Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Diana Vicari dismemberment-murder case

Lucas North-justiceseeker

Diana Vicari was last seen alive around midnight on October 23 1992 in Tuscon,Arizona.Her severed arms were found in a dumpster on oct 24 by a woman collecting aluminum cans.The arms were identified through fingerprints and a ring given to Vicari by her father.The rest of her body was never found and the case remained unsolved for years.Then in 1995 Lemuel Prion from Utah was charged and later sentenced to death in 1999,but in 2003 the conviction was overturned and the case remains cold to this day.Prions defence team theorized a man named John Mazure was responsible for the murder.Also Diana was having an afair with her drama teacher at Pima Community College.The teachers name is Robert Encila who had a fiance whos name has been withheld from the public.Dianas car was found abandoned near a house in escrow beloning to the fiances mother.This case may or may not be connected to the 1992/1992 Phoenix murders of Angela Brosso and Melanie Bernas.I decided to start this thread to gather new intell and help solve this 20 year old murder once and for all.Dianas sister Debbie Vicari worked hard for years trying to track down the killer,but passed away in 2009 from complications from surgery.I hope that we the public can come together and help solve this case. http://caselaw.findl...rt/1291382.html

Edited by lucas north

Wow. I wonder what the point of cutting her arms off was ,as it wasn't to conceal her id,if they were what was found .

The arms were found in a heavy duty black plastic bag in the downtown Tuscon area.They were probably severed to help get rid of the body easier.

Edited by lucas north

Wonder why the police didn't question the drama at lenght? Sound like a fatal love affair. If the case a contected could be a serial killer involved. The killed might have moved to a better hunting ground or died. Strange at the killer has n't struck since then.

Edited by wolfknight

The detectives working the case had very little to work with.This guy Encila could have been involved or maybe wasnt.His fiance might have killed her with Encilas help or maybe hired John Mazure or Lemuel Prion.There are so many possibilities and very few evidence.John Mazure has aparently "dissapeared"Could he have started a new life with a fake id? Could he have been a victim of murder himself? Is he hiding out or dead? Encila is a big player in the Tuscon theatre scene to this day and I dont know if his wife is his fiance at the time of Dianas death or not.Debbi Vicari said in a post on youtube back in 2008 the police had new dna evidence but I guess she passed on before she found out.This case has been completly forgotten and I hope that we can revive intrest in this case.It worked with the Brosso/Bernas murder cases after I posted that thread a year ago.We now have a gold mind of info on that case that we didnt have in addition to getting a bunch of new people interested in that case.I am hoping we can do the same here with this case.I hope people who knew Diana and Encila,Mazure and the fiance will come out and tell the public new info about the case thats not availibe anywhere on the web.This case can be solved because of the fact that there are suspects and dna evidence.

Edited by lucas north

I have hunted for this guy Mazure online and have found nothing.No records of any John Mazure in tuscon so maybe this guy moved out of state or only lived in Tuscon briefly.He worked at 4225 N Oracle Road at the now closed New Orleans Lounge bar/club.Maruze was aperantly fired for showing up to work"disoriented and dishelved" on the day after Dianas dissapearence.This could have been a lie manufactured by Prions defence team which is convinient considering that Mazure has dissapeared.Or maybe it is the truth and Mazure was involved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I care and want it solved so thats why I came back.Does anyone have any opinions about this case? Anyone here who knew Diana or anyone involved?

20 years ago tonight Diana Vicari was last seen alive at the New Orleans Bar on Oracle Road in Tuscon.Earlier in the evening she attended drama class at Pima Community College.She was in a relationship with Robert Encila who also had a fiance.Two days later,her severed arms were found in a downtown area dumpster by a woman collecting aluminum cans.The arms were in a heavy duty garbage bag and a ring given to Diana by her father was still on her finger.Her arms were identified through fingerprint records,but the rest of her body had never been discovered.In 1997 Lemuel Prion was arrested for her murder and sentenced to death row in 1999.In 2003,he was aquitted of her murder and taken of death row and sent to Utah to serve time for a previous sex crime.Prions defence team claimed a man named John Mazure was the one who was responsible for Dianas death.Mazure was fired from the New Orleans Lounge after showing up the day after Dianas disapearence for acting"disoriented and dishelved".Mazure has since gone"missing".Dianas car was found abandoned in front of a house belonging to the mother of Robert Encilas fiance.

Oh people care, but we don't know where to start.Never heard of this till you brought it up.It's quite possible either the fiance or her mother was invovled in some way.They possibly hired someone to kill her.Though leaving the arms in a bag,with hands attached so finger prints could be lifted eventually was stupid to me.Why not make the whole body disappear.I know places around here and in the Texas Hill Country where you could dump a body and it would never be found.

Mazure might be an accomplish,or maybe witnessed the murder by accident. Maybe he decided it would be best to leave town maybe and change his name.

Today is the 20th aniversary of when Diana Vicari's arms were found in a Tuscon dumpster.I ask everyone reading this with any info on Diana or the suspects in her murder to post on here with info.

He denied seeing her that night. But he did know her. He was arrested for sexual assault on a child 5 months later. 95 year sentence

Look about Mazure,I think he was hired by Encila's fiance.This was personal,Vicari's ring and car with an expensive pull out stereo weren't touched.The question is is Robert Encila's current wife the fiance back in 1992 and if she is not then what's her name? Also I was looking over the court documents and they show Mazure worked previously at Eegees which is where Viacri worked.I think Mazure was hired by Encila/Encila's fiance, that makes the most sence.If Hatton is in prison for sex crimes isn't it mandatory he take a DNA sample?

Aparently Debbie Vicari said on her youtube back in January of 2008 that as of September 2007 they were still awaiting for "new dna" to be tested.Does anybody have anything on Mazure? Encila is still in Tuscon and is involved in the local theatre scene there.

Obviously if it was Prion's they would have recharged him.But I was confused because you said it was a "rumor".I wonder if Encila's fiance took a dna test.

Edited by Lucas North-justiceseeker

They were limited to nail scrapings and were so fixed on prion that they didn't test until later. Who knows what ever came of what was taken? Little chance of getting any samples now. They would certainly have access to anyone who stuck around.