Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boy died due to faith healer parents

Render

The sad thing is that now they will sit back and talk about "God's will."

• Like 2

This kinda stuff amazes me.

Do these types of people think that doctors are evil in some way? They never seem to consider the thought that their God blessed people with compassion and intelligence and a work ethic to become doctors and help people.

The other children should not be given back to these people.

• Like 3

And that's another unnecessary death caused by religion. You will have a religious nut coming forth and claiming that it was "God's will" for him to die at this time...

Religion is the scum on the bottom of my shoe.

• Like 2

That means that an entire community exist where people believe this. They are going to continue letting other children and adults and probably even animals die because they refuse medical treatment.

And we can do nothing about it.

We need to force doctor visitation upon that entire religion.

Edited by Kazoo

And that's another unnecessary death caused by religion. You will have a religious nut coming forth and claiming that it was "God's will" for him to die at this time...

Religion is the scum on the bottom of my shoe.

I am sure the religious doctors and medics reading that same story, would feel angered ...

I can't get over how they avoided jail.. When we read about people going down for a lot less ...

• Like 1

Poor kid :cry: It beggars belief that these parents let their child die in agony. I was taught "God helps those who help themselves" they should of gone straight to the A & E department immediately. :no:

• Like 2

I'm not a big follower of the different "Christian" sects or cults. While I'm aware of "faith-healing", and I've heard about this kind of thing before, what is it about "modern medicine" that they feel is unholy or immoral?

I'm not a big follower of the different "Christian" sects or cults. While I'm aware of "faith-healing", and I've heard about this kind of thing before, what is it about "modern medicine" that they feel is unholy or immoral?

I think some believers feel using modern medicine questions their faith somehow. I've experienced it with some christians I knew, they wanted to believe they were healed but they weren't, they were just practising positive thinking. Their ailments never left them so if they were healed why were they still ill? - I believe because faith healing is fake - been there, done that, got the t shirt.

I think some believers feel using modern medicine questions their faith somehow. I've experienced it with some christians I knew, they wanted to believe they were healed but they weren't, they were just practising positive thinking. Their ailments never left them so if they were healed why were they still ill? - I believe because faith healing is fake - been there, done that, got the t shirt.

Agreed on the fake. But I'm wondering whether their belief is that faith itself will restore health, or if there is an actual bible passage they feel instructs them to avoid doctors?

Agreed on the fake. But I'm wondering whether their belief is that faith itself will restore health, or if there is an actual bible passage they feel instructs them to avoid doctors?

I used this the other day on the Doctor Pepper thread. :blush:

Matthew 9:12

'On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.'

I am not familiar with the Bible, I am quite sure this is in there somewhere, just don't know which one though...

Edited by Junior Chubb

Unbelieveable .. And To Think We're In The 21st Century ...

To think that ppl have been saying that sentence since the moment ppl started believing in God(s )

How long will it take till some can come to their senses.

• Like 1

To think that ppl have been saying that sentence since the moment ppl started believing in God(s )

How long will it take till some can come to their senses.

Lolol .. Good Point ..

But You Know What I Meant ..

So...basically their religion allowed them to be exempt from the law?

I am disgusted beyond words.

• Like 1

They believe that god chooses to save them or take them to heaven. It's one of those "Thy will be done" kind of things.

I could NEVER do what these people did because I believe the lottery ticket parable that someone mentioned ... God gave you the tools to take care of these problems, now use them. Aka, take yourself and your kids to the damn doctor.

But I can see how these kooks arrived at their belief in letting nature/god take its course too... I'm not particularly horrified by what they believe or by the results of their beliefs, but I don't agree with them either.

• Like 2

How many more times does this need to happen before these idiots realise medical issues require medical attention..? They should be in jail. 5 years probation is a joke for letting their son die in agony.

• Like 3

How many more times does this need to happen before these idiots realise medical issues require medical attention..? They should be in jail. 5 years probation is a joke for letting their son die in agony.

I know, I couldn't believe they got off so lightly.. People have went down for far less ...

• 7 months later...

They believe that god chooses to save them or take them to heaven. It's one of those "Thy will be done" kind of things.

I could NEVER do what these people did because I believe the lottery ticket parable that someone mentioned ... God gave you the tools to take care of these problems, now use them. Aka, take yourself and your kids to the damn doctor.

But I can see how these kooks arrived at their belief in letting nature/god take its course too... I'm not particularly horrified by what they believe or by the results of their beliefs, but I don't agree with them either.

You ought to be horrified, two innocent children are dead because of that BS. I find it kind of scary you can follow their logic...

Here's an update on these two irresponsible scum.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/22/faith-healing-philadelphia-couple-charged-with-murder-after-2nd-son-dies/

Apparently the state of PA agrees with me.

• Like 1

You ought to be horrified, two innocent children are dead because of that BS. I find it kind of scary you can follow their logic...

Here's an update on these two irresponsible scum.

http://www.foxnews.c...r-2nd-son-dies/

Apparently the state of PA agrees with me.

Good to see that they've been charged.

• Like 1

I am a faith healer, I even would go as far as saying the hospital is not my first choice..

But even from my perspective, at some point they had to notice.. This is beyond faith healing.. He must be taken to a hospital.

They didn't take him and he died, there is no excuse. I have a 3 year old daughter, when she complains of a tummy pain sure i'll give her a natural remedy, check back in a little bit and if it's still not better... Time to go see a doctor.

Faith healing can work wonders, but when it doesn't work... it doesn't work... I just don't understand how they saw that nothing was working and came to the conclusion that they would not take the kid to the hospital...