never met anyone involved, just came across this case while investigating the Brosso/Bernas killings. Please tell me about Mazure, he could have co-conspired with Hatton or killed her himself.

• Like 1

Diana's arms I think were dismembered because she used to play the piano really well when she was younger and maybe whomever did this might have known that. Clue for you all. Good luck and let me know if you find anymore information on this subject please. It has been on my mind alot more recently. Thank you. I went to visit Mom and Diana for the 1st time since Dianas arms were found in the Binghampton Cemetary and it needs some cleaning but looks nice and need to visit Debbie in California where she is burried and need to soon. I hope I can by Christmas. I will keep looking for this information and praying for this person that killed Diana be punished for his crimes, and I am sure he has more than just Diana under his belt. He or she needs to be caught and burned. Anyone check out the wife of Robert Encila?

Diana's arms I think were dismembered because she used to play the piano really well when she was younger and maybe whomever did this might have known that. Clue for you all. Good luck and let me know if you find anymore information on this subject please. It has been on my mind alot more recently. Thank you. I went to visit Mom and Diana for the 1st time since Dianas arms were found in the Binghampton Cemetary and it needs some cleaning but looks nice and need to visit Debbie in California where she is burried and need to soon. I hope I can by Christmas. I will keep looking for this information and praying for this person that killed Diana be punished for his crimes, and I am sure he has more than just Diana under his belt. He or she needs to be caught and burned. Anyone check out the wife of Robert Encila?

@ Lucas North I do not know where John Mazure is. I didn't even know he existed until after Diana was murdered and he was already MIA. I most likely met him when Diana took me to her work at Bazil's but I don't remember. I did know about Diana's affair with her teacher, which is how I knew about him. I never did meet him. He and his at the time fiance had alibis. Hatton on the other hand, I knew very well and saw pretty regularly. He was foolishly dismissed as a suspect early on, until he was charged with sodomizing his girlfriend's 10 month old baby boy. He did not have an alibi. He was at home alone reading!! He did not read. Ever see a tweaker sit down and read a book? He was all wasted on meth which was his sudden preference switched from cocaine right when Diana was killed. He may have known Mazure. He knew a lot of people.

I see so much speculation about why her arms were cut off on this thread. Touching, the piano. I think it was because the person was crazy. Or perhaps people.

@ AVICARI, I am sorry if I might have sounded stupid about the situation, but I am just trying to help. I have not seen or heard from any of the family since last I saw Debbie at the Reid Park band shell after Dianas arms were found. I still go by the alley where they were found everyday. I wish I could have seen your mom before she died too, but was not able to get ahold of her. SO I want to go visit her . I used to go over to your apt on Pima when you were little and did not know where you all went in 1994.

I hope you find the person or persons that did this to Diana. Soon, and you should be soon.

@ AVICARI, I am sorry if I might have sounded stupid about the situation, but I am just trying to help. I have not seen or heard from any of the family since last I saw Debbie at the Reid Park band shell after Dianas arms were found. I still go by the alley where they were found everyday. I wish I could have seen your mom before she died too, but was not able to get ahold of her. SO I want to go visit her . I used to go over to your apt on Pima when you were little and did not know where you all went in 1994.

I hope you find the person or persons that did this to Diana. Soon, and you should be soon.

@purplepants I am sorry if I sounded rude by my comment about the speculation. Thank you for wanting to help, I do appreciate it. This is still very hard for me, and I am barely able to deal with it but I am forcing myself to. I hope you understand.

I just had a big post written out and then clicked a few wrong keys by mistake and deleted it all. Sometimes I think it is more than a coincidence when i do that. Perhaps I was saying too much.

I do want to repeat that Greg Hatton really is a Major suspect on my list. If not the actual person then one involved or having more knowledge than he is admitting to. I always suspected him but did not vocalize it much until after he sent me a message through his old roommate Sheldon ( I think that was his name) asking if i still thought he did it. I don't know why he thought that. From the day her arms were found he would ask me "You know it wasn't me right?" and i would answer him that of course I knew he didn't do it. It made me more and more suspicious every time and since nobody would investigate him I made it a point to go over to his place even more and "hang out" with him. Soon after he got his new girlfriend Angela and wanted people around less and less. Then he didn't want anyone over and said Angela wanted to be alone. Seemed to strange for me so after 2 weeks of him not letting anyone go to his place I decided to go over there with a friend of mine and walk in without knocking, just to find 10 month old baby Stephen laying on the ground on his back. Just laying there, and as I walked in he started screaming. Still not getting up. Not moving. He had a large burn on his leg and was pale as a ghost. Angela was afraid to take him to the Hospital becasue CPS would get on her ass. I told her her baby could die and she needed to take him! I called CPS myself but because i did not have the address they did not go check on the baby. I gave them directions, and I gave them a phone number, as well as Greg's full name. So they could have gone, but again the authorities did not investigate Greg. I should have called the police to check on the baby but I was 17 and confused. I thought CPS would do their job. After a few days Angela took the baby to the hospital where they fond he was sodomized and his arms and legs had various breaks from pushing and pulling. He had cigarette burns and herpes lesions on his testicles. Does this sound like someone that could have possibly murdered and cut off my sisters arms? I think so.

Oh, and Greg was one of the last to see her that day before she went to the Moshtober Fest. She stopped by to see if he wanted to go with her. He told me this, and that he said no and was at home alone, reading. She had a crush on him. On my birthday 2 weeks before she was killed she asked me if I liked him and if I would mind if she went for him. I told her he was just a friend and i didn't mind but that I really thought he was not for her, and she shouldn't but that it was her choice.

Angela and Greg need to be questioned again. Was Angela afraid of Greg? How could she almost let her baby die due to the abuse? Did he threaten her? Is she still afraid?

I remember Greg telling me about a bar called the Hideout where he used to like to go. May not be significant, but it just stays in my mind. He spoke of it as if it was a real Bad Ass place for Bad Ass people.

• Like 1

@AVicari. Oh I understand how you feel. It sounds like it could be the one. I know where the hideout is its near my house, maybe the police or dectectives should look in the field in the back of the bar. Or find Greg and see if he is still with that girl he was with. Anyway if you need my help then let me know what you need. Anytime you want to talk, call me if you want and /or we could go for coffee. 5203366344 and if it doesnt go through wait a week and it will go through okay. I mean it anytime you need to talk or spill out something let me know. Susan

Greg is still in Florence Prison as well as his Girlfriend Angela and they have about 50 years left of their sentances. well deserved too. I hope they stay there. Then again, If Angela was actually afraid as I suspect she should talk.

• Like 2

@ Lucas North I do not know where John Mazure is. I didn't even know he existed until after Diana was murdered and he was already MIA. I most likely met him when Diana took me to her work at Bazil's but I don't remember. I did know about Diana's affair with her teacher, which is how I knew about him. I never did meet him. He and his at the time fiance had alibis. Hatton on the other hand, I knew very well and saw pretty regularly. He was foolishly dismissed as a suspect early on, until he was charged with sodomizing his girlfriend's 10 month old baby boy. He did not have an alibi. He was at home alone reading!! He did not read. Ever see a tweaker sit down and read a book? He was all wasted on meth which was his sudden preference switched from cocaine right when Diana was killed. He may have known Mazure. He knew a lot of people.

I see so much speculation about why her arms were cut off on this thread. Touching, the piano. I think it was because the person was crazy. Or perhaps people.

Thank you for getting back to me. I understand you were unaware of Mazure until after your sisters murder, however, he is absolutely vital to the effort to bring justice to Diana. Did you hear anything about him at all? I tried looking him up on the internet, but there is no criminal record for anyone named John Mazure in the state of Arizona. In addition, you say he worked at Bazil's, yet I have heard he worked at Eegees and the New Orleans Lounge as well. Apparently he showed up to work at the New Orleans Lounge the morning after Diana was last seen alive and appeared so "disoriented and disheveled" that he was fired. Troy Olsen allegedly worked there as well and initially told police that Diana walked out of that bar with Lemuel, but later backtracked. Is it possible he could have been in cahoots with Mazure and Hatton? I do agree Hatton was very likely involved, but believe he had help. Also what was his motive? That is where Encilla and his fiance come in. I believe that the fiance found out about the affair and tells Robert to kill her if she wants to be with her. So Robert decided to hire drug addicts (Hatton/Mazure/Olsen?) and the addicts follow Diana that night from the New Orleans Lounge to Encilla's fiancees mothers house, with Diana thinking she will meet Robert there, but that is where Hatton and Mazure, whose motive is they desperately need cash for drugs, are lying in wait and then grab Diana. This is one of countless theories, however this is the one I believe to make the most scene. Do you have any crumb of info on Mazure? Do you at least know if he was originally out of state? That would help me track him down, however, it is likely he is dead. Maybe he was killed by Hatton or Encilla to ensure he did not sell them out to the cops. In regards to the fiancee, what was her name? Was it Ginny? And finally, thank you for coming on the forum. I know it isn't easy for you to relive this tragedy but I feel that this will lead to a renewed interest in the case and possibly the break that it so desperately needs.

http://caselaw.findl...rt/1291382.html Mazure-New Orleans Lounge source

"23 The defense offered the following evidence regarding Mazure:  he was a co-worker of Vicari's at Eegees, a restaurant in Tucson;  he was disciplined for sexually harassing female co-workers on the job;  he tried to conceal his discipline from the police;  he attempted to rape one of his female co-workers at his apartment after work;  he had a violent temper and bit a woman's nose during a fight;  he rented a new apartment on the day of Vicari's disappearance;  that new apartment was close to both the New Orleans nightclub and the location at which Vicari's car was found;  he was working at the New Orleans on the night Vicari disappeared;  he denied that fact when questioned by the police;  one of the doormen at the New Orleans said Vicari was let in to the bar that night specifically to see him;  and finally, he appeared at work the next morning after Vicari's disappearance so disheveled and disoriented that he was fired.   He was also considered a suspect early in the investigation, at least to the extent that his car was tested by the police for the presence of blood."

Edited by Lucas North-justiceseeker
  • Like 1

Thank you for getting back to me. I understand you were unaware of Mazure until after your sisters murder, however, he is absolutely vital to the effort to bring justice to Diana. Did you hear anything about him at all? I tried looking him up on the internet, but there is no criminal record for anyone named John Mazure in the state of Arizona. In addition, you say he worked at Bazil's, yet I have heard he worked at Eegees and the New Orleans Lounge as well. Apparently he showed up to work at the New Orleans Lounge the morning after Diana was last seen alive and appeared so "disoriented and disheveled" that he was fired. Troy Olsen allegedly worked there as well and initially told police that Diana walked out of that bar with Lemuel, but later backtracked. Is it possible he could have been in cahoots with Mazure and Hatton? I do agree Hatton was very likely involved, but believe he had help. Also what was his motive? That is where Encilla and his fiance come in. I believe that the fiance found out about the affair and tells Robert to kill her if she wants to be with her. So Robert decided to hire drug addicts (Hatton/Mazure/Olsen?) and the addicts follow Diana that night from the New Orleans Lounge to Encilla's fiancees mothers house, with Diana thinking she will meet Robert there, but that is where Hatton and Mazure, whose motive is they desperately need cash for drugs, are lying in wait and then grab Diana. This is one of countless theories, however this is the one I believe to make the most scene. Do you have any crumb of info on Mazure? Do you at least know if he was originally out of state? That would help me track him down, however, it is likely he is dead. Maybe he was killed by Hatton or Encilla to ensure he did not sell them out to the cops. In regards to the fiancee, what was her name? Was it Ginny? And finally, thank you for coming on the forum. I know it isn't easy for you to relive this tragedy but I feel that this will lead to a renewed interest in the case and possibly the break that it so desperately needs.

http://caselaw.findl...rt/1291382.html Mazure-New Orleans Lounge source

"23 The defense offered the following evidence regarding Mazure:  he was a co-worker of Vicari's at Eegees, a restaurant in Tucson;  he was disciplined for sexually harassing female co-workers on the job;  he tried to conceal his discipline from the police;  he attempted to rape one of his female co-workers at his apartment after work;  he had a violent temper and bit a woman's nose during a fight;  he rented a new apartment on the day of Vicari's disappearance;  that new apartment was close to both the New Orleans nightclub and the location at which Vicari's car was found;  he was working at the New Orleans on the night Vicari disappeared;  he denied that fact when questioned by the police;  one of the doormen at the New Orleans said Vicari was let in to the bar that night specifically to see him;  and finally, he appeared at work the next morning after Vicari's disappearance so disheveled and disoriented that he was fired.   He was also considered a suspect early in the investigation, at least to the extent that his car was tested by the police for the presence of blood."

Ok, looks like I got the wrong workplace. I understand how Hatton and Mazure could have been in cahoots as you say. That makes more sense.

I really don't think the drama teacher or his fiancee had anything to do with it.

I knew Greg, and I knew Greg wanted me and i turned him down again and again. Then when i told him Diana liked him he said"Oh no, the ugly one likes me!" His words. He thought Debbie and I were pretty but not Diana. Again I stress this was HIS opinion not mine. I don't think he would need more than that for motive. Mazure most likely had a crush on Diana. Lemule, an all around creep. So your theory fits, but without Encila. He was just an idiot that cheated with a student. I really really do not think he did anything more than that.

I've heard rumor of Mazure in Tucson again. I don't know any more than that.

Ok, looks like I got the wrong workplace. I understand how Hatton and Mazure could have been in cahoots as you say. That makes more sense.

I really don't think the drama teacher or his fiancee had anything to do with it.

I knew Greg, and I knew Greg wanted me and i turned him down again and again. Then when i told him Diana liked him he said"Oh no, the ugly one likes me!" His words. He thought Debbie and I were pretty but not Diana. Again I stress this was HIS opinion not mine. I don't think he would need more than that for motive. Mazure most likely had a crush on Diana. Lemule, an all around creep. So your theory fits, but without Encila. He was just an idiot that cheated with a student. I really really do not think he did anything more than that.

I've heard rumor of Mazure in Tucson again. I don't know any more than that.

How long ago did you hear the rumor about Mazure returning to Tuscon and was it from a credible source? Also, do you know if Mazure was DNA tested? Hatton would have to give a DNA sample because he was sent to prison, it is mandatory and if he refused, they would have forced him against his will. So any DNA retrieved from the arms and the plastic bag they were in would not be Hatton's, but he still was likely involved. Also, what about Troy Olsen? Could he have been involved or does he at least know about his former co-worker Mazure?

I don't know why that seems like it would be a better reality, to have some stranger have done it. But, I think it does somehow feel "better" to think that was a stranger. Sadly, in cases like this it's usually an acquaintance or even close friend.

Close to the time of her murder, Diana was hanging out with a lot of sleazy characters. She always wanted to be part of the crowd, sometimes even if it wasn't a crowd you want to associate with. Ask yourself why she would have even been with a sleazy guy like Lemual Prion.

I know she had been hanging out with a hooker who lived on miracle mile(now Oracle Mile). Tabitha was said to have suggested prostitution to her as a way of making money. I also heard rumors of her possibly trying to sell some pot to make money. She was working at Bazils and at Eegee's, where John Mazure worked. John had been reprimanded recently for attempting to bite a workers nose off. I tried to contact Eegees about the records but was told the files had long since been destroyed.

John Mazure was friends with Greg Hatton aka Greg Hall. who were both heavily into cocaine and other drugs and know from my own experiences that the crowd of guys were very violent and sadistic for the most part. I even at one point remember them all standing in a room with a sword talking about what it would be like to cut someones arms off. I don't know if it was connected, but definitely a strange coincidence. DNA evidence will solve this case. We just need to test the arms and the potential suspects.

The other possible reality could have been Encillas and his fiance murdering Diana by accident after an argument at that house. I think Encillas used to take Diana to that house his mom owned to have sex with her. Maybe the fiance got wise and chaos ensued.

I could see them murdering her accidentally, then desperate to get rid of the body cut it into pieces. However the arms resembled something you would see out of a horror movie. They were riddled with cactus quills and cuts. A condition that iterated a possible escape attempt or something in the desert.

Dianas car broke down at the Moshtoberfest that night, and her "friends" left her and went to the party, near where he car was found.

I could see her possibly calling this "person" for help, not realizing the danger she was putting herself into, or maybe this person had been stalking her, dismantled a part of her car, they would be able to easily fix; then conveniently showing up when she was broke down.

But it does seem unlikely in some ways that she was being stalked, because he would have no way of knowing that her friends wouldn't help her with her car. They just happened to blow her off, and leave for the party. Unless Lemual had been stalking her. He was said to have threatened Tabitha with a survival knife. Maybe Lemual had become obsessed with Diana. I am going to look into finding out exactly what it would take to have the case reopened and the arms tested. I pray to G-d, the arms haven't somehow been lost.

That is one of the other main problems with this case. I think there was a prostitution ring being covered up by our police force, and the murder of Diana was diverted away from that so that the police force wouldn't be held responsible. That does seem crazy, but amazingly enough there was tons of lose ends the police disregarded. And with no concrete answers, you have to turn over every possible rock.

@Nathan, you never told us about Mazure. Was he from out of state? How old was he? What was his ethnicity, hair color/style. Did he have a criminal record? When did he go missing?

List of information needed on this case;

Who did it-most obvious

Current whereabouts/any crumb of info on John Mazure

Name of Robert Encilla's 1992 fiancee

Troy Olsen info

Side of Angela Leeman's story pertaining to Hatton, she might testify against Hatton if given a lighter sentence

List of suspects who were given DNA samples/polygraphs