Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Headaches linked to painkiller use

questionmark

More than one million people in Britain may be suffering from constant, crippling headaches because they are taking too many painkillers, experts say.

The pills people take to relieve headaches and migraines may be making things much worse, according to the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (Nice) in guidance to the health service for England and Wales.

As many as one in 50 people suffering from continual headaches are in fact victims of "medication overuse", Nice reports.

Read more

True enough... Years ago, I was addicted to painkillers ( co-codamol ) and I felt I had headaches every day... It was my mind ... Many years of taking them.. I kicked it in the head ( pun not intended ) and quit... I don't get those headaches any more.

Edited by Beckys_Mom

John McEnroe was always having hissy fits then he would sit down and hold he's head as if in pain from a headache but I realized it was just he's headband all along. :yes:

John McEnroe was always having hissy fits then he would sit down and hold he's head as if in pain from a headache but I realized it was just he's headband all along. :yes:

His headband? You cannot be serious...

I don't like taking painkillers for anything if I can help it and will most often do without. Except when I had abdominal surgery and was sent home from hospital with a supply of them, even then I cut down on the dose considerably as soon as I felt I could manage on less. Headaches with me can sometimes go away by themselves but if not I might just take one paracetamol and that usually does the trick.

Painkillers are hard on your body in other ways, can give you liver problems. Its not good to take them unless you really need them.

• Like 1